Sony store 32gb vita memory card $79.99 free shipping

Persona 4 and 32gb for $120 + tax - $25 cash back. Not terrible if you want both of these.

Comes out to $105 for me.

I refuse to buy one of these until they come down to sensible levels. I'll just keep buying physical copies and swapping out the PS+ games on my 4GB card that came with the bundle.

Anyone know if they sell $20 PSN network cards online or in the Sony store?

Also FYI, you don't need a $20 filler. AMEX only cares if the total charge is $100 so if you buy something for $92 and tax brings it over $100, you're good.

[quote name='Killbomb']I refuse to buy one of these until they come down to sensible levels. I'll just keep buying physical copies and swapping out the PS+ games on my 4GB card that came with the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. If Sony had any intention of not ripping off the people that buy the Vita they wouldn't have created this stupid proprietary memory in the first place.

i'm not paying over $50 for the 32gb card........... they WILL drop eventually. Even if it's because the Vita gets put on it's death bed. :(

[quote name='Blaster man']Good luck with that. If Sony had any intention of not ripping off the people that buy the Vita they wouldn't have created this stupid proprietary memory in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Sony did not do what they did to rip off consumers, they did it so the Vita would survive in the marketplace.

Two separate things happening here...

#1: They switched to proprietary memory cards to prevent piracy on the Vita. Piracy was rampant on the PSP. The proprietary cards plus the proprietary file system of the Vita keeps the pirates at bay for the foreseeable future at least, so that devs/publishers can make some money and are not scared away.

#2: All Vita Games are available as digital downloads, which doesn't make any profits for retailers. In order to persuade retailers to carry the Vita and Games, etc, the memory cards have from a 40% to 50% markup which is profit for the retailers. They make money when people buy physical games, and they make some money when people buy cards to put downloads on.

[quote name='steveliv']Sony did not do what they did to rip off consumers, they did it so the Vita would survive in the marketplace.

#1: They switched to proprietary memory cards to prevent piracy on the Vita. Piracy was rampant on the PSP. The proprietary cards plus the proprietary file system of the Vita keeps the pirates at bay for the foreseeable future at least, so that devs/publishers can make some money and are not scared away.

#2: All Vita Games are available as digital downloads, which doesn't make any profits for retailers. In order to persuade retailers to carry the Vita and Games, etc, the memory cards have from a 40% to 50% markup which is profit for the retailers. They make money when people buy physical games, and they make some money when people buy cards to put downloads on.[/QUOTE]
sounds all good on their part but in the end it might be a major component why the Vita will fail to meet their expectations. I'm sure they will spin what those expectations were.

Tbh memory Price is not the problem its the lack of good games but seriously . I dont think memory price is a really BIG issue to vita's success or failure

[quote name='Nekopanchi2012']i'm not paying over $50 for the 32gb card........... they WILL drop eventually. Even if it's because the Vita gets put on it's death bed. :([/QUOTE]

The prices will not drop that drastically due to the fact that the majority of the markup goes to the retailer not Sony. Any discounts will occur on a retailer by retailer basis, since the price drops reduce the profit they make.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Tbh memory Price is not the problem its the lack of good games but seriously . I dont think memory price is a really BIG issue to vita's success or failure[/QUOTE]

It's unbelievable how people whine about Vita memory card prices. I view the higher prices as a way for Sony to make a little profit (when they make very little on the Vita itself), and a way to stop rampant piracy, which really hurt the PSP. I have a 16gb card in my Vita, with 52 games on it, a mix of all types of games (full Vita, digital-only Vita, full PSP, minis, and PS Mobile). I have no complaints, because the Vita is a GREAT little handheld with many fantastic games.

Holy crap, I was going to get this with my $15 of rewards points to make it go down to Amazon Warehouse like prices, but it added around $8.50 tax. Killed it for me.

How exactly do you go about syncing your AMEX. I did it for the halo/xbox deal, but not sure about this.

[quote name='chimpmeister']It's unbelievable how people whine about Vita memory card prices. I view the higher prices as a way for Sony to make a little profit (when they make very little on the Vita itself), and a way to stop rampant piracy, which really hurt the PSP. I have a 16gb card in my Vita, with 52 games on it, a mix of all types of games (full Vita, digital-only Vita, full PSP, minis, and PS Mobile). I have no complaints, because the Vita is a GREAT little handheld with many fantastic games.[/QUOTE]

I paid $80 for the 32GB and immediately regretted it. But I think overtime I'll be happy with not having to switch cards or worry about memory for a while. I like how Amazon raised the price to $90, probably because of all the Vitas they sold on BF week

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Tbh memory Price is not the problem its the lack of good games but seriously . I dont think memory price is a really BIG issue to vita's success or failure[/QUOTE]

to someone with only a mild interest in the vita, the high memory card investment cost will be a turn off

I paid 80 for my 32gig and I don't regret it at all. I have over 15 games on my Vita and it only came out in February. The guy crying that it's lacking games needs to look around a bit because there are a lot of great games out already and a lot more coming. My last DS I only had 5 games I wanted to play within the 2 years I had it.

[quote name='Lei']to someone with only a mild interest in the vita, the high memory card investment cost will be a turn off[/QUOTE]

meh i still think its the games but thats my opinion. i didn't mind the memory card prices when it first came out. Just waiting for more badass games and more gaming companys to support the vita.

Still $40 too much.

[quote name='Lei']to someone with only a mild interest in the vita, the high memory card investment cost will be a turn off[/QUOTE]

Precisely.

Too bad someone has been running rampant in that company.

[quote name='chimpmeister']It's unbelievable how people whine about Vita memory card prices. I view the higher prices as a way for Sony to make a little profit (when they make very little on the Vita itself), and a way to stop rampant piracy, which really hurt the PSP. I have a 16gb card in my Vita, with 52 games on it, a mix of all types of games (full Vita, digital-only Vita, full PSP, minis, and PS Mobile). I have no complaints, because the Vita is a GREAT little handheld with many fantastic games.[/QUOTE]

Can we stop defending the high prices with piracy talk. The PSP AND Vita are both hacked. None of the dozens of exploits were ever based on the memory card. They did it completely to charge high prices and get major profits from the format. I do agree that part of the high prices are to help retails make a profit from selling the system, but these are the same retailers that also sell SD card for the 3DS and promote that system on sales and in ADs far more often then the Vita.

$80 is a fair price for the memory if I was not to compare it to the competition, and the current retail for a 32GB is $100. So 20% off and free shipping isn't bad.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']meh i still think its the games but thats my opinion. i didn't mind the memory card prices when it first came out. Just waiting for more badass games and more gaming companys to support the vita.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock Vita, Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star Online, Tales of Innocence R, Tearaway, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank FFA which I played last night and was a lot of fun, and Killzone Mercenary (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472361 for a lot more games). What more support do you need?

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Bioshock Vita, Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star Online, Tales of Innocence R, Tearaway, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank FFA which I played last night and was a lot of fun, and Killzone Mercenary (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472361 for a lot more games). What more support do you need?[/QUOTE]

How did you play Ratchet FFA on Vita? I know the PS3 version is out.

The cards cost 6-7 times as much as they should. Six..or seven. times. as. much. I'm a new Vita owner thanks to the AC bundle, and i'm really enjoying the system. The quality wow'ed me the first time i used it. Then i bought a game off PSN, and it's not even in English, but that was my fault.

The card prices can't be justified though. Not when you can get a 16gb sd card for a little over $10, and a 32gb one for a little over $20.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Bioshock Vita, Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star Online, Tales of Innocence R, Tearaway, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank FFA which I played last night and was a lot of fun, and Killzone Mercenary (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472361 for a lot more games). What more support do you need?[/QUOTE]

No sir im happy with those but ... Most of them aren't out yet and the vita need games NOW not a year after launch /:

While I do agree that the prices are high, I don't think you have to have a 32gb in order to play games. It does make it more easier to start playing a game, but I've never been out and played all 7 games I have DL on my Vita. I would assume the majority of Vita owners also own a PS3 and could save the games on the PS3 and transfer 1-2 games on their Vita at a time. Saying that, Sony wants the system to be a portable PS3 (don't think it will ever be that) yet price their MC so high that the majority of people won't buy the bigger MC. There is a difference between making a profit and price gouging.

Last edited by a moderator:
All arguments aside, I'm in the wait it out camp. I have a 16gb for my PSP and it was a great choice, and I have no doubt that a 32 or 16 would be great for my new vita, but for that price I can switch out my games for awhile to come. :(

Edit: I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't pick up a 32gb for 60-ish from amazon warehouse, if I could ever catch one. :)

I just wanted to let those know, but it isn't just the 32GB card on sale, all the cards are on sale the OP only linked to the 32gb card. Just search for "Vita Memory".

I bought a 32 GB and was able to price match Amazon's price of $76ish at Best Buy last week. I don't regret it one bit. the upcoming free games from my Playstation Plus membership will pay off.

[quote name='unforeseen']Is the Amex sync offer still valid? I do not see the offer through the facebook app.[/QUOTE]

i was able to add it to my card this morning. i did have to hit the "show more offers" button at the bottom, and then the sony offer was the last one listed. i bought the 32gb card and the vita cradle. the total with taxes was $107 and i got the amex sync thank you email shortly after placing the order.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']How did you play Ratchet FFA on Vita? I know the PS3 version is out.[/QUOTE] I didn't play it on the Vita, I played the PS3 version but the Vita version is going to be identical.

I actually held on to my 4gig from Feb-November and was able to play New Little King's Story (DL), Gravity Rush (card), Super Stardust (DL), Uncharted (card), Escape Plan (DL), Disgaea 3 (card), Dungeon Hunter (card), and Motorstorm RC (DL). I had to delete Super Stardust at some point for LKS but everything else fit just fine.

For anyone on the fence for the Vita they should really try Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention (I had already beaten 3 on the PS3) as that game alone gave me over 80 hours of enjoyment and now I'm hooked to PS All Stars.

Got the 32gb months ago for $80 (PM'd Amazon to BB). I know it seems pricey when we compare it to how much HDD's are and even SSD's but I just pretended it was 2004 and memory prices were really expensive still and it made me feel better, plus thats the year the Patriots and Red Sox both won their respective titles.

But really though, bitching about the price isnt bringing it down, so if you have a Vita either suck it up and buy it (cause it really is the best memory option for the Vita) or quit compaining about how much it costs and get used to switching out memory cards. Shoot, If people care that much I have a 8gb and a 4gb memory cards I'll sell together for $22 shipped, then you can have 12gb, but gotta swap out the cards (which last time i did fucked up my app bubbles which threw me off)

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I want it soooooooooooooo bad but will not pay more than $60 :([/QUOTE]

I picked up a 16gb Vita memory card for $30 from TRU online using their current bogoho sale.....Bought Far Cry 3 for $60 and the memory card was half off
Still a rip, but I am sure I will need this once I start downloading stuff to my Vita

If you have a sony rewards card you can use your points. I bought the 8gb on the Sony Rewards site for 3000 pts like a dumbass not knowing this, but they refunded me the point difference so it didn't matter.

[quote name='steveliv']Sony did not do what they did to rip off consumers, they did it so the Vita would survive in the marketplace.

#2: All Vita Games are available as digital downloads, which doesn't make any profits for retailers. In order to persuade retailers to carry the Vita and Games, etc, the memory cards have from a 40% to 50% markup which is profit for the retailers. They make money when people buy physical games, and they make some money when people buy cards to put downloads on.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to laugh my ass off when PSV is the first to have hacked games running off it's own memory cards before the 3DS get's pirated on.

and then i'm going to buy a PS Vita after it's inevitable price drop as a dead system dragging a company to it's grave. Either way I win and I get to see Sony shooting itself in the foot with a even larger caliber bullet then with the PSP.

Since I just ordered the AC3 Liberation bundle, I got in on this. I syched my amex and got the 32 gb and the 8 gb combined for just over 100...take away the 25 dollars for synching , and I got the 32 and 8 g cars combined for a little over 80 dollars.

Considering I'll need memory for PSN Allstars, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, and more right off the bat, I knew I'd need a lot of memory.

I think all of us here can pay for this... It's just that most of us won't let ourselves get ripped off by sony lol.:)

[quote name='rbanez']I think all of us here can pay for this... It's just that most of us won't let ourselves get ripped off by sony lol.:)[/QUOTE]

Lol ripped .

[quote name='rbanez']I think all of us here can pay for this... It's just that most of us won't let ourselves get ripped off by sony AGAIN lol.:)[/QUOTE]
I know I can't be the only one who's felt ripped off by them before. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me half a dozen times shame on me...

[quote name='TooPoor']Waiting for a high-quality knock offs from the Chinese market.[/QUOTE]

They must be having a hard time because the Vita has been out for nearly a year and usually, they are pretty quick with these things.

[quote name='callmewoof']Amazon just unmatched back to 90.xx :p[/QUOTE]

Wow that was fast, glad I got in on it, I had been contemplating buying from sony all day, atleast I saved tax.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']They must be having a hard time because the Vita has been out for nearly a year and usually, they are pretty quick with these things.[/QUOTE]
I have been asking some suppliers on this, and they don't have much incentives like they did with the PSP. The PSP gained popularity very fast in asian countries, hence the influx of cheap memory cards (of different price ranges/qualities), accessories etc. Nowadays most their effort are dedicated to iPhone cases and accessories.

bread's done
Back