Sony Style Store Closing YMMV

Earendil_aod

CAGiversary!
I didn't see anything about this on the forums already, but you may want to check your local mall for Sony Style stores closing. The Washington Square Mall (Tigard-Portland, OR) one was going out in a flash and had some of the most ridiculous deals I have ever seen. Some notables included:

25% off PS hardware (all PS3, VITA, etc)
50% off games and accessories
80% off movies and music

I snagged three VITA games (Blazblue, Rayman origins, Katamari) and a 16GB card for $82 total. The memory cards were of particular note since they never go on sale.

They had Skyrim, KoA: Reckoning, Downpour, MG Solid HD Collection, FF 13-2, J&D HD Collection, SSX, SotC/ICO all 50% off MSRP.

Also some clearance games such as SSFIV AE $10, Alice $7.50, Rayman Origins $15, and much more.

Wierd thing was that people didn't seem to know about it. I only found out from the local manager at Gamestop.

Happy Hunting! :D

[quote name='Earendil_aod']I didn't see anything about this on the forums already, but you may want to check your local mall for Sony Style stores closing. The Washington Square Mall (Tigard-Portland, OR) one was going out in a flash and had some of the most ridiculous deals I have ever seen. Some notables included:

25% off PS hardware (all PS3, VITA, etc)
50% off games and accessories
80% off movies and music

I snagged three VITA games (Blazblue, Rayman origins, Katamari) and a 16GB card for $82 total. The memory cards were of particular note since they never go on sale.

They had Skyrim, KoA: Reckoning, Downpour, MG Solid HD Collection, FF 13-2, J&D HD Collection, SSX, SotC/ICO all 50% off MSRP.

Also some clearance games such as SSFIV AE $10, Alice $7.50, Rayman Origins $15, and much more.

Wierd thing was that people didn't seem to know about it. I only found out from the local manager at Gamestop.

Happy Hunting! :D[/QUOTE]

Is there anything left at the Washington Square store? I can be there first thing in the morning if there is.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Is there anything left at the Washington Square store? I can be there first thing in the morning if there is.[/QUOTE]

I was there at 3pm, so all the

[quote name='Earendil_aod']I didn't see anything about this on the forums already, but you may want to check your local mall for Sony Style stores closing...
Happy Hunting! :D[/QUOTE]

thx OP! any word about the SSS outlets? guess they'd be next?

[quote name='kouleefoh']gonna call the 2 stores around my area to see if theyre closing.[/QUOTE]

any chance of posting what you find out (for those of us who don't have priuses, LOL)? TIA.

[quote name='bojay1997']This might just be a single location closing. I can't find any others closing anywhere.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't even find any info about the Washington store closing, it's still listed on their website as open. Best thing to do is call.

[quote name='ivana89']

any chance of posting what you find out (for those of us who don't have priuses, LOL)? TIA.[/QUOTE]
For sure, I'm in north california so there'll be 2 stores (Santa Clara and palo alto).

[quote name='cRodz']So are all of them closing?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Sony is going all out :cool::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:
...No, my local stores are still alive and well last time I was at the Mall

Oh man, this store is right next to my house, I'm swinging by tomorrow and definitely picking up some games. Please don't hoard them all! I'm at work until 2 haha

I will be there first thing tomorrow morning to get lots of games. If I can get any, that is.

If I do, weekend made - no, spring break made. :D

[quote name='kouleefoh']gonna call the 2 stores around my area to see if theyre closing.[/QUOTE]

"Hi, you guys closing?"
"No, we are open."
"Well you should."

[quote name='TooPoor']I am not aware of any SoCal locations closing, wish there's some way to check[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's an awkward question to ask on the phone. :)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I have yet to see a Sony store...must live in the wrong area.[/QUOTE]

Nor have I. They have a Sony outlet store here but that's it. And whatever money could be saved there is likely negated by the time it takes fighting the mobs and crowds at that place just to park.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I have yet to see a Sony store...must live in the wrong area.[/QUOTE]

Same here, The closet one according to their website is 425 miles from me and I don't have a prius lol.

[quote name='TooPoor']I am not aware of any SoCal locations closing, wish there's some way to check[/QUOTE]

Wanna call the south coast plaza one? :D

[quote name='sninh']Wanna call the south coast plaza one? :D[/QUOTE]Just call them and ask if there's a sale on any gaming products, if you don't want to feel awkward.

[quote name='sninh']Wanna call the south coast plaza one? :D[/QUOTE]
I don't think that one is closing, I have been there approximately a month ago and they are doing good. Like someone said, I could call and just ask them. And like someone else said, they don't know me over the phone and it's not awkward. But I'm still a CAG newbie, I still feel awkward doing these kind of stuff. Maybe when I'm with you guys a few more years I will be able to do it.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Why feel awkward? They don't see or know who you are over the phone.[/QUOTE]

Orlando store is not closing.

Some terrific deals there.

I was in the Aventura, FL store last week, no indication that they would be closing any time soon. Not sure about the other SFL stores (Boca Raton, outlet in the Dolphin Mall).

Standing in line now for the store to open, the PS games/accessories are only 30% off the ticketed price... Now if the stuff cheaper overall, don't know yet...

Are the stores already closed now? I tried calling the one in New York City and no one even picked up. Google says the New York store is closing, though, dunno it they meant this one.

I called south coast plaza vita cards are full retail no sales they are not closing. Associate told me topanga canyon was closing so I called there The employee said they are closing but no sales at the moment.

[quote name='nbskid']Called Washington Square, guy said they aren't selling Vitas. Hmm. Odd. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
employees probably want to buy them

Okay well apparently the NYC store isn't doing any sales. Not sure if they're closing or no since their customer service sucks (typical of NYC). I called four times, first time no one even picked up, second time the guy apparently couldn't even hear me over all the background noise and third time the girl who picked up just hung up and left after I asked about sales after telling me to "hold on."

[quote name='akir']employees probably want to buy them[/QUOTE]

Washington Square store in Tigard?

do I need to make an hour drive out there?

[quote name='eldergamer']Washington Square store in Tigard?

do I need to make an hour drive out there?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Washington Square in Tigard is closing, but the guy said they aren't selling Vitas. Seems fishy to me, but maybe Sony said they couldn't, since maybe it would diminish the item, since it's so new, or something. I have no idea. I'm still going out there later. Guy said there were 50 people in the store at 10 am and only four employees (odd for a closing, eh?) and I don't NEED anything there, and figure all the good stuff will already be gone by resellers (except maybe TVS and the like).

[quote name='OregonDealz']So who's been to washington square today? Anything left or should I just stay here on the couch?[/QUOTE]

Lmao. Some of you are so trusting. You don't ever know who's out to lie so they can grab whatever they can and leave crumbs.

"Good things come to those who wait...but, only what's left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln

[quote name='nbskid']Yes, Washington Square in Tigard is closing, but the guy said they aren't selling Vitas. Seems fishy to me, but maybe Sony said they couldn't, since maybe it would diminish the item, since it's so new, or something. I have no idea. I'm still going out there later. Guy said there were 50 people in the store at 10 am and only four employees (odd for a closing, eh?) and I don't NEED anything there, and figure all the good stuff will already be gone by resellers (except maybe TVS and the like).[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised. When I was there yesterday, I overheard one of the employees saying he had "about 100 games in the back" for himself, so I don't doubt there is some employee hoarding going on.

Also, the only memory cards they had were 4 and 16GB. However, unless they changed it, the software is 50% off and hardware is 25% off. A lot of the employees didn't know the exact discount. In fact, the second time I went thru the line, the old guy tried to tell me that the games were 25% off. I had to correct him as I had already bought BB Vita for half off.

The Gamestop employees had already been in there for TIVs for their personal use and some hoarding of their own, not that I blame them.

Just called Santa Clara store, not closing but they say there are a clearance bin in the front of the store for PS3 games 50% off. Girl said that there are some "popular games not just unwanted games" lol. That's not enough for me to make a 30 min drive. Not closing
Called Stanford Palo Alto store, definitely not closing, they just re-opened after renovation. Clearance games starting at $15.99, so doesn't sound very promising. No sale on the vita or vita games.
And that concludes my report. =)

Im in the midtown Sony store and these are some notible prices that i see

Red faction armageddon 14.99
Warhammer 14.99
Rayman origins 19.99
The Darkness 2 limited edition 29.99
Duke nukem forever 9.99
King of fighters 13 (with soundtrack) 29.99 i might get this
Turd calibur 5 29.99
Super street fighter 4 arcade edition 19.99
Tekken hybrid 29.99
WWE 12 29.99
Cartoon network punch time explosion 19.99
Record of agarest war zero 19.99
Dragon age 2 9.99
El shaddai 14.99
Alice the madness returns 14.99
Assassins creed revelations 14.99

Psp
Secret agent clank 4.99
Kingdom hearts bbs 9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Im in the midtown Sony store and these are some notible prices that i see

160 gig ps3 249.99[/QUOTE]
What? lol

bread's done
Back