Sony Reveals New Playstation Store (Launch 10/23)

It's always awesome when they make a UI more cumbersome than it was before. Why copy the feature-minimalist XBL dashboard? Did the current/old setup have TOO MANY functions displayed at once? Was it TOO EASY to figure out how to use it?

Sweet christ, enough with the fucking dumbed down touchscreen/tablet era BIG BUBBLE BUTTONS style UI's. Who is this update made for? People with PS Move controllers or something? Motion controls? I mean, at least with XBL you can use the Kinect with the UI....I guess....I don't actually know for certain or care honestly, as it was a stupid fucking move when MS changed the dashboard as well.

Looks like shit, and yeah, I'm pissed.

There had better be legacy UI options available...

Are they going to have better prices or ones that don't leave you with a penny in your account? Or stop charging me double tax to buy a card and buy an item online?

Better prices on PS1 games?

Then I don't care.

[quote name='vherub']Would like to be able to browse, check account and purchase through a website similar to xbox.[/QUOTE]

Same, during some of the best holiday sales I am out of town and can't access my ps3.

Looks nice...I would've preferred the PS Store layout to be kept the same if it meant more organization/sorting/search features for the Download List, so hopefully Sony can provide not just the revamped store now but also some new download history management stuff in the near future, too.

No wishlist or gifting options yet also kinda baffles me (there are only recommendations).

bread's done
Back