Sony Music Unlimited 3-Month Subscription Extension $3.00 (YMMV)

metaphysicalstyles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
Last November PlayStation+ subscribers had the option to subscribe to 1-year of Music Unlimited for something like $12.99. With my subscription coming to an end November 24, I decided to check out the subscription pricing through the Music Unlimited website. To my surprise, I had the option to extend my subscription 3-months for $3.00. I think the regular monthly cost is $9.99/month. Screen shot of transaction below... and sorry for the poor topic title.

Thanks for the heads up!  Though it's a bit clunky, I love using MU.

Does anyone know if the $12 deal last year stacked onto existing subscriptions or was it only for new subscribers?

$3 for 3 months is awesome, but I hope Sony does $12 for a year again.

I got an email Nov. 5 with the extension offer to my original $12+ deal.  I use the service at work all of the time so $3 for another 3 months was worth it to me.  Be sure to turn off auto-renewal if you don't want to continue the service at full price once this new deal expires.

Thanks for the heads up! Though it's a bit clunky, I love using MU.

Does anyone know if the $12 deal last year stacked onto existing subscriptions or was it only for new subscribers?

$3 for 3 months is awesome, but I hope Sony does $12 for a year again.
I want to say the $12 deal was for new PS+ subscribers only. They also ran a deal back in June (I believe) where you could get a year for $41.99 (PS+ subscribers) or $54.99 (non-PS+ subscribers). I'm hoping some new deals pop-up following the launch of the PS4. Sure, it's clumsy at times, but my overall experience with the service has been favorable.

Would I pay $120/year for it? Nope.

I got an email Nov. 5 with the extension offer to my original $12+ deal. I use the service at work all of the time so $3 for another 3 months was worth it to me. Be sure to turn off auto-renewal if you don't want to continue the service at full price once this new deal expires.
Good call on the auto-renew. It's set to "on" by default.

I want to say the $12 deal was for new PS+ subscribers only. They also ran a deal back in June (I believe) where you could get a year for $41.99 (PS+ subscribers) or $54.99 (non-PS+ subscribers). I'm hoping some new deals pop-up following the launch of the PS4. Sure, it's clumsy at times, but my overall experience with the service has been favorable.

Do you or anyone else remember if that $41.99 price was for new MU subscribers, or could I have extended my subscription for another year at that price? I also got in on the $12 sale a year ago and a few days ago renewed for three months for $3.

Gotcha, I might hold out and see if they do the $12/year - mine is expiring in about a month.

superhippy - I never used the MP3 support on PS3, maybe I missed out on something magical. They can easily add it back in. I do like the extensive Sony Music library available on MU and the ability to download to iPhone and Android. Sony Music is massive - I just wish they would leverage more of their licenses on MU (no Beatles!)

That said, MU is a clunker, but totally worth $12/year.

The $12 was not for new PS+ subcribers. I had Plus for well over a year when I paid the $12 for a year of Music Unlimited. I also got the offer to extend 3 months for $3 which is great but another year for $12 would be pretty amazing. Hopefully Sony at least has another sale on it.

The $12 was not for new PS+ subcribers. I had Plus for well over a year when I paid the $12 for a year of Music Unlimited. I also got the offer to extend 3 months for $3 which is great but another year for $12 would be pretty amazing. Hopefully Sony at least has another sale on it.
You're right, and that's actually what I meant to say. Instead of new PS+ subscribers, I should have said new MU subscribers who are PS+ subscribers. I've been with PS+ since day one as well. Thanks for the correction... brain to fingers communication was lacking that day.

Wait...  I've looked up how to turn off auto renewal online and when I follow the links to my account page, there is nothing that says if I am set to auto renew or not.  It just shows the service start and end date. 

Anyone have a link?  How do I shut off auto renewal (or even confirm that it is on)

EDIT: I do see now that I purchased the extra 3 months for $3 that there is a new instance of the service on my account management page.  Buying that new 3 months actually created an automatic renewal and it defaulted to "active".  Just a heads up for those that bought a full year for $12 like I did and then bought the 3 month extension.  I wasn't set to auto renew after buying the 12 months, but I was after buying the 3 months...  Clever girl. 

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back