Sony Reaching Out to ‘Top 1%’ for ‘PlayStation MVPs’ Program

highoffcoffee496

CAGiversary!
Anyone get invited to this? I'm really interested to find out what happens if someone gets accepted.

4.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03...-mvps-program?abthid=5142aa526256eaba0700002d

yourgamercards.net tracks 1.26 million profiles. theoretically, so long as your worldwide rank is around 12,600 or under, you should be in.

Unless this is somehow different from the MVP program on the PS forums, it's quite old and not worth getting excited about.

[quote name='8bitArtist']yourgamercards.net tracks 1.26 million profiles. theoretically, so long as your worldwide rank is around 12,600 or under, you should be in.[/QUOTE]

Yea 1% here, now where's my money and bitches ! Lol. So what its just a survey ?

Is this like the Playstation Underground thing they had? I was in that and a member of the Gamers Advisory Panel. Other than some demo discs and the rare piece of swag, I don't remember much benefit.

[quote name='8bitArtist']yourgamercards.net tracks 1.26 million profiles. theoretically, so long as your worldwide rank is around 12,600 or under, you should be in.[/QUOTE]

You do realize they are going to probably go by the their own gamer card system and not your gamer/psnprofiles...etc which doesn't siphon out people like those sites do. However with people game sharing that creates a lot of accounts with 0% too. Most likely it will be like one of the clubs mentioned before where they look at sign up date and such.

[quote name='bjstucker']You do realize they are going to probably go by the their own gamer card system and not your gamer/psnprofiles...etc which doesn't siphon out people like those sites do. However with people game sharing that creates a lot of accounts with 0% too. Most likely it will be like one of the clubs mentioned before where they look at sign up date and such.[/QUOTE]

oh of course they wouldnt use a 3rd party site to do it. just throwing some random numbers out there. i dont post on the official ps3 forums, so i doubt id be selected as one of the "top 1%"

[quote name='8bitArtist']oh of course they wouldnt use a 3rd party site to do it. just throwing some random numbers out there. i dont post on the official ps3 forums, so i doubt id be selected as one of the "top 1%"[/QUOTE]

I think you have a chance hell I have been selected for a couple of these weird things including a few random Beta's. Like it has been said we will probably just get some crappy XXXXXXXXXXXXXXL shirt that says PS Elite and an avatar of Kratos.

[quote name='KrebStar']Unless this is somehow different from the MVP program on the PS forums, it's quite old and not worth getting excited about.[/QUOTE]

My exact thoughts.

You sure it's not just a scam? I'm interested to see what the "application" looks like.

Why do they need my social security number and a major credit card?

[quote name='Killagamer']Pretty sure everybody that got 10 bucks free are MVP[/QUOTE]

I got the $10 promo and I didn't get an invite so you are incorrect.

Nothing here either. If it is based on the PSN message boards, then that would explain me not getting it. If it were just trophy level, I would think that I would. However, nobody knows how many hackers there are that are removed from those, or how many people never bothered adding their profiles to those sites that might be at a higher level.

I have not played a ton of different games though. I just tend to finish most of the ones I start. So that could be part of it as well for me.

bread's done
Back