Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but there is a new trailer to watch via the site for Carrie.  You know the drill--50 for watching and then 200 for sharing via Facebook.

Usually my reward points tranfer from my Sony Card around the 15th to 20th - nothing this month, but my Cap One rewards activity shows it did transfer. Anyone else having a similar problem this month?

*I sent an email to their customer service too...just asking here as well.

I have about 1,800 points and am hoping to use them towards a gift card that I can give to a family member that is a heavy Playstation gamer.  All I see in the Sony Store is Sony cards and I don't think I can use them on the Playstation and on the Rewards site the SEN cards - which I believe can be used on the Playstation - are locked unless I have a Sony credit card (looks like almost all gift cards require having a Sony credit card).  Am I missing an option to get a gift card to use on a Playstation?

Thanks in advance!

Usually my reward points tranfer from my Sony Card around the 15th to 20th - nothing this month, but my Cap One rewards activity shows it did transfer. Anyone else having a similar problem this month?

*I sent an email to their customer service too...just asking here as well.
Mine posted on the 27th, two days after my statement was prepared, which is usual for my account.

sony has added; after earth, breaking bad: season 5 and this is the end.

missing code: not confirmed yet

evil dead (dvd) VBB8QNQR

sony has added; after earth, breaking bad: season 5 and this is the end.

missing code: not confirmed yet

evil dead (dvd) VBB8QNQR
The Evil Dead code had been provided a few posts up in early August. Unfortunately the first post has not been updated with the code though. Thanks for the head's up on the other missing codes though. I think we can assume there is DVD and Blu ray for each.

So are you saying that now Sony DVDs/Blurays don't come with codes that can be used an unlimited number of times (like before)?
Yes. You use the UV code (which is a unique code in every DVD case) to register the disc on Sony Rewards. I mean, I guess if someone could share one of their UV codes after they've redeemed them we could try to see if they can still be redeemed or if they are in fact one time use only now.

I have already tried, codes are a 1 time use now.  If yo try to add on sonyrewards.com, it will say this title has been already registered.

This rewards program gets more and more useless every time I log in. I can't buy PSN or SEN gift cards any more because I've "reached the maximum amount" or whatever (I've definitely done less than $100 for the year). I'm cancelling my Playstation credit card first chance I get after the PS4 comes out (used my card for the store pick-up preorder at best buy, so I have to keep it until then).

This rewards program gets more and more useless every time I log in. I can't buy PSN or SEN gift cards any more because I've "reached the maximum amount" or whatever (I've definitely done less than $100 for the year). I'm cancelling my Playstation credit card first chance I get after the PS4 comes out (used my card for the store pick-up preorder at best buy, so I have to keep it until then).
I can't buy any more $10 cards (I think I've bought 3 over the last 2 years) but hopefully I can buy a $20. I have about 900 points and should be able to redeem two more movie codes tomorrow, then I'll have every single code redeemed. So I'm hoping to get a $20 code for about $10 out of pocket. Then I'll be done forever with the program, though I probably won't cancel my card until later.

I can't buy any more $10 cards (I think I've bought 3 over the last 2 years) but hopefully I can buy a $20. I have about 900 points and should be able to redeem two more movie codes tomorrow, then I'll have every single code redeemed. So I'm hoping to get a $20 code for about $10 out of pocket. Then I'll be done forever with the program, though I probably won't cancel my card until later.
Well I've only ever bought $10 cards ($20 once) and I'm not able to buy any denomination of either kind now, so I expect that if you can't buy $10, you can't do $20 either. Is there any sense in calling customer service to complain? Probably just a waste of time..

And now I just noticed that the online Sony Store has been redesigned, and I can't find any place on there where you can order physical Gift Cards now...only online-email versions at http://store.sony.com/gsi/webstore/WFS/SNYNA-SNYUS-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProduct-Start?SKU=27-VIRTUALGC

When I try to go through checkout ordering one of these, I get an error saying that this item cannot be delivered to my address....anyone else having this issue?  Maybe it's just a fluke in the new system, or maybe Sony's cutting off yet another way we could redeem our SR points :/

Emailed to complain about not being able to buy PSN credit and I got this response:

Thank you for your email.

We have every intention to lift the order limitation on these codes. We apologize for
the delay.

In the meantime, use your Sony Card [PlayStation Card] to load your wallet on PSN and
automatically earn 5X [10X] bonus points for the purchase. You can then submit a purchase
credit to utilize your points towards the charge on your card.

We will also accommodate a 15% discount on the purchase credit at the time we process it.
This means that, as an example, 1, 150 points will be deducted from your account for every
$10 you load to your PSN wallet, and we will apply 150 points back into your account after
the purchase credit is processed.
It's a pain in the ass, but I will probably do this since I have been spending money in the PS Store anyway.

^I got the same email when I complained.  Sounded like a huge pain in the ass to me, and something that could very easily fall through the cracks and you could get screwed anyway.

Emailed to complain about not being able to buy PSN credit and I got this response:

Thank you for your email.

We have every intention to lift the order limitation on these codes. We apologize for
the delay.
I guess it's good to know they're still working on it. I just do not understand how the problem could be taking this long to fix. It has literally been almost a year. It makes me wonder exactly how badly they actually want it resolved. :/

I guess it's good to know they're still working on it. I just do not understand how the problem could be taking this long to fix. It has literally been almost a year. It makes me wonder exactly how badly they actually want it resolved. :/
All of this hassle of not being able to redeem my earned SR points for PSN or SEN codes....points I actually did earn by spending actual money with my PlayStation credit card (not just free points from this thread).....I'm finally given up on using my PlayStation credit card now. At least with my Chase Freedom card I can earn back points that I can use whenever and however I want to, even though I will only earn back 1% compared to the 10% on PSN and 3% on phone bills. Whatevers.

I just checked my Sony Rewards account, and I see that now there are new digital-download items (presumably codes to be used on PSN to get access to digital games), as well as "new" listing for PSN $10 and $20 codes.  I wasn't able to add these PSN-credit codes in the past, as I had reached my maximum allotment, but now I can add these "new" $10 and $20 PSN items to my cart!  So, check them out if you're looking to use your SR points. :)

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/browse/catalog/PlayStation/PlayStation-Digital-Products?viewType=all&sort=newest&d=desc

I just checked my Sony Rewards account, and I see that now there are new digital-download items (presumably codes to be used on PSN to get access to digital games), as well as "new" listing for PSN $10 and $20 codes. I wasn't able to add these PSN-credit codes in the past, as I had reached my maximum allotment, but now I can add these "new" $10 and $20 PSN items to my cart! So, check them out if you're looking to use your SR points. :)

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/browse/catalog/PlayStation/PlayStation-Digital-Products?viewType=all&sort=newest&d=desc
Oh my god, my order for a $10 PSN code just went through! Got the code already, just need to redeem it! Awesome!

Thanks so much for posting man! Had 995 points on my account so the $10 code only cost me a nickel. As far as I know I've got every single movie code redeemed and since it sounds like there won't be any more, I guess I'm done with Sony Rewards for now. I still have my PlayStation card but the only thing I ever use it on is PSN, and I have over $200 credit at BB so I'll have to exhaust that before I ever start buying directly off of PSN again. So glad my last pile of points could go towards something so worthwhile.

Looks like you earn 100 points by linking your Sony Rewards account with your PSN/SEN account.  Was really simple, maybe I'll slowly try to amass points with WoF and other bonus promos still

Looks like you earn 100 points by linking your Sony Rewards account with your PSN/SEN account. Was really simple, maybe I'll slowly try to amass points with WoF and other bonus promos still
Eh, of course I just noticed that after I purchased about $30 worth of PSN stuff an hour ago to get the $10 back on $50 spent promotion..oh well.

Also in addition to the linking PSN/SEN to Sony Rewards accounts, there's a few bonuses you can get right now listed at http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities

100 POINTS
Earn points at PlayStation Store
Link your Sony Rewards and Sony Entertainment Network (PSN) accounts to earn at least point per dollar spent at PlayStation Store. Link by 11/12 & get 100 Bonus points.

5X POINTS
PlayStation Store bonus offer
Earn 5 points per $1 spent on your first PlayStation Store purchase after linking your PSN account to Sony Rewards. Offer ends 11/30/13.

250 POINTS
PlayStation Plus membership offer
Earn 250 points when you link your account and purchase a 1 year PlayStation®Plus membership on PlayStation Store. Offer ends 11/30/13.

So linking the accounts gives you "at least" 1 point per dollar, which is equal to 1% back on PSN purchases then. Combined with the PlayStation CapitalOne card, I guess I can earn back 11% on everything now.....eh, maybe I will continue to use my PlayStation credit card after all...especially since now there are "new" PSN codes on Sony Rewards that I am eligible to redeem for now.

so i go to login to sonyrewards.com today, as I've done several times this week, and i get a "user authentication" page stating:

You’re accessing Sony Rewards from a computer we do not recognize. When we don't recognize the computer you're using, it may be because:

• You're using a new computer or one you haven't used before.
  • You switched to a new browser or changed your browser settings.
  • You deleted your cookies.
For your protection we will need to confirm your identity before you can access your account.
and they ask for the last four of my social, which is f@@ked because this site is vaguely tied to my visa CC and even Capital One wouldn't blatantly ask for the last four of my social, let alone a rewards site that doesn't require a CC to use. I haven't cleared my cookies and I've never seen this page before in whatever 5 years I've had it, so this seems sketch city to me. Anyone else ever gotten this page??

so i go to login to sonyrewards.com today, as I've done several times this week, and i get a "user authentication" page stating:

and they ask for the last four of my social, which is f@@ked because this site is vaguely tied to my visa CC and even Capital One wouldn't blatantly ask for the last four of my social, let alone a rewards site that doesn't require a CC to use. I haven't cleared my cookies and I've never seen this page before in whatever 5 years I've had it, so this seems sketch city to me. Anyone else ever gotten this page??
Yes but they didn't ask me that question. Try logging in again and see if they give you a new question.

Sweet! Wish I would have seen this thread before I funded my PSN wallet again yesterday, but it's all good. Looks like they also added several digital games in the rewards section. They are overpriced/MSRP, but it's nice to see them make some sort of effort. With cards back in stock and additional points on PSN purchases, this program might not be dead to me after all.

Yes, I got the exact same thing, for the very first time ever, last night. I just gave them the last 4 of my social because I wanted my $10 PSN credit haha.

It asked me what my favorite movie is.

If you link your PSN account to sony rewards, you get 100 points. You get 5x on your first PSN purchase after linking and you also get 250 bonus points if you buy a 12 month PS+ subscription.

I also had to enter the last 4 digits of my SS last night as well.  I linked my PSN and SR accounts together, and purchased another $50 of stuff on PSN, some hopefully I'll get $20 back for spending $100 on PSN before the end of yesterday.  I also haven't received any SR points for those purchases yet, but I'd guess those points might not update until once a week or so.

Apparently, if you have their credit card, it will ask you your SSN.  Otherwise, I think it will ask a different question.  I tried putting in a fake number just in case it was some scam for some reason, but it would lock me out after 3 tries.  So on the third try, I put in my real one and it went through as normal.

Linked Sony Rewards with PSN account yesterday, still no 100 points bonus. Nothing even "pending" or anything to make me think it'll be added at any time.

On reddit someone mentioned they saw somewhere that it said it would take up to 5 days to add to your account, so take that for what you will.

Wow I can't even do anything when I log in cause it say this

User Authentication
You’re accessing Sony Rewards from a computer we do not recognize. When we don't recognize the computer you're using, it may be because:

For your protection we will need to confirm your identity before you can access your account.

I don't remember what I put as my favorite movie wtf.

Wow I can't even do anything when I log in cause it say this

User Authentication

I don't remember what I put as my favorite movie wtf.
Try your favorite adult films' titles like Forrest Hump?

Can brick n mortar game purchases be used with this program as well? Since we just got ps4 games, the controller and the camera (and the ps4 tonight) it sure would be nice to add those like we can do with Nintendo purchases.

Can brick n mortar game purchases be used with this program as well? Since we just got ps4 games, the controller and the camera (and the ps4 tonight) it sure would be nice to add those like we can do with Nintendo purchases.
Only if purchased with a Sony/Playstation card from an authorized retailer.

Do Playstation 3/4/Vita game software purchase count for the additional points? I thought that the additional points were only for PSN purchases, Sony hardware and accessories.

Does Sony Rewards ever offer catalog deals around Black Friday?  I'm close to enough points for a Vita and don't want to pay for the extra points if I don't have to. I guess I'm not going to even pay the sale price for a Vita so this is the only way I will get one.

I am also seeing the $10 PSN code as out of stock.  I got four of them for Christmas gifts a couple weeks ago so glad I was able to jump when I did.

Soooo I have entered 12 movie codes within the past 5 days. What's up with that. 3 have been from recent UV codes, and the others are ones posted in the OP, if that matters any.

Soooo I have entered 12 movie codes within the past 5 days. What's up with that. 3 have been from recent UV codes, and the others are ones posted in the OP, if that matters any.
Well that's interesting.....maybe SR removed the 10/month restriction now?

bread's done
Back