Sony Playstation Vita - Memory Card 64GB for $92.66

70 games on a 32 gb. Hell i think i only have 31 and my 32 gb card is almost filled.
Well some of those games are PSP, PS Mini, PS Mobile . . . and since those are smaller games, you can fit a lot more on there. But I love having PSP games readily available to play on the Vita, especially collections like Samurai Shodown Anthology, Metal Slug Anthology, Capcom Classics Remixed and Reloaded, etc.

^ The price is currently $93.01 excluding shipping.

After going through some crappy PayPal currency conversion rates, I decided to just order from http://www.yesasia.com

Yesasia has it for 95.99 w/ free shipping and you can use the coupon code NEWTWITTER3 for $3 off, bringing the total to $92.99 shipped. Best of all, Yesasia sells their stuff in USD so you won't be cheated by inaccurate currency exchange rates.
Good find on YesAsia as well as the coupon and free shipping.

Good find on YesAsia as well as the coupon and free shipping.
Depends on how long you want to wait for it. Their free shipping is amazingly slow, and it only ships in 7-14 days. For some of us, the wait for a month wasn't worth the savings. If you don't mind waiting, though, go for it. I'm still thrilled to pieces having paid $107 for it and received it in 2 days from Japan. Crazy. That's Amazon Prime speed. :D

With all the deals lately, I needed a new card PRONTO! But if you're a new Vita owner, this is certainly the better price if you don't need it immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how long you want to wait for it. Their free shipping is amazingly slow, and it only ships in 7-14 days. For some of us, the wait for a month wasn't worth the savings. If you don't mind waiting, though, go for it. I'm still thrilled to pieces having paid $107 for it and received it in 2 days from Japan. Crazy. That's Amazon Prime speed. :D

With all the deals lately, I needed a new card PRONTO! But if you're a new Vita owner, this is certainly the better price if you don't need it immediately.
I can wait it out to save $14 on a purchase, though I can see why someone might not want the wait.

The better price would likely be from a US vendor at some point, though that may be a long time in coming.

You ordered from Amazon JP to the US? I tried doing that buy Amazon JP said they won't ship to my address (presumably because its in the US).

Nice find TC.

I went through PayPal and it came out to $108 shipped via Fed Ex.

From experience, I can tell you that you never want to use standard Japanese air mail unless you like waiting a month or more for your stuff to arrive while it's held up in customs.

To me, It's always worth paying the extra $10-$20 and take the Fed Ex shipping from Japan to have it arrive within only a few days.

Well, mark down another satisfied customer for Nippon-Yasan.com

I ordered on a Sunday and the card arrived Wednesday. 

I just restored the backup of my old memory card, and now I am free to download what I please! Off to the PSN Store!

It's all good. I have a ton of other Vita games that I'll play on the big screen anyways. Thanks for the heads up. Is there a list of confirmed games so far?
Here's a list of games, it's in japanese but still gives an idea of what is supported.

http://search.jp.playstation.com/search?charset=utf-8&group=1&design=2&psvtvCard=1&psvtvDownload=1&psvtvDownloadCard=1&count=100#search-result

Notable games that aren't supported include: Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Zeroe's escape, Killzone, Sly 4, Playstation All Stars, and many more.

All the talk about the 100 limit worries me. I play a lot if older and indie games so many don't take up that much room. But I do like the occasional vita game.

Finding deals for these memory cards is about as hard as finding deals on apple products. It is pretty annoying.

I don't have a Vita. Does that mean you can have like 500 games, if your memory card can handle it?
Yes. The previous app limit was 100. You do have to use folders to organize at least some of the apps, but it's easy. I hit the 100 app limit a while ago, on my 32gb card, with an extra 500mb still available. Very glad they finally increased the app limit!

I haven't seen any 32 gb cards in a long time at local retailers (even at $80 msrp), so I'm assuming they have been discontinued by Sony because they weren't selling?  So if I want something larger than my current 16gb, I guess I'll eventually be getting this 64gb card when it drops in price...

i bought mine from far east flea market on amazon, and it got here in 4 days. they sent me a $5 off coupon for a "bad panda shop" that can be shared infinitely, if anyone wants to try them out.

Didn't realize that 32GB cards hadn't been sold for so long. It looks like Sony wants the Vita to fail.

Yes. The previous app limit was 100. You do have to use folders to organize at least some of the apps, but it's easy. I hit the 100 app limit a while ago, on my 32gb card, with an extra 500mb still available. Very glad they finally increased the app limit!
Oh cool, I just did a rough estimate on how much space I'd need if I were to download every game I got from the PSN, including PS+.

It would take a little more than 64GB just to have every compatible/digital Vita, PSP, PS1, and Minis game on my Vita.

^ The price is currently $93.01 excluding shipping.

After going through some crappy PayPal currency conversion rates, I decided to just order from Yesasia

Yesasia has it for 95.99 w/ free shipping and you can use the coupon code NEWTWITTER3 for $3 off, bringing the total to $92.99 shipped. Best of all, Yesasia sells their stuff in USD so you won't be cheated by inaccurate currency exchange rates.
Is Yesasia a good site? When I googled it, the reviews were awful.

[quote name="superleaf444" post="11652482" timestamp="1396126701"]Is Yesasia a good site? When I googled it, the reviews were awful.[/quote]

I've only used them to order my 64GB Vita memory card and I didn't have any problems.

I'd recommend them.

I've only used them to order my 64GB Vita memory card and I didn't have any problems. I'd recommend them.
Cool, thanks! I put my order in and since it was my first time used a coupon to save 3$. I'm guessing it is going to take around a month to even get this. We shall see.

I hate myself for spending this much on a memory card but finally pulled the trigger. I know Ill be happy once I get it though and load it up with tons of games

If Sony is discontinuing the 32GB card in western nations, then presumably they'll never released the 64GB outside of Asia, right?  So maybe this is the cheapest we'll ever be able to get it.  :(

I know we've all complained many times about it before, but can I just say again, what the heck were they thinking using proprietary memory instead of SD?  How did they think that would help them make back their losses?  I think it just contributes to less people buying Vitas...  :(

I hate myself for spending this much on a memory card but finally pulled the trigger. I know Ill be happy once I get it though and load it up with tons of games
I agree, I figure it will be worth it in the long run. Just the time I take to delete shit for basic things like updates is becoming really annoying. I also figure 64 is enough that I can sell my other memory cards, so I can at least make some of the money back.

If Sony is discontinuing the 32GB card in western nations, then presumably they'll never released the 64GB outside of Asia, right? So maybe this is the cheapest we'll ever be able to get it. :(

I know we've all complained many times about it before, but can I just say again, what the heck were they thinking using proprietary memory instead of SD? How did they think that would help them make back their losses? I think it just contributes to less people buying Vitas... :(
It does exactly this. Any company making anything proprietary these days is just foolish and hopefully hurts their bottom line.

It does exactly this. Any company making anything proprietary these days is just foolish and hopefully hurts their bottom line.
The whole thing is heartbreaking. Seems like Sony learned little from PSP. The Vita is such a great system in so many ways, and I'm super pleased with mine, but...

Oh well!

I really hope Sony makes a third Vita remodel. Vita Go or Vita Mini. Psp Go like slide out controls (though analog sticks might make this impossible) with a 3.5 inch or 4 inch screen, better battery life and microSD support. Probably wishful thinking. Drop it to $129-$149, bundle MineCraft on it and you're good.

bread's done
Back