Sony PS3 3D TV/Display $299 at Best Buy Again

[quote name='CAGEricho316']I bought one of these the last time it was 300. The picture is pretty nice and all, but there is a issue with the blackout during gameplay, at least for me though it only happens when I have it connected to the computer and am playing The Old Republic. The PS3 I have not had a single problem playing for very long periods too. I've heard others having issues with their PS3s though, maybe it's just the hdmi1? who knows, just thought I'd leave some info to look into if you decide you'd like to try and buy this.[/QUOTE]

I did research for about an hour on this while ago and decided not to get it, the problems are fairly widespread. There's people who have had it multiple times and returned their models 2-3x already and keep having it. Seems a board on the display will go out after the black screen issue happens enough. Then you'll get a blinking red light letting you know it's broken. If you do get it, pay for the warranty from best buy so you can take it back. I've read lots of people who are stuck with it broken and having to send it back to Sony to fix, who still claim it's a non issue. I think it might be why best buy is getting rid of them at this price. Some people have it with HDMI recievers, some have it with the cables going directly from the systems to the display, some have it with the PS3 only, not the 360 or PC, some have it the 360 and PC and not the PS3, too iffy, I looked at prices because I wanted it primarily as a PC monitor to replace my 22 inch samsung which also has my PS3 connected to it, I thought yea, good price to be able to watch some of the 3d movies with, and reading the specs it sounds nice, but from stuff I've read apparently it doesn't even perform like the listed specs claim it does. Just please, if you do buy it, get the warranty for the extra money, then you can just take it back to the store.

I picked up one of these yesterday. Played some of the included Motorstorm game. Seems kinda cool, but I kinda don't notice the 3D after a while. Plus, there are some tunnels you go into and having the 3D glasses on makes some of these parts even harder to see in. That was a problem I had with the first Motorstorm game. I'd crash every 10 seconds and the same seems to be true for this game.

I also picked up the Kung Fu Panda 3D blu-ray. That looked pretty good, but now I'm really wishing I had a 50" 3D TV. :) After wearing the glasses for about 2 hours, it started to hurt around my ears. Mainly because I have a big head and those glasses were really squeezing my head.

I then played some Arkham City off my Xbox 360. That 3D made me say wow more than anything else I played. Looking down a street of buildings, you could really see depth down the street. There were also a few parts that looked a little crap. I also went into the courthouse and I started feeling a little motion sick. I played the hell out of AC and never felt a second of motion sickness.

I have my 50" plasma mounted on a wall. My big idea was to put this new 24" 3D TV on the table just below it. The little thing is just 3" too high for this though. Now I need to find a different place to put it.

Yeah, I doubt I'll pick up a 3d anything until they are dirt cheap and glasses free although I may have to forego the first part of that depending on how the market develops. But I really don't like wearing glasses for 3d.

[quote name='GT']Yeah, I doubt I'll pick up a 3d anything until they are dirt cheap and glasses free although I may have to forego the first part of that depending on how the market develops. But I really don't like wearing glasses for 3d.[/QUOTE]
I'm just going to skip 3D, and wait for the successor of HD when I upgrade for my next TV along with a next gen playstation.

1080p HD TV, Blu-ray, and PS3 is good enough for me right now.

[quote name='Hoffer']
I then played some Arkham City off my Xbox 360. That 3D made me say wow more than anything else I played. Looking down a street of buildings, you could really see depth down the street. There were also a few parts that looked a little crap. I also went into the courthouse and I started feeling a little motion sick. I played the hell out of AC and never felt a second of motion sickness.[/QUOTE]

So the Xbox 360's 3D works w/ this display?

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']How does the simultaneous multiplayer display work? Is it only with certain PS3 games or would it somehow be able to work on my 360 as well?[/QUOTE]

The game itself must support this feature. Seeing as how this monitor looks like a pure dud in terms of sales, dont expect many games, other than the handful out now, to support this.

[quote name='Apostle22']The game itself must support this feature. Seeing as how this monitor looks like a pure dud in terms of sales, dont expect many games, other than the handful out now, to support this.[/QUOTE]

The good news on that front is standard TV makers are starting to build that into their sets:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/07/lg-cinema-screen-lcd-hdtvs-slice-bezel-to-1mm-let-two-players-s/

I'm hoping the technology works the same between all TV manufacturers, so we'll see more and more games start supporting it. I may consider upgrading my TV for this technology.

I feel like I want to get one as a computer monitor. Too bad I don't want to do that with a laptop and a desktop is 2-3 years down the road

[quote name='SideshowNick']Acer makes 3D PC monitors that are compatible with the PS3 as well. As long as they support HDMI 1.4, you can do 3D for PC and PS3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009301

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009300[/QUOTE]

That first link shows that this Sony TV at $300 isn't a terrible deal. That 23.6" Acer is $300 and only comes with a pair of glasses. At least with the Sony, we get Motorstorm as well.

I rented Uncharted 3 a couple weeks ago and gave up on it quick. Never been a fan of the Uncharted combat. I think I might give that game another shot just because of 3D. :)

Ok after much debating I bought one ha. I bought it online with store pick up but I didn't see their standard extended warranty options. Did anyone who bought online get the geek squad warranty thing with it?

[quote name='Drathu']I was going to bite on this, but the glasses were too tight on my big head lol[/QUOTE]

That's the deal. I have a decent hat size and I am not a large person and they barely fit me.

[quote name='iwannadie']Ok after much debating I bought one ha. I bought it online with store pick up but I didn't see their standard extended warranty options. Did anyone who bought online get the geek squad warranty thing with it?[/QUOTE]

Just buy the warranty in store. 2/$30 4/$50. Covers also 1 time glasses replacement (ie. knowing the nonreplaceable battery will likely die by then)

[quote name='Marker']So the Xbox 360's 3D works w/ this display?[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360's 3D is always side by side 3D so it's works with any TV that supports the side by side mode. AFAIK Xbox doesn't support true full HD 3D.

Was at my local BB today and they still have a boat-load of these. $199.99 isn't far away, because nobody is buying these....just too many problems, limitations and issues with them.

I'm very tempted to spring for this but--like everyone else--I think I'll hold off on pulling the trigger until it hits the $199 price point.

[quote name='BetaDemo']I'm very tempted to spring for this but--like everyone else--I think I'll hold off on pulling the trigger until it hits the $199 price point.[/QUOTE]

Sony announced a new glasses-free version of this display at CES, so it will most likely drop. They also announced a 4K 46" glasses-free version. Can't imagine the price tag on the latter.

[quote name='blitz6speed']If anyone wants to sell their motorstorm cheap, pm me![/QUOTE]

I'm about ready to unload my copy, but I'll put it on eBay. I'm quickly reminded why I don't like the Motorstorm games. Constant Crashing!!!

I did this race last night where you're driving from rooftop to rooftop of buildings. Going into buildings and going back out. I did the race twice and the best I did was 14th out of 16 racers. I would literally crash every 5 seconds. It was ridiculous. You have to get at least 5th place to move on and I just don't see that happening.

Otherwise, I actually really like what they did with this game. I like the whole apocolyptic thing going on. The idea of driving through buildings is cool, but actually doing it is another.

I should actually try the race in 2D. It might be the 3D that is screwing me up.

[quote name='Hoffer']I'm about ready to unload my copy, but I'll put it on eBay. I'm quickly reminded why I don't like the Motorstorm games. Constant Crashing!!!

I did this race last night where you're driving from rooftop to rooftop of buildings. Going into buildings and going back out. I did the race twice and the best I did was 14th out of 16 racers. I would literally crash every 5 seconds. It was ridiculous. You have to get at least 5th place to move on and I just don't see that happening.

Otherwise, I actually really like what they did with this game. I like the whole apocolyptic thing going on. The idea of driving through buildings is cool, but actually doing it is another.

I should actually try the race in 2D. It might be the 3D that is screwing me up.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, I found that race easy on 3d. I have almost all races won in 1st place. 2 or three times is not enough practice.

The tv is great, I have it on my desk and that's where I play all my games on.

[quote name='caltab']nvidia 3d does not support this display, so if you have an nvidia video card 3d will not work. As far as the random black screen, I don't have the monitor so I am only going off the numerous reports I've read of the problem. Ive actually read about the problem also happening on ps3s. I don't know if it's a bad batch or a bigger problem. People seem more likely to complain when there's a problem then comment their product works just fine, so it's difficult to tell how big or small a problem actually is. Also, people say Sony support is no help if you try connecting it to a non Sony product.[/QUOTE]

Okay first off stop telling people this you sound like a troll when you admit you don't have it or have had any experience with the monitor. I'm going to address the misinformation being given in this thread 1 by 1. It does work you have to pay for the Nvidia driver to use 3D on a TV if you don't buy the Nvidia glasses kit. The standard drive will still display stereoscopic but its made to function minimally as Nvidia want to sell you the 3Dvision kit or at the very least the driver. Same goes for this monitor like any 3D TV. Trust me Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 as well as any PC game I throw at it look amazing running on the display. As far as lag goes I'm playing BF3 do you think I'd tolerate any lag? The response time is excellent.I wanted 3D and shopped around for quite awhile before purchasing the monitor. I decided that there was way too much ghosting in the models currently available than I saw a FullHD3D display.However I was unable to to justify replacing the main TV at the current price point for HD3D just yet. My biggest issue was would I be happy with the size? Well considering I had a 24inch PC monitor to begin with no love loss here. Do I wish it was bigger hell yes but at the price I'm not complaining. This will tide me over till the bigger sets come down in price some. Yes before you ask I looked at passive and active. Everyone's going active except for LG and making a standard for the glasses. This monitor as well as some of Sony's newer TV's and Samsung have active glasses that fit the standard so these glasses are universal and display Full HD3D trust me there is a huge difference. As far as the blacking out of the screen it happened to me twice but only while using my PC and it showed the message that the driver crashed both times. I tweaked some settings with the audio output and alas no more problems as I had the Nvidia settings out putting audio through the HDMI but windows had HDMI audio disabled via windows (was out putting through my PC speakers So in my opinion that's where the hiccup was as I've had no problems since. Yes when running in 3D the picture is a little dimmer but that is with all active 3D you counteract this by turning up the back light on the display and adjusting your settings. Yes I to was disappointing to discover no coaxial cable at first. Plugged my cable box in via HDMI problem solved. It is a monitor after all not a TV. I do suggest getting the remote for this if you plan on using it for multiple sources. As for the guy saying he has it and the colors seem a little cool...Well calibrate it there are plenty of options to adjust including a "warm, cool and standard setting" I forget what the default is. As far as using your PS3 with it...some of the games will look different. But that is due to the source some games display in a max of 720 some in a max of 1080i some in 1080p. Even the ones that display in 720 still floor people when they see it for the first time. Yes I can tell the difference can the average person? The answer is no. It's a gripe I have with lazy developers that just make ports and don't attempt to utilize the PS3. But by no means is that the displays fault. I task anyone on the fence about this to check out Arkham city, Uncharted 3 or GT5 and say the 3D is sub-par same goes for whatever your favorite 3D movie watch it on Blu-Ray and prepare for eyegasms. Ah the glasses everyones big whining point when it comes to 3D.They are super light and after awhile you don't even realize you have them on. They shutoff automatically when you're not in front of the display so going to the fridge isn't a problem at all. Half the time I forget they are one. As far as people that already where glasses I don't have that issue so I can't comment on what I don't know. My gf wears contacts and she has no problems and she's never complained when she has had her them on over her prescription glasses. The simlView feature works as advertised and works well. I hate ppl that look at my screen and it's nice to do local multiplayer and still have the real estate of the whole screen. I'm not antisocial so I use this feature quite often especially in GT5. It does not I repeat does not display split screen in 3D which is understandable as we're still always down the road from that. All in all I'm truly satisfied with my purchase and I think if you're looking for something 3D to play your PS3, hook your computer up, and cable box an don't want to sacrifice quality. For the cost you can't go wrong. P.S. To the guy who talked about the prototype glasses less display Sony showed at CES I'm pretty sure it will be awhile before they hit the stores and from what I read if you're not sitting straight in front of the TV the effect goes away. So it'll probably be awhile before that tech is perfected. When it is expect to pay out your nose for it.

[quote name='Nocturnal1']Okay first off stop telling people this you sound like a troll when you admit you don't have it or have had any experience with the monitor. I'm going to address the misinformation being given in this thread 1 by 1. It does work you have to pay for the Nvidia driver to use 3D on a TV if you don't buy the Nvidia glasses kit. The standard drive will still display stereoscopic but its made to function minimally as Nvidia want to sell you the 3Dvision kit or at the very least the driver. Same goes for this monitor like any 3D TV. Trust me Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 as well as any PC game I throw at it look amazing running on the display. As far as lag goes I'm playing BF3 do you think I'd tolerate any lag? The response time is excellent.I wanted 3D and shopped around for quite awhile before purchasing the monitor. I decided that there was way too much ghosting in the models currently available than I saw a FullHD3D display.However I was unable to to justify replacing the main TV at the current price point for HD3D just yet. My biggest issue was would I be happy with the size? Well considering I had a 24inch PC monitor to begin with no love loss here. Do I wish it was bigger hell yes but at the price I'm not complaining. This will tide me over till the bigger sets come down in price some. Yes before you ask I looked at passive and active. Everyone's going active except for LG and making a standard for the glasses. This monitor as well as some of Sony's newer TV's and Samsung have active glasses that fit the standard so these glasses are universal and display Full HD3D trust me there is a huge difference. As far as the blacking out of the screen it happened to me twice but only while using my PC and it showed the message that the driver crashed both times. I tweaked some settings with the audio output and alas no more problems as I had the Nvidia settings out putting audio through the HDMI but windows had HDMI audio disabled via windows (was out putting through my PC speakers So in my opinion that's where the hiccup was as I've had no problems since. Yes when running in 3D the picture is a little dimmer but that is with all active 3D you counteract this by turning up the back light on the display and adjusting your settings. Yes I to was disappointing to discover no coaxial cable at first. Plugged my cable box in via HDMI problem solved. It is a monitor after all not a TV. I do suggest getting the remote for this if you plan on using it for multiple sources. As for the guy saying he has it and the colors seem a little cool...Well calibrate it there are plenty of options to adjust including a "warm, cool and standard setting" I forget what the default is. As far as using your PS3 with it...some of the games will look different. But that is due to the source some games display in a max of 720 some in a max of 1080i some in 1080p. Even the ones that display in 720 still floor people when they see it for the first time. Yes I can tell the difference can the average person? The answer is no. It's a gripe I have with lazy developers that just make ports and don't attempt to utilize the PS3. But by no means is that the displays fault. I task anyone on the fence about this to check out Arkham city, Uncharted 3 or GT5 and say the 3D is sub-par same goes for whatever your favorite 3D movie watch it on Blu-Ray and prepare for eyegasms. Ah the glasses everyones big whining point when it comes to 3D.They are super light and after awhile you don't even realize you have them on. They shutoff automatically when you're not in front of the display so going to the fridge isn't a problem at all. Half the time I forget they are one. As far as people that already where glasses I don't have that issue so I can't comment on what I don't know. My gf wears contacts and she has no problems and she's never complained when she has had her them on over her prescription glasses. The simlView feature works as advertised and works well. I hate ppl that look at my screen and it's nice to do local multiplayer and still have the real estate of the whole screen. I'm not antisocial so I use this feature quite often especially in GT5. It does not I repeat does not display split screen in 3D which is understandable as we're still always down the road from that. All in all I'm truly satisfied with my purchase and I think if you're looking for something 3D to play your PS3, hook your computer up, and cable box an don't want to sacrifice quality. For the cost you can't go wrong. P.S. To the guy who talked about the prototype glasses less display Sony showed at CES I'm pretty sure it will be awhile before they hit the stores and from what I read if you're not sitting straight in front of the TV the effect goes away. So it'll probably be awhile before that tech is perfected. When it is expect to pay out your nose for it.[/QUOTE]

129154356572946758.jpg

Holy crap that's a wall of text. I have no idea how telling people that nvidia doesn't support this display is beeing a troll. I stand by my statement. Nvidia doesn't support this display, the fact that there are some scetchy work arounds that kind of work on some games doesn't change that reality. 3d tech and it's compatibility with devices can be very confusing, I was just making sure people knew that this display is not intended for 3d pc gaming. You are the one giving misinformation in that horrid wall of text.

Here is a direct quote from nvidia about this display, that I found on nvidias forum:

I'm afraid the current Sony 3D monitors are not NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready certified and are not supported by NVIDIA 3D Vision or 3DTV Play software. There is currently no plan to add support for the Sony CECH-ZED1U.

[quote name='Nocturnal1']Okay first off stop telling people this you sound like a troll when you admit you don't have it or have had any experience with the monitor. I'm going to address the misinformation being given in this thread 1 by 1. It does work you have to pay for the Nvidia driver to use 3D on a TV if you don't buy the Nvidia glasses kit. The standard drive will still display stereoscopic but its made to function minimally as Nvidia want to sell you the 3Dvision kit or at the very least the driver. Same goes for this monitor like any 3D TV. Trust me Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 as well as any PC game I throw at it look amazing running on the display. As far as lag goes I'm playing BF3 do you think I'd tolerate any lag? The response time is excellent.I wanted 3D and shopped around for quite awhile before purchasing the monitor. I decided that there was way too much ghosting in the models currently available than I saw a FullHD3D display.However I was unable to to justify replacing the main TV at the current price point for HD3D just yet. My biggest issue was would I be happy with the size? Well considering I had a 24inch PC monitor to begin with no love loss here. Do I wish it was bigger hell yes but at the price I'm not complaining. This will tide me over till the bigger sets come down in price some. Yes before you ask I looked at passive and active. Everyone's going active except for LG and making a standard for the glasses. This monitor as well as some of Sony's newer TV's and Samsung have active glasses that fit the standard so these glasses are universal and display Full HD3D trust me there is a huge difference. As far as the blacking out of the screen it happened to me twice but only while using my PC and it showed the message that the driver crashed both times. I tweaked some settings with the audio output and alas no more problems as I had the Nvidia settings out putting audio through the HDMI but windows had HDMI audio disabled via windows (was out putting through my PC speakers So in my opinion that's where the hiccup was as I've had no problems since. Yes when running in 3D the picture is a little dimmer but that is with all active 3D you counteract this by turning up the back light on the display and adjusting your settings. Yes I to was disappointing to discover no coaxial cable at first. Plugged my cable box in via HDMI problem solved. It is a monitor after all not a TV. I do suggest getting the remote for this if you plan on using it for multiple sources. As for the guy saying he has it and the colors seem a little cool...Well calibrate it there are plenty of options to adjust including a "warm, cool and standard setting" I forget what the default is. As far as using your PS3 with it...some of the games will look different. But that is due to the source some games display in a max of 720 some in a max of 1080i some in 1080p. Even the ones that display in 720 still floor people when they see it for the first time. Yes I can tell the difference can the average person? The answer is no. It's a gripe I have with lazy developers that just make ports and don't attempt to utilize the PS3. But by no means is that the displays fault. I task anyone on the fence about this to check out Arkham city, Uncharted 3 or GT5 and say the 3D is sub-par same goes for whatever your favorite 3D movie watch it on Blu-Ray and prepare for eyegasms. Ah the glasses everyones big whining point when it comes to 3D.They are super light and after awhile you don't even realize you have them on. They shutoff automatically when you're not in front of the display so going to the fridge isn't a problem at all. Half the time I forget they are one. As far as people that already where glasses I don't have that issue so I can't comment on what I don't know. My gf wears contacts and she has no problems and she's never complained when she has had her them on over her prescription glasses. The simlView feature works as advertised and works well. I hate ppl that look at my screen and it's nice to do local multiplayer and still have the real estate of the whole screen. I'm not antisocial so I use this feature quite often especially in GT5. It does not I repeat does not display split screen in 3D which is understandable as we're still always down the road from that. All in all I'm truly satisfied with my purchase and I think if you're looking for something 3D to play your PS3, hook your computer up, and cable box an don't want to sacrifice quality. For the cost you can't go wrong. P.S. To the guy who talked about the prototype glasses less display Sony showed at CES I'm pretty sure it will be awhile before they hit the stores and from what I read if you're not sitting straight in front of the TV the effect goes away. So it'll probably be awhile before that tech is perfected. When it is expect to pay out your nose for it.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I think people do this on purpose just to unleash the "wall of text" jokes.

ROFL on the Pelosi picture too BTW.

If it drops to 199.99 I'll buy one as well. I currently have a 27inch 2000 Philips Magnavox CRTwith a radioshack switchbox

[quote name='Nocturnal1']Okay first off stop telling people this you sound like a troll when you admit you don't have it or have had any experience with the monitor. I'm going to address the misinformation being given in this thread
Wall of test

[/QUOTE]

Dude, did you just copy and paste that from somewhere?

Even the Constitution and Bill of Rights have paragraphs, see the pic.

[quote name='danh920']Wait, if I buy this, I wont get any 3d support from my 560ti card if I use this for a monitor?[/QUOTE]

Correct, you absolutely will not. There are some work arounds that kind of work, but not really. If you want 3d for both your nvidia computer and ps3 at this size buy the viewsonic v3d245. Here's a list from nvidia of all the displays that are compatible. To play the ps3 in 3d you want one that is also compatible with hdmi 1.4. I believe the only one at this size in the US is the viewsonic.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-system-requirements.html

I got my display and I am totally in love with it.

It is sitting on the coffee table next near my 60" HD screen temporarily but I would rather play on the ps3 screen no question. I was worried the 24" size would be too small but once I am sitting in front of it the 24" seems really huge actually. Maybe it is taking me back to my desktop gaming days but I am looking forward to playing all my ps3 games on this thing now and not the big screen.

The picture quality is way beyond what I thought I would see, I've had my 1080p 60" tv for a few years and thought it was amazing but this takes it to another level. The audio is good, it has a sub woofer but the bass is not amazing, it is fine and matches or beats tv speakers. I am using my ps3 headphones though so I don't care about the built in speakers as much.

As for the 3d, I love it. I put in gran tourismo and it feels like a new game. I haven't touched GT in months and now I can't wait to get back behind the wheel! I have wipeout which I thought got patched for 3d but I haven't been able to get it going in 3d yet, just in 2d wipeout is seriously insane looking.

I was debating buying this thing for a long time and passed on the original best buy sale, I am fully happy with this for the $299 it is a no brainer. I almost want to buy another one to put in the bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iwannadie']I got my display and I am totally in love with it.

It is sitting on the coffee table next near my 60" HD screen temporarily but I would rather play on the ps3 screen no question. I was worried the 24" size would be too small but once I am sitting in front of it the 24" seems really huge actually. Maybe it is taking me back to my desktop gaming days but I am looking forward to playing all my ps3 games on this thing now and not the big screen.

The picture quality is way beyond what I thought I would see, I've had my 1080p 60" tv for a few years and thought it was amazing but this takes it to another level. The audio is good, it has a sub woofer but the bass is not amazing, it is fine and matches or beats tv speakers. I am using my ps3 headphones though so I don't care about the built in speakers as much.

As for the 3d, I love it. I put in gran tourismo and it feels like a new game. I haven't touched GT in months and now I can't wait to get back behind the wheel! I have wipeout which I thought got patched for 3d but I haven't been able to get it going in 3d yet, just in 2d wipeout is seriously insane looking.

I was debating buying this thing for a long time and passed on the original best buy sale, I am fully happy with this for the $299 it is a no brainer. I almost want to buy another one to put in the bathroom.[/QUOTE]

I took this post seriously until the bathroom part.

:whee:

[quote name='poker360']I took this post seriously until the bathroom part.

:whee:[/QUOTE]

The bathroom part is a joke but really how cool would it be to poop and watch 3d tv ; p .

[quote name='iwannadie']

[/QUOTE]

I think the 3D wipeout stuff is a paid add on. I believe that is also the case with Motorstorm PR.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Why the heck do you guys think it will be $199? That's too low. Just because it is $299 now doesn't mean it will drop to $199[/QUOTE]

That's what other comparable non-3D 24 PC monitor were selling nowadays.

Well, it has no remote, No TV tuner, No IPS.. just HDMI with 3D viewing..

I think some software on PS3 may be able emulate this without the 3D hardware on regular 24' monitor.

I think perhaps give it 10-11 months from now. I think this monitor will definitely drop below $200 from here.

[quote name='cagfansub']That's what other comparable non-3D 24 PC monitor were selling nowadays.

Well, it has no remote, No TV tuner, No IPS.. just HDMI with 3D viewing..

I think some software on PS3 may be able emulate this without the 3D hardware on regular 24' monitor.

I think perhaps give it 10-11 months from now. I think this monitor will definitely drop below $200 from here.[/QUOTE]

It won't be around in 11 months. I mentioned earlier that Sony revealed a glasses-free version at CES this week. It will hit $199 in a couple months.

[quote name='Cindaddy']It won't be around in 11 months. I mentioned earlier that Sony revealed a glasses-free version at CES this week. It will hit $199 in a couple months.[/QUOTE]

No they didn't. They demoed 2 prototype tvs with no price or release date. It wasn't a playstation display and it probably won't ever even be released like the ones they showed last year. Decent sized glasses fee 3d at an affordable prive is still a ways off.

[quote name='yantelope']Xbox 360's 3D is always side by side 3D so it's works with any TV that supports the side by side mode. AFAIK Xbox doesn't support true full HD 3D.[/QUOTE]

Which is how it works on the PS3 too....

Xbox 360 supports full stereoscopic 3D like the PS3.

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hdmi-3d-on-xbox-360

"The latest Xbox 360 update which will be available via the latest batch of games and most likely via Xbox Live in the coming days finally places the Xbox 360 on an even keel with the PS3."

source: http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/article/16162/xbox-finally-joins-ps3-with-new-3d-update.html

[quote name='gamingdroid']Which is how it works on the PS3 too....

Xbox 360 supports full stereoscopic 3D like the PS3.

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hdmi-3d-on-xbox-360

"The latest Xbox 360 update which will be available via the latest batch of games and most likely via Xbox Live in the coming days finally places the Xbox 360 on an even keel with the PS3."

source: http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/article/16162/xbox-finally-joins-ps3-with-new-3d-update.html[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Didn't realize they'd updated the Xbox. Thanks.

I'm confused, so will this display work with 3D PC games? Is there even another option for 3D PC games other than Nvidia's 3D vision?

If you have an AMD card you might be able to use a 3rd party driver. Might even be able to use a 3rd party driver with an Nvidia card it's just not supported by Nvidia's 3D Vision driver.

[quote name='jling84']I'm confused, so will this display work with 3D PC games? Is there even another option for 3D PC games other than Nvidia's 3D vision?[/QUOTE]

Yes & No, I have gotten this to work with a nvidia card. With that said this montier isnt fully supported by Nvidia so you have to use a workaround for the 3d. Outside of 3d its a great montier but if you have no plans for 3d gaming you prob find a better one cheaper.

As far as the quality the 3d is pretty impressive especially given that its not offically supported by 3dtv play, (which is a program you wil lhave to buy sep from Nvidia).

For more info on how to get this to work in 3d check out this blog, it worked great for me. This is a solid deal, for some like myself.

http://blog.bagearon.com/?p=38

[quote name='drakesvg']Yes & No, I have gotten this to work with a nvidia card. With that said this montier isnt fully supported by Nvidia so you have to use a workaround for the 3d. Outside of 3d its a great montier but if you have no plans for 3d gaming you prob find a better one cheaper.

As far as the quality the 3d is pretty impressive especially given that its not offically supported by 3dtv play, (which is a program you wil lhave to buy sep from Nvidia).

For more info on how to get this to work in 3d check out this blog, it worked great for me. This is a solid deal, for some like myself.

http://blog.bagearon.com/?p=38[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks so much for your post.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']This thing will definitely drop to 199... Both of my Best Buys have so many that they've built walls of them to separate the demo systems...[/QUOTE]
My local best buy has them stacked far back in a corner along with some damaged and dusty looking bioshock 2 collectors edition.

Best Buy is probably waiting for 1/24 to pass so those that bought it during the holidays can't price match if they happen to lower the price.

bread's done
Back