Sony PSP 1800 mAh battery - $11 shipped @ Stootsi.com

Just a heads up...the extended life battery is $14 with the extra 30% off now at K-Mart. Supposedly it's still going too.

Here is a stupid question:

Does this battery only work for the 1st generation PSP or does it work for new slim down version?

[quote name='jkam']Just a heads up...the extended life battery is $14 with the extra 30% off now at K-Mart. Supposedly it's still going too.[/quote]

That's if you can find one, none of these at my 2 locals.:evil:

[quote name='Xevious']Here is a stupid question:

Does this battery only work for the 1st generation PSP or does it work for new slim down version?[/QUOTE]

works on both, but on the slim you need the special battery cover.

[quote name='jimijumper']That's if you can find one, none of these at my 2 locals.:evil:[/QUOTE]

You might want to check away from the video games near normal camera batteries and such...that is how I found mine.

[quote name='devildr1ver']works on both, but on the slim you need the special battery cover.[/quote]

Has Sony put out any kind of word whatsoever on those special battery covers? I love how they made it a bulletpoint when the slim released but we still have yet to see a single first party, much less any battery covers that fit the old battery for the slim.

[quote name='jkam']Just a heads up...the extended life battery is $14 with the extra 30% off now at K-Mart. Supposedly it's still going too.[/QUOTE]
I bought one yesterday, mine rang up $14 after the 30% off. hmmmm........

Be careful guys. Many places like eBay and DealExtreme are selling fakes from China for $7 shipped that look EXACTLY like this, logos, packaging and all.

The only way to tell a legit one is that there is a blue center in the recycle logo on the back of the battery on the authentic ones.

I have both here and it is almost impossible to tell unless you look at the back of the battery. The packaging is identical.

What is wrong with the fakes? No eeprom to signal when your battery is going to die and charge levels dont read right either. Plus you have yourself a fake battery.

[quote name='jkam']Just a heads up...the extended life battery is $14 with the extra 30% off now at K-Mart. Supposedly it's still going too.[/quote]

What is the 30% off deal? Sorry I'm a bit new so I'm not fully up-to-date with all the deals. I'm looking for a good battery that can replace my cousin's old one so I can pandora it, and I would rather not pay 40 bucks for a battery.

[quote name='jousley']I got to the end of the checkout and it says technical difficults...try later....did this happen to anyone else?[/quote]

happened to me. Go to the homepage, click your cart, and go through the checkout again. Worked for me and i was only charged once.

[quote name='Nephilim']Be careful guys. Many places like eBay and DealExtreme are selling fakes from China for $7 shipped that look EXACTLY like this, logos, packaging and all.

The only way to tell a legit one is that there is a blue center in the recycle logo on the back of the battery on the authentic ones.

I have both here and it is almost impossible to tell unless you look at the back of the battery. The packaging is identical.

What is wrong with the fakes? No eeprom to signal when your battery is going to die and charge levels dont read right either. Plus you have yourself a fake battery.[/QUOTE]

i have never had trouble w/ stootsi before so idt i will this time either...

Picked up the 2200mAH extended life battery at KMart for $14. They are marked on clearance for $20 but ring up $14. Nice find. Thank for the heads up.

[quote name='michael000']Has Sony put out any kind of word whatsoever on those special battery covers? I love how they made it a bulletpoint when the slim released but we still have yet to see a single first party, much less any battery covers that fit the old battery for the slim.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering about this, too! I was going to jump on the deal, but, w/o a battery cover to make it secure in my PSP-2000, forget it.

[quote name='kidxsoup']I got mine. They are legit, and work as a Pandora.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived last week. I haven't done anything with it yet, but I'm glad to hear it's legit because I bought it specifically for Pandora.

Got mine for 3 bucks from here, it looks used, but for 3 bucks it is okay with me. It is identical to the one that originally came with the first PSPs.

For people that bought this battery (1800 mAh), do any of you have the PSP Slim? I'm trying to figure out how many hours i'll get with the new battery on a full charge. I currently get about 5 hours with my 1200 mAh slim battery...so i'm expecting about 8 hours with the 1800 mAh.

[quote name='Link127']where are the best directions and descriptions for pandora?[/QUOTE]the actual rar file of the pandora battery has directions, but they are not the most detailed and thus potentially user unfriendly

the reason being, it appears you need to do dos-like command prompts to truly format your mem stick which the readme takes for granted.

I am going to be making a pandora once I receive this new batt, and I've read the following two walkthrus:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=107107
http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks...any-psp-using-the-pandora-battery-118799.html

there are also suppose to be like "easy" installers and stuff... but I donno... I'd rather do it myself

I ordered 2 of these and forgot about it until now. I never received them and I just checked my account and there is no record of the order. Anyone else have their orders cancelled?

I will be getting my PSP slim soon - so can you guys confirm that this battery will work as a pandora then? If so this is a sweet deal.

bread's done
Back