Sony PlayStation 24" 3D 1080p 240Hz Widescreen LED Monitor [Manufacturer refurbished] $99.99 - eBay Daily Deal sold by Newegg

Oh my god...

I was first going to reply with "There is no USB you loon", because I've been using these displays for years as travel monitors and have never seen one despite routinely handling them at all angles when carrying them around. Instead, I did a bit of searching and, lo and behold, the god damn thing has a friggin USB port! A very well hidden USB port... I'm just boggled at why it's hidden away like that. I actually found a few professional review sites that specifically called out the lack of a USB port in their reviews.

Apparently the manual calls it a "service port" or something, but it can be used to charge the glasses and install firmware updates. I'll have to test it tonight to see if it gives enough juice to power the Chromecast. That'll be pretty rad if it does. Also hoping the Chromecast can fit into the HDMI port without the dongle thing that comes with it so it's not flopping around all the time. I'll find out more when I get home and handle the thing a bit.
lol Glad I could help. I took off the cover and just taped it to the back. It's an absolute pain to plug in from the front though. I should see if it's powerful enough to power through a usb extension cable.

Got mine yesterday and it looks great. I'm waiting on a couple glasses to come in to check out the 3D.

Edit: Looks plenty good as a monitor to me. Not as good as my IPS but that's to be expected. Sound is loud but low quality. Good thing speakers can be cheap. Anyone know if/how it can be used in 3D or at high frame rates on PC? I've seen some hacks around the web that might help but it's pretty unclear. I know HDMI is limited to 1080p60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today and it looks great with a PS3 or PS4 hooked up to it. I've only played a bit of Watch_Dogs (PS4) so far (previously played on the Vizio that I have in my living room) but no discernible issues yet. Of course I'm waiting for the black flickering that everyone else seems to have mentioned and it's probably (hopefully) too soon for that.

Also, the sound quality sucks. I'll probably just hook up an old 2.1 system up to it.

As a monitor, though... it sucks. I have a Macbook Pro hooked up to it and it's just complete crap - mainly because the resolution sucks. Then again, I'm biased because I get to use one of those fancy Apple monitors at work and stare at that thing for 8+ hours a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else have an issue with green/yellow tinting on the right side of the screen? I thought it was my hdmi cable, but after trying three different cables it's still there!

bread's done
Back