Sony PULSE Elite Wireless Stereo Headset for PlayStation 3 and 4 (Manufacturer Refurbished) $59.99 + Free Shipping

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Sony PULSE Elite Wireless Stereo Headset for PlayStation 3 and 4 (Manufacturer Refurbished) $59.99 + Free Shipping

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-sony-pulse-elite-wireless-stereo-headset-for-playstation-3-and-4

I own a pair of these and they work quite well.  The plug and play ability of the dongle makes this great for switching between my consoles around the house with no wires or other hassle.  There is also a 3.5mm jack to use one things like the Xbox One, Vita, or iPhone.

The bass rumble feature is worthless in my opinion, but some may like it.  Some complain of them being too tight fitting, but they don't bother my rather large head.  My biggest complaint on these is that the chat feedback to hear your own voice (called sidetone) is pretty low, but a lot of people don't seem to care about that or don't chat.  Hearing others during chat is perfectly fine, just your own voice sounds muffled.

Overall a nice deal for those looking at these, however, the new Wireless Gold headsets can be had for not a whole lot more at places like Newegg, Amazon, and Best Buy, so you may want to consider those as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for these over the Gold Wireless Headset, but I'll take those for now.

Rumble really not worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for these over the Gold Wireless Headset, but I'll take those for now.

Rumble really not worth it?
The rumble makes the bass feel muddy and muffled. I appreciate good base, but it doesn't feel right. I'm sure others might feel differently, but I do see a lot of reviews mirroring my feelings. The sound (including bass) is excellent without the rumble, so it's not a deal breaker by any means, just an unnecessary addition in my opinion.

Alright, thanks man. I can probably sell the Golds if they don't sound good for the same price and get these.
I've owned both. They sound more or less the same when bass boost and impact are off. Wouldn't be surprised if it's actually the same driver, since the difference in cups could account for the slight change in sound.

The pulse is heavier and, IMO, less comfortable. As notes above, it's got some upside. Line in on the USB stick so it'll work with a lot of TV's, extra presets, and the impact feature (although I hated the rumble and always left it off, some people really like it).

Golds are lighter and more comfortable. They also have better sidetone. They can only have one preset OR bass boost, instead of the Pulse's six adjustable sound modes.

Thanks. Don't normally buy refurbished but was going to buy a DAC Amp so I could use headphones on my TV so this is great alternative.

Guys, stay away from the pulse elites. There's a good reason why they're refurbished, the way the hinges are, will not last longer than a year. Mine snapped after daily use, and there are many of other people who have had the same problem.

Guys, stay away from the pulse elites. There's a good reason why they're refurbished, the way the hinges are, will not last longer than a year. Mine snapped after daily use, and there are many of other people who have had the same problem.
I 2nd this. I have literally baby'd my pulse elite and now use black tape to hold things together. Also crapload of similar cases have been reported having the exact same issue. Sony of course claims that this is not a common issue and have repeatedly refused to honor their own warranty. Buy with caution!!!

I bought a Sony PS3 Pulse Wireless Headset for $50 on Groupon a couple months ago. It's essentially the little brother to the Pulse Elite. So far, it's worked very nicely. It's a shoddy design (shoddy in image, but it holds up well and the mic is retractable/extendable, but works whether extended or not), has very nicely cushioned pieces for the ears and top of the head, the USB wireless connection is PC and PS3/4 compatible (as of recent firmware updates), and sounds great even for entry surround sound. The only flaw or two is the refurb's don't have the USB cables to charge them, but you can use any USB A-to-B cable to charge, and they only work off of the wireless dongle (ergo you can't plug them in and use them).

bread's done
Back