Sony PSP Slim 2000 Series $120 at Dell

xycury

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Dell Home has the 2000 Series PSP Slim Unit for $140 - $20 off with coupon code NL34M60C1X3QWB [Exp 6/4] = $120 with free shipping.

LINK

If you use a DPA you can shave off 4%, just go to payments, say you will pay by Credit Card and then it'll show you the offer.

Certain people also have a Employee Purchase Program for 7% savings that they can then stack again.

And for those that are looking for CFW... look elsewhere. This will have the newer MB and firmware and is thus currently unhackable.

Supposedly a coupon that shaves off $50 NL34M60C1X3QWB (untested)

[quote name='xycury']And for those that are looking for CFW... look elsewhere. This will have the newer MB and firmware and is thus currently unhackable.[/QUOTE]

This is no longer true.

Great deal! My 2000 is missing, but I'm thinking of getting a 3000. What to do what to do ...

[quote name='opportunity777']This is no longer true.

Great deal! My 2000 is missing, but I'm thinking of getting a 3000. What to do what to do ...[/QUOTE]

oh?

guess I'm not current on the news, when did that get busted?

[quote name='opportunity777']This is no longer true.

Great deal! My 2000 is missing, but I'm thinking of getting a 3000. What to do what to do ...[/QUOTE]

That's not untrue or true.

The newer 2000's or the last model of them do indeed have an unhackable motherboard. Firmware doesn't matter, but they use the same mothboard as the 3000s, just the 3000s are a bit different otherwise of course. You can use HEN-D and stuff to get emulators, but it's not as feature rich or stable as true CFW.

[quote name='xycury']oh?

guess I'm not current on the news, when did that get busted?[/QUOTE]

At least a month ago. Since the first announcement, releases of new tools have been slowly trickling out.

[quote name='LegolasFett']That's not untrue or true.

The newer 2000's or the last model of them do indeed have an unhackable motherboard. Firmware doesn't matter, but they use the same mothboard as the 3000s, just the 3000s are a bit different otherwise of course. You can use HEN-D and stuff to get emulators, but it's not as feature rich or stable as true CFW.[/QUOTE]

From his post, I believe he was stating CFW is not possible at all. So, I described his statement as being false. If he wants to clear that up, then he can post an addendum or correction.

Did you check the release(s) in the last couple of days? At ths point, a lot of the older slim CFW features are ported over to the new 2000 slim mobos. The 3000 is still not supported at all.

Are you writing about a new motherboard besides TA-088v3 or 90 model? As far as I know, 2000 slim mobos with those models are broken as well. The 3000 model should be the only one with hardly or without any CFW support.

I'm speculating the slim will be discontinued soon. In the coming months, the whole issue will be moot for 2000 slim models.

If there is any incorrect information in my post, then I hope someone clears it up because nobody wants CAGers to buy products with false information.

Last edited by a moderator:
The $50 code DOES work but takes away the $30 discount so you are still at $120 shipped.

Frankly, I am a fan of the FAT model. Better build quality and the faceplate is much nicer. The Slim has better Dpad and lighter but I tried one and it felt cheap and flimsy, especially the UMD door. The screen had a bit more color but not much.

The 3000 may be short lived along with UMD's after E3 and the announcement of the UND-less PSP Go!

I think the UMD is the most fragile piece of crap media ever made. The housing are crap and split easily, the drive is noisy and load times are ridiculous.

The only reason I have one is to play games off the mem stick, cannot stand those UMD's.

also, I don't think you can talk about CFW anymore on CAG.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Full Metal XL']Damn shame that $50 off coupon bumps the original price back up to $169...:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I feel stuck on whether to get this or not. I am hoping to get one at sub-$100 near the end of the year, but maybe that strategy ends up a mistake.

[quote name='opportunity777']I feel stuck on whether to get this or not. I am hoping to get one at sub-$100 near the end of the year, but maybe that strategy ends up a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, totally understand that thought. I'm so close to going for it...the idea of playing Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 on the go is too much to resist much longer, and $120 for a new slim is pretty good considering I almost bit on $95 for a used one. :twisted:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Yeah, totally understand that thought. I'm so close to going for it...the idea of playing Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 on the go is too much to resist much longer, and $120 for a new slim is pretty good considering I almost bit on $95 for a used one. :twisted:[/QUOTE]

How could you play Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 on a PSP?

[quote name='Nephilim']How could you play Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 on a PSP?[/QUOTE]

Soul Calibur - based off of the SCIV engine

Tekken 6

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Yeah, totally understand that thought. I'm so close to going for it...the idea of playing Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 on the go is too much to resist much longer, and $120 for a new slim is pretty good considering I almost bit on $95 for a used one. :twisted:[/QUOTE]

At this point, I'm tempted to flip a coin.

[quote name='Nephilim']How could you play Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 on a PSP?[/QUOTE]

I was surprised as well, but both games were announced. The Soul Calibur 4 (comes with the added title Broken Destiny) game not only comes with everything the 360 and PS3 versions had, but also has a new mode plus a new character. I also read that the Tekken 6 PSP version was going to have even more features than the other two versions, but I'm pretty skeptical on that one. :roll:

EDIT: Opps...what they said with links. They beat me to it.

OK, unless someone can tell me where to get a new FAT 2000 for the same or cheaper, I think I might go for this one. The only reason I want a FAT model is because I agree with Nephilim, the Slims do feel a tad bit fragile when compared to the FATs...so, anyone? Anyone? :whistle2:?

There is a crazy amount of PSP games coming out this year. Lots of RPG's (lots of remakes but some new ones mixed in) plus big name titles like Rock Band Unplugged, Motorstorm, Assassins Creed, and Motorstorm, plus the afore-mentioned Tekken and SC ports, and it really does look like a quality software lineup for the PSP for the first-time since maybe its launch.

I did the Amazon deal a month back and although I wish I would have gotten Resistance instead of The Show as my free game (The Show has lots of bugs this year) if I hadn't of done that deal I would have done this one.

If you're looking for a memory stick, you can find 4GB official Sony ones for $20 online, or you can get 4GB Sandisk ones for $20 at your local Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']OK, unless someone can tell me where to get a new FAT 2000 for the same or cheaper, I think I might go for this one. The only reason I want a FAT model is because I agree with Nephilim, the Slims do feel a tad bit fragile when compared to the FATs...so, anyone? Anyone? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there is no FAT 2000. :whistle2:(

Proper TV-Out on the FAT would have been awesome.

Very tempting, but just today I was thinking that I expect the UMD-less revision coming out to be about $130 for the 8gb model and $170 for the 16gb model. I'll wait 'til next week. I've waited this long.

Wow thanks for the coupon code. I would have settled on 139.99 but saving another 20 is good too. I'll have to pick one up monday night. I work tomorrow and can't get a deposit in in time to the bank.

[quote name='Nephilim']The 3000 may be short lived along with UMD's after E3 and the announcement of the UND-less PSP Go!

I think the UMD is the most fragile piece of crap media ever made. The housing are crap and split easily, the drive is noisy and load times are ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I would rather stick with a physical disc/game (umd) than some stupid rental monthly rental service. Even if half the games went the Patapon 2 route and went digital distro that would still be better than a Steam or Gametap model. Steam is nice and I deal deal with it on the pc. But a rental type service for games that should be physical in the first place just pisses me off. I love having a real game collection.

[quote name='iRent']I But a rental type service for games that should be physical in the first place just pisses me off. I love having a real game collection.[/QUOTE]

I've always been this way, too. But, for some reason, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of digital download for a portable system, at least. What I do like about the 2000's and 3000's is that they CAN do 100% digital download w/ memory sticks. So, it's like the best of both worlds.

I'm still waiting til E3 to see if there are any other deal-breaking features that I need to have.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I've always been this way, too. But, for some reason, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of digital download for a portable system, at least. What I do like about the 2000's and 3000's is that they CAN do 100% digital download w/ memory sticks. So, it's like the best of both worlds.

I'm still waiting til E3 to see if there are any other deal-breaking features that I need to have.[/QUOTE]

For me to have any chance of fully accepting digital distro they would need to stop charging full price for those damn memory cards. 1st party accessories are stupid. If they were smart they would have just used a micro sd or better yet a regular sd card.

If I were a company like sony or microsoft I would just sell the unit and let storage be somehting that already exists. For example, their should be a core PS3 model because most people upgrade to a bigger hd anyway. that would cut prices significantly. Only thing Microsoft has going for them is Live + good games. the system itself is craptastic with all the first party accessories a poor person could shake a stick at. (coming from a 360 owner)

I doubt you'll see anything like dual analog on the psp go. Thats a deal breaker for 3000's and below. New games would still need to be compatible for the old PSPs or they would just destory their user base.

As for me, with the impending doom of umd discs, I'm trying to snatch up as many good PSP games as possible.

[quote name='jedimario']How do these compare to the PSP Go? Like if I got one of these would I miss out on that many features?[/QUOTE]

Wait for E3, it's in two days though I don't know when the Sony conference is. No putting in looking before you leap.

[quote name='iRent']For me to have any chance of fully accepting digital distro they would need to stop charging full price for those damn memory cards. 1st party accessories are stupid. If they were smart they would have just used a micro sd or better yet a regular sd card.
[/QUOTE]

Third parties do make Memory Sticks. After all, SanDisk cards are better than Sony ones. Plus you can actually get some great deals on sticks if you look around. Once you get an 8 or 16 gig, you probably won't need another one for a long while.

Looks like info and photos of the PSP Go! are already out there. No dual nubs. The card slot looks to be something new and different. :whistle2:(

At this juncture, unless things changes from now until release date, it has no features to make it worth a purchase.

I'll pass and get a 2000 Slim or 3000. After looking at the pictures, this deal is looking a lot better.

[quote name='eastx']Third parties do make Memory Sticks. After all, SanDisk cards are better than Sony ones. Plus you can actually get some great deals on sticks if you look around. Once you get an 8 or 16 gig, you probably won't need another one for a long while.[/QUOTE]

They are still more expensive that sd/microsd. I know Lexar makes them too. I already bought a 4gb sandisk pro duo last week.

Put in my order earlier. Can't wait to get a 2000. I must say though that the go looks good.

[quote name='opportunity777']Looks like info and photos of the PSP Go! are already out there. No dual nubs. The card slot looks to be something new and different. :whistle2:(

At this juncture, unless things changes from now until release date, it has no features to make it worth a purchase.

I'll pass and get a 2000 Slim or 3000. After looking at the pictures, this deal is looking a lot better.[/QUOTE]

Agreed entirely. Seeing that video only heightened my interest in an upgrade from my fat PSP (1001) to maybe a 2000 or 3000. Definitely not getting a Go.

Here's to hoping that they drop prices on the 3000.

[quote name='bigmac8855601']Did the price go up already?[/QUOTE]

Never mind, was at regular price for a while this morning but coupon no longer works for me.

I was waiting for the GO, but after reading about it, I am passing.....I just bought a God of War Edition PSP today (2000 Slim, Can be Modded CFW) so Im happy, and was like new condition for $80

[quote name='Poor2More']I was waiting for the GO, but after reading about it, I am passing.....I just bought a God of War Edition PSP today (2000 Slim, Can be Modded CFW) so Im happy, and was like new condition for $80[/QUOTE]

Craigslist?

There's still a brand new GoW PSP 2000 bundle at my local target. For some reason it's tempting to me, even though I dislike the red color and want a 3000.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']There's still a brand new GoW PSP 2000 bundle at my local target. For some reason it's tempting to me, even though I dislike the red color and want a 3000.[/QUOTE]

Install a third party faceplate/housing? IDK if you want to take that risk though.

[quote name='bassec']Craigslist?[/QUOTE] Yep correct, I also bought the PSP for one game....Crimson Gem Saga, this is some old school RPG fun

bread's done
Back