Sony Style store NYC may still have PS3's YMMV

phear3d

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
just got back from there.. waited 32 hours in line.. finally got one..

anyways, 400 units were given to those who came first, but there was alot of confusion, etc... after many rumors, some woman came up to us and agreed to give us ALL THAT WAS IN THE LINE PS3's, guaranteed. this was more than 400 units, aparently they've got a few hundred, im guessing about 500 units extra for official launch day, which is friday (not thursday 12am). So if you dont have one yet, you might want to head over there, and see. by far the most units in NYC. im glad i came to this store instead. YMMV

I don't know official units available, but a friend of mine that works at Sony Corporate said the breakdown was as follows, along with info from a friend of mine. He wouldn't tell me official units though.

Sony Store NYC received over 1000+ units of the PS3. 400 Units were available to be sold at Midnight, which are those who got them last night. then remaining stock (600+) was to be allocated as gifts for the CEO. Then whatever is left over from that batch, he was unsure of what would happen. Then a friend told me that they had stock to sell at 7am this morning. but then only if you didn't leave the camping line.

THey actually have a total of 2000 units i didnt have to wait on line for no 32 hours either. I just walked into it last nite enjoyed the party and bought my system and left

I drove right past that line yesterday around 5pm, and there were hundreds of peeps on the line. Im glad everyone got a ps3, it looked like there would be chaos when they opened the doors at midnight.

no they only let 500 in at 900pm last nite for the offical release party. Then sold 500 PS3's to the people who attended the party. THen opened its doors at 7am this morning.

bread's done
Back