Sony PS3 (60gb) + 2 PS3 games + $50 Giftcard, $600 @ SonyStyle B&M

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I came across this promotion and it's apparently been confirmed as being nationwide from June 17 - July 8

This deal amounts to about $170 in savings. Nice deal for someone who needed some incentive.

As far as I know you can choose any 2 $59 games.

Wow, holy shit.

PS3 + Ninja Gaiden Sigma + Darkness + $50 giftcard (that I'd turn around and use it in store on another game like Resistance).

WOW.

If you can use this on both of those games I'd probably bite on a PS3 right now.

Well, when Sigma gets released on the 3rd, that is.

Wow, I had no idea there was a SonyStyle store near me. Hell, had no idea they actually had B&M stores. Learn somethin new every day.

[quote name='jkam']Sounds like a pretty great deal.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm just wondering what the catch is?

Limited selection of games? Only 1st party games?

It's way too good to be true to get a 60GB PS3 and then Sigma and something else for free when Sigma comes out, and then a giftcard on top of it??

Wow, I might actually bite, but.. gah.

I'll stick to my scheme of getting GCs from the free money sites to help pay for one >_>

Ahhh... ok, this is what the AP article was talking about last week.

AP had a good size article about the $$$ problems at Sony... loses... president stepping down... lose of market... etc... etc... and it ended stating that Sony is being forced to give free games away to sell consoles.

Honestly? There isn't even one PS3 game I want. But, this is certainly a sign of a price drop coming real soon. I want one only for its upscaling abilities.

Hmm, so Sony is pushing PS3s super hard in their own stores? Giving away the equivalent of $100 in games in their own stores? Rumored $50-100 price cut? All of this mere days before E3? Seems like we might be seeing a price cut/pack-in deal for the PS3 this fall. Maybe Resistance and a $50 price cut? If they did that AND a $100 price cut they might have a surge in sales.

[quote name='ecmazza']damn, this is tempting, info on what games, etc would be great...so would 600 bucks![/QUOTE]

Yea, we definitely need more information on this deal.

I'd probably go for it if it was any PS3 game released, but I have a feeling it'll just be Sony first party games, which would kill the deal for me as I'd rather get stuff like The Darkness or Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Then use the $50 GC to get VF 5 :drool:

I believe the deal is that you buy the console, 2 games, and an extra controller and then you get a $50 gift card.

hmm...i'm gonna be at Metreon's Sony store tonight for their Final Fantasy anniversary shindig, so I'll take a looksie at this deal while I'm there

Hmmm....just called the Canoga Park, CA Sonystyle store and was told that the deal is you buy a PS3, 2 PS3 games, and an extra controller at full price to get a $50 giftcard...pretty weak if that's the deal...

[quote name='ylekiotgh']Hmmm....just called the Canoga Park, CA Sonystyle store and was told that the deal is you buy a PS3, 2 PS3 games, and an extra controller at full price to get a $50 giftcard...pretty weak if that's the deal...[/QUOTE]

Ehh...hate to say it, but to me this make a lot more sense, the other deal didn't sound like a money making deal for Sony(though it was of course better for us).

[quote name='CrisK']I believe the deal is that you buy the console, 2 games, and an extra controller and then you get a $50 gift card.[/QUOTE]

if thats the case the, Shaqfu that!

The other thread with the fatwallet quote says any 2 games for free and the giftcard, if so an excellent deal (if there's a store in your state)

[quote name='happy']The other thread with the fatwallet quote says any 2 games for free and the giftcard, if so an excellent deal (if there's a store in your state)[/quote]FW is where this all seems to have originated, there's a similar thread on NeoGAF, with the same results after phone calls. Buy PS3 + 2 games + controller, get $50 gift card.

Knew that was too good to be true. Even so, I'd be hard pressed to find one game I'd want, let alone two.

[quote name='elwood731']Hmm, so Sony is pushing PS3s super hard in their own stores? Giving away the equivalent of $100 in games in their own stores? Rumored $50-100 price cut? All of this mere days before E3? Seems like we might be seeing a price cut/pack-in deal for the PS3 this fall. Maybe Resistance and a $50 price cut? If they did that AND a $100 price cut they might have a surge in sales.[/quote]

Very interesting, but would they pack in an M rated game? Seems like Motorstorm would be a better candidate. Its a first party title right?

Anyways I think this E3 will be full of surprises.

[quote name='TahoeMax']hmm...i'm gonna be at Metreon's Sony store tonight for their Final Fantasy anniversary shindig, so I'll take a looksie at this deal while I'm there[/quote]

Just a heads up for you. I called the metreon store and they stated that they dont have the deal because they arent technically a sony style store, they are just the playstation store. And that it would probably only work at sony style stores that sell ps3s. The sony style store at the metreon doesnt sell ps3 because of the playstation store. LoL.. hope that wasn't confusing.

Also, I just called the Gilroy store and they had no knowledge of this deal. Can anyone confirm this deal at a store near them?

Whoever posted this deal ... You should Update your msg now: You must buy Sony PS3 (60gb) + 2 PS3 games + Extra Controller and you'll get Free $50 Gift Card.

Horribles deal ever.

This "deal" is getting out of control. I called the Menlo Park, NJ Sony Style store - the deal is Console, 2 games (@$60 each), and a controller gets you a $50 gift card. That's it.

I called a SonyStyle near me and the deal is console, 2 games, controller, and you get a $50 gift card all totaling to 825.00 before card!!!! Guess I'll wait a little longer for a better deal.

[quote name='trunks982']someone posted a rumor about PS3 dropping to $400

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142556[/QUOTE]

That would definitely be a rumor. Price won't drop that drastically all at once. Even if they did it within a few months span they'd do multiple cuts instead of dropping it a $200 chunk. The trick is to drop it just enough to get stock moving again. I don't think $50 would change a whole lot but a 33% cut is overly deep.

[quote name='robbart914']That would definitely be a rumor. Price won't drop that drastically all at once. Even if they did it within a few months span they'd do multiple cuts instead of dropping it a $200 chunk. The trick is to drop it just enough to get stock moving again. I don't think $50 would change a whole lot but a 33% cut is overly deep.[/quote]

Ditto.

Too bad for this "deal" . I guess I'll keep on waiting a price-cut and some more PS3 only good games :roll:.

this isnt the worst deal -

http://store.videogamecentral.com/newps3gamerbundle.html

after using cheapvgcgamer 18% off code, its $680.
Not being able to know what games you are getting is pretty crappy though.

I can vouch for the store (regardless of the thread issue and roufuss coupon). I ordered a 360 elite with extra wireless controller, Gears of War, and Saints Row for $530 shipped after the 18% and ive been playing it for a week.

bread's done
Back