Sony Style Store Closing YMMV

Earendil_aod

CAGiversary!
I didn't see anything about this on the forums already, but you may want to check your local mall for Sony Style stores closing. The Washington Square Mall (Tigard-Portland, OR) one was going out in a flash and had some of the most ridiculous deals I have ever seen. Some notables included:

25% off PS hardware (all PS3, VITA, etc)
50% off games and accessories
80% off movies and music

I snagged three VITA games (Blazblue, Rayman origins, Katamari) and a 16GB card for $82 total. The memory cards were of particular note since they never go on sale.

They had Skyrim, KoA: Reckoning, Downpour, MG Solid HD Collection, FF 13-2, J&D HD Collection, SSX, SotC/ICO all 50% off MSRP.

Also some clearance games such as SSFIV AE $10, Alice $7.50, Rayman Origins $15, and much more.

Wierd thing was that people didn't seem to know about it. I only found out from the local manager at Gamestop.

Happy Hunting! :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im in the midtown Sony store and these are some notible prices that i see

Red faction armageddon 14.99
Warhammer 14.99
Rayman origins 19.99
The Darkness 2 limited edition 29.99
Duke nukem forever 9.99
King of fighters 13 (with soundtrack) 29.99 i might get this
Turd calibur 5 29.99
Super street fighter 4 arcade edition 19.99
Tekken hybrid 29.99
WWE 12 29.99
Cartoon network punch time explosion 19.99
Record of agarest war zero 19.99
Dragon age 2 9.99
El shaddai 14.99
Alice the madness returns 14.99
Assassins creed revelations 14.99

Psp
Secret agent clank 4.99
Kingdom hearts bbs 9.99[/QUOTE]
are these just clearance or that store is closing?

[quote name='kouleefoh']are these just clearance or that store is closing?[/QUOTE]

Clearance. I picked up alice while i was there. 14.99 for a new copy was my price point :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Clearance. I picked up alice while i was there. 14.99 for a new copy was my price point :)[/QUOTE]
makes me wanna go, I think this is the kind of clearance that girl was talking about. "Popular games".:lol:

[quote name='kouleefoh']makes me wanna go, I think this is the kind of clearance that girl was talking about. "Popular games".:lol:[/QUOTE]

i live next to valley fair so ill check it out and let u know if i see anything..just hope the ex that works a few stores down doesn't see me. -enters stealth mode.-

[quote name='technicalstylez']i live next to valley fair so ill check it out and let u know if i see anything.[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Thank you!

Washington Square Oregon: Just left the store, no controllers left... Had other accessories for ps3/psp/vita there. Blu-ray is basically down to the garbage/concert ones. Had a pretty good amount of ps3/vita games left but going fast. Didn't see FF XIi-2 but had Uncharted 3 still. No 32 vita cards, only 8gb and 16gb.

[quote name='Segaboy350']Washington Square Oregon: Just left the store, no controllers left... Had other accessories for ps3/psp/vita there. Blu-ray is basically down to the garbage/concert ones. Had a pretty good amount of ps3/vita games left but going fast. Didn't see FF XIi-2 but had Uncharted 3 still. No 32 vita cards, only 8gb and 16gb.[/QUOTE]
how much are 16gb vita cards?

Also just left the washington sq store. Bunch of games left at soso prices. Medal of honor PS3 about 6 bucks, ace combat assault for 10. But still enough left to be worth checking out.

[quote name='akir']how much are 16gb vita cards?[/QUOTE]
16GB VITA Cards are $42 after the 30% discount.

Apparently they reduced the percentage on stuff because it was selling too quickly.

Playstation Games and Accessories: 30% off
Movies: 80% off
Sony accessories: 40% off

There were tons of Vita games and accessories when I left at 11:00 this morning, and a lot of PSP and PS3 games.

jesusfuck i literally walked right by the sony storefront at washington square while i was doing my delivery route yesterday. all i want is to get a cheap copy of final fantasy 13-2 for my girlfriend (yes, i have a girlfriend. she likes to play final fantasy). if anyone in the area got one, please pm me.
i suspect the store is closing because they are directly across from the apple store, which is always at max capacity.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lmao. Some of you are so trusting. You don't ever know who's out to lie so they can grab whatever they can and leave crumbs.

"Good things come to those who wait...but, only what's left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln[/QUOTE]

Its Oregon man... Its not that big of deal and Im mostly not a debbie downer and think everyone is out to get me.

Yep, checked out the sale too, waste of time. 30% off of games, 40% off of accessories and 80% off bad blu-rays=fail.

[quote name='tribalnoise']jesusfuck i literally walked right by the sony storefront at washington square while i was doing my delivery route yesterday. all i want is to get a cheap copy of final fantasy 13-2 for my girlfriend (yes, i have a girlfriend. she likes to play final fantasy). if anyone in the area got one, please pm me.
i suspect the store is closing because they are directly across from the apple store, which is always at max capacity.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see any copies there and it would have only been 30% off of 60$. I think 13-2 is on sale 40$ at GS.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Awesome! Thank you![/QUOTE]

so i just got back...damn ex caught me and suckered me into having lunch with her.. im so weak...anyways heres what i saw and or picked up:

dark souls 15
darkness 2 30
kane n lynch dog days 5
ace combat assault horizon 15
kof 13 w/4cd soundtrack 30
ass creed bro 15
dragon age 2 10
la noire 15
me2 20
just dance 3 20
other move games 30
ssf2 arcade 20

i didnt really pay much attention to games marked over 20.
there were some psp games but i dont have a psp so i didnt pay much attention.

Just a note- the PS3 clearance sales were going on last week too- there's another thread about that. So Washington Square might be closing, but it might just be that one.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Has anyone bumped into a clearanced Valkyria chronicles bu any chance at a Sony store[/QUOTE]

coulda sworn newegg just had that on sale for 16 bucks or something

Surprised there's that many Oregon folks in here.

Sounds like no games worth going out there for. I wouldnt mind an old model PSP for cheap, though.

[quote name='technicalstylez']coulda sworn newegg just had that on sale for 16 bucks or something[/QUOTE]

Somebody also found it for 9.98 at Toys R Us this past week.

[quote name='nbskid']Yep, checked out the sale too, waste of time. 30% off of games, 40% off of accessories and 80% off bad blu-rays=fail.[/QUOTE]

That is weak! Guess it's true that they cut the discount. Oh well, even at 30% off, the VITA memory cards are still a good deal since they never go on sale.

Wished I would have gone there yesterday and gotten the 50%. Went at opening this morning. Only good deals I found were Alice Madness Returns for $10 and NeverDead for $20.

lucky. never dead was still 30 at my store. if it hits 20 ill get it.

[quote name='shintensei']Wished I would have gone there yesterday and gotten the 50%. Went at opening this morning. Only good deals I found were Alice Madness Returns for $10 and NeverDead for $20.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']lucky. never dead was still 30 at my store. if it hits 20 ill get it.[/QUOTE]
That's a store closing clearance, that's why it's that cheap. But you know what, if any Sony store that's going to close soon, it'd be that one. It's all hiding in the corner, plus it's competing with an apple and microsoft stores.

[quote name='strait edge follower']
Turd calibur 5 29.99[/QUOTE]

Nice! Way to throw in a zinger into your post. Nice! I'll use this joke on other forums. don't worry I'll give you credit though, and link to your post. I mean, I thought of it first, but didn't think to write it down...

Nice...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, surprisingly it was pretty packed when i went back today to return dark souls. i hope they close lol..i want their games. microsoft store is pretty fun, i like that they have multiple consoles set up for us err i mean kids to play.
i spent like 20 min playing simpsons arcade game with some kid today.
now if microsoft store had clearance sales on games....:drool:

[quote name='kouleefoh']That's a store closing clearance, that's why it's that cheap. But you know what, if any Sony store that's going to close soon, it'd be that one. It's all hiding in the corner, plus it's competing with an apple and microsoft stores.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully there will be something left tomorrow @ the Washington Square store for me. Hoping to find one of those copies of Dark Souls for $15.

*crosses fingers*

[quote name='technicalstylez']yeah, surprisingly it was pretty packed when i went back today to return dark souls. i hope they close lol..i want their games. microsoft store is pretty fun, i like that they have multiple consoles set up for us err i mean kids to play.
i spent like 20 min playing simpsons arcade game with some kid today.
now if microsoft store had clearance sales on games....:drool:[/QUOTE]

you returned dark souls??? :whistle2:s:whistle2:s:whistle2:s

[quote name='kouleefoh']That's a store closing clearance, that's why it's that cheap. But you know what, if any Sony store that's going to close soon, it'd be that one. It's all hiding in the corner, plus it's competing with an apple and microsoft stores.[/QUOTE]
Apple store, Microsoft Store, Sony Store... I wish Nintendo had a store besides the one in New York.

[quote name='akir']you returned dark souls??? :whistle2:s:whistle2:s:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

yeah i already have the uk version. i thought the cover arts were different so i got it on a whim, but apparently not, so back it went. i had a lunch date w/ an ex who works a few stores down so i was gonna be at the mall anyways.
white pants :applause:

[quote name='htz']Apple store, Microsoft Store, Sony Store... I wish Nintendo had a store besides the one in New York.[/QUOTE]

There used to be Nintendo World Stores in Chicago and LA too. This was back when they first were the Pokemon Center, which they then converted to NWS (thankfully). I don't know what happened to the other two but I always say a little prayer that they won't close our New York store every time I go there. It always has steady traffic but being in Rockefeller Center stores change over pretty often because of the skyscraping rents there.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i live next to valley fair so ill check it out and let u know if i see anything..just hope the ex that works a few stores down doesn't see me. -enters stealth mode.-[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']so i just got back...damn ex caught me and suckered me into having lunch with her.. im so weak...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']yeah i already have the uk version. i thought the cover arts were different so i got it on a whim, but apparently not, so back it went. i had a lunch date w/ an ex who works a few stores down so i was gonna be at the mall anyways.
white pants :applause:[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:kHmmmm...soooo did you have a pre-arranged date with her at the mall or were you "caught" by her at the mall and hypnotized by her white pants? Pick a story and stick with it! lol j/k

Anyway, you should have let us know you didn't want it. I would have taken that Dark Souls off your hands.

lol actually yesterday is when she caught me at the mall when i went to buy the games and i ended up having lunch with her. was trying to avoid her at that time. it wasn't as bad as i thought it'd be, she asked if i wanted to do lunch again today and i said sure since i was gonna be in the area anyways (bb is across the street). looking back i think maybe the white pants today were on purpose. hmmm. and yeah i returned it for the cags i know in the area that were gonna go there anyways. saves me a trip to the post office.

ps kof xiii is fucking awesome.

[quote name='SKEETER']:whistle2:kHmmmm...soooo did you have a pre-arranged date with her at the mall or were you "caught" by her at the mall and hypnotized by her white pants? Pick a story and stick with it! lol j/k

Anyway, you should have let us know you didn't want it. I would have taken that Dark Souls off your hands.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='htz']Apple store, Microsoft Store, Sony Store... I wish Nintendo had a store besides the one in New York.[/QUOTE]

The trouble is there's not much to show off. Sony's got tvs computers and blu ray players, Microsoft's got ??? and Apple's got computers & ipods. It's really cool to go in to NWS and play 3DS, try out demos, etc but it's not like people are going to make the trek to buy full-priced new games when there are gamestops every 2 blocks. Apple can do it because of their crazy markup and the fact that few other stores reliably demo their products. The concept works in Manhattan because there aren't big box retailers every two miles.

The shop was cool, though, I almost bought overpriced t-shirts and got loads of streetpasses.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Went to the mall today, the Sony Style store @ Washington Square is officially closed. :cry:

No deals for me.[/QUOTE]

Damn, now no more stories about technicalstylez's ex. :)

Sony you need to open a store around Seattle then close it so I can get in on the clearance.

If you're single it's all good to hang out with the ex but if you get involved in another relationship no good can come from hanging out with the ex still. Thats just asking for trouble.

bread's done
Back