Sony Play Days beginning 12/26 - "up to 50% off accessories" incl. wireless headset

coolz481

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
I'll update the post when the specific prices are listed, but I received an email from Sony today about a PS3 accessory sale beginning 12/26 and running through 1/21. It sounds like it's a nationwide initiative, not just limited to Sony retail stores, but I may be mistaken.

Accessories listed that will be on sale (up to 50% off):

Wireless Stereo Headset

Bluetooth Headsets (black or camouflouge)

Media/blu-ray Remote Control

Sony 3D Glasses

HDMI (6.5 ft)

Dualshock3 Charging Station

Move Charging Station

Sports Champions / Deadmund's Quest Bundle

Move Motion Controller

Move Navigation Controller

Move Sharp Shooter

If you missed the various 50% off deals at Gamestop, Amazon, and Best Buy earlier this summer and fall, it sounds like you'll have another shot.

If you're brand new to Move, I still think the Best Buy exclusive "Mayhem Bundle" with Resistance 3, Killzone 3, Sharpshooter, Camera, Motion Controller and Navigation Controller for $99.99 is by far the best deal:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...on+3/3991358.p?id=1218444836601&skuId=3991358

To all of the hopefuls I doubt veeeeeeeeeery seriously they'll drop 50% off of the new headsets. But I have a pair gottem off of Amazon for $79 and they are fuggin awesome

The headsets have been on sale before. Just after they released. Not 50%. I suspect Move related accessories, the sales numbers are not there for Sony and they have been on 50% off sale allot since Summer.

I'm really hoping that the 7.1 headset goes on a nice sale. I doubt it's gonna be 50% off but it would be awesome if it were at least 30% off.

Ive been wanting the headset for no more than $60, so thanks for the heads up. This might be my best shot until the Summer sales

I doubt many items will hit 50%, Sony is just too tight on their discounts. Hoping for y'all it is though.

I have 3 controllers and the wireless headset so I'm all set but I wonder what the price will be on that DS3 charging station. Looks like the msrp is $30 making it $15 with the 50% off, if my math is correct and they sell them at that price I will be picking one up for sure

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I have 3 controllers and the wireless headset so I'm all set but I wonder what the price will be on that DS3 charging station. Looks like the msrp is $30 making it $15 with the 50% off, if my math is correct and they sell them at that price I will be picking one up for sure[/QUOTE]

the phrase is "UP TO" 50% off. Not everything 50% off.

I got the wireless stereo headset from amazon for $79.99 last week. It is awesome but when i play uncharted 3 i hear a beep every now and then also there is alot of echo's but this is my only game this happens on other then that it is awesome. My two brothers are gonna buy it if it goes 50% off.

Anyone seen any updates on this? Amazon prices haven't moved, i'm hoping for a drop on the wireless headsets, I have one on backorder through amazon for $80 but any price drop would be great. Also hoping the new bluray remotes go for half off.

It would be nice if it was 50% off on those headsets. I refuse to pay more than the price people paid during that pre-order promotion on Amazon.

I can't remember the original price people paid. I know that I won't be paying more than $80 for a pair.

Everywhere i've checked online is showing the wireless headsets at 89.99.... no chance i'll purchase those for that price.

I know last night they were still showing up as 99.99 at best buy and TRU... now showing 89.99 at bestbuy and 99.99 at TRU.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']It would be nice if it was 50% off on those headsets. I refuse to pay more than the price people paid during that pre-order promotion on Amazon.

I can't remember the original price people paid. I know that I won't be paying more than $80 for a pair.[/QUOTE]

$65.

This sale is at multiple retailers (online and B&M) as it's a Sony promotion.

[quote name='gantt']$65.

This sale is at multiple retailers (online and B&M) as it's a Sony promotion.[/QUOTE]

Who has it for $65? The lowest I've seen it since the sale started was $80 and some retailers only took $10 off making it $90.

The weekly Best Buy ad (page 35 on website) clearly has the headset advertised as part of the "play days" sale at $89.99 so this looks like a bust, at least at Best Buy.

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']Not for chat.[/QUOTE]
I've been wondering about this.
I don't really chat all that often, and I really like this headset.

But I wasn't sure whether or not I could still use it for sound only or not

Last edited by a moderator:
which stores have it for $50. Amazon is sold out for $79.99, best buy, gamestop still have it for $90. is this live yet? Dont want to miss out on the deal.

[quote name='bojay1997']Who has it for $65? The lowest I've seen it since the sale started was $80 and some retailers only took $10 off making it $90.[/QUOTE]

$65 was my response to anotherpoorgamer, who said "I refuse to pay more than the price people paid during that pre-order promotion on Amazon. I can't remember the original price people paid."

Go to GameStop and get the headest, they have it for $50. If you call or check online, the price will not be $50.

receipt.jpg

[quote name='jwk94']Go to GameStop and get the headest, they have it for $50. If you call or check online, the price will not be $50.

receipt.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ymmv

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I've been wondering about this.
I don't really chat all that often, and I really like this headset.

But I wasn't sure whether or not I could still use it for sound only or not[/QUOTE]

I have it. I read that it does not work with the 360 at all, so I gave up after about 2 minutes of trying. Can anyone else confirm that I could get it to work for sound if I put the effort in?

Also, I like it, but the fact that I have to find USB audio out devices to use it can be frustrating. It does not work with my DVD or 3d blu ray player (which i prefer to use over my ps3).

[quote name='bgame2']I have it. I read that it does not work with the 360 at all, so I gave up after about 2 minutes of trying. Can anyone else confirm that I could get it to work for sound if I put the effort in?

Also, I like it, but the fact that I have to find USB audio out devices to use it can be frustrating. It does not work with my DVD or 3d blu ray player (which i prefer to use over my ps3).[/QUOTE]
I would head out to gamestop right now to buy it if it wasn't for that fact.

While my Sharkoon is wired it works with both and PC.

How low do you think a base move bundle would go? I only want it for DS Extraction and House of the Dead. I was thinking of getting the $80 Goldeneye Bundle, but I think that's too much for me.

[quote name='Sonne']How low do you think a base move bundle would go? I only want it for DS Extraction and House of the Dead. I was thinking of getting the $80 Goldeneye Bundle, but I think that's too much for me.[/QUOTE]
You can probably find one for about $50-60

Goldeneye Bundle for $80 is actually pretty good. If you don't like Goldeneye you can sell it for atleast $30, and if you don't want the sharpshooter you could sell that for $15-20 easily I'm sure. Plus you'll have a navigation controller you won't need if those are the only games you want that you could sell.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']You can probably find one for about $50-60

Goldeneye Bundle for $80 is actually pretty good. If you don't like Goldeneye you can sell it for atleast $30, and if you don't want the sharpshooter you could sell that for $15-20 easily I'm sure[/QUOTE]

I know, i should have jumped on it. The deal is dead now. Ah well, I have plenty to tide me over.

Another option is buying the Mayhem Bundle from BB. Especially if you have credit or certificates.

Its $100 but comes with KZ3, R3, Sharpshooter & Navigation controller which you could get rid of.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Yup the headset rang up at 50 dollars at the register in my local gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Hitting up GS ft this puppy tomorrow. New right?

fyi went to my local gamestop and all ps3 official accessories were at 50% off. I picked up an official move charging station for $14.99. Not bad considering its 19.99 on sale at amazon and gamestop's website.

[quote name='Sk']fyi went to my local gamestop and all ps3 official accessories were at 50% off. I picked up an official move charging station for $14.99. Not bad considering its 19.99 on sale at amazon and gamestop's website.[/QUOTE]

Were the move controllers 25 ?

[quote name='Sk']fyi went to my local gamestop and all ps3 official accessories were at 50% off. I picked up an official move charging station for $14.99. Not bad considering its 19.99 on sale at amazon and gamestop's website.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? All of them? Good thing I didn't open the Dualshock 3 I got for Christmas.

bread's done
Back