THPS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Stumbled across this interesting article:

http://ps3.net/newsboard/view.php?id=616

Sony To Ship 100,000 PS3's Weekly

By Cornelius Wilson on Nov 26, 2006

Sony will be shipping off 100,000 PS3 units each week to all retail stores. There goal is to ship off one million PlayStation 3 units by the end of the year.

Expect to find the consoles in the stores on Friday's. There isn't expected to be more than six PlayStation 3's at each store. Call your local retailers to confirm that they have the PlayStation 3's before making the trip.

One million consoles before the end of the year? Surprising to me...I'm curious to see if this is legit or not. I hope it is true, at launch, I camped out Wednesday afternoon when the console didn't come out until Friday only to get stuck with a 20 gig which I put up on eBay, I'm looking for a 60 gig myself but have been missing the recent new shipments. Whenever I hear of a possible shipment I arrive to the store only to find out they sold out an hour or so before I came there, hopefully this Friday will be my chance to finally get one.

There's PS3s in Los Angeles if you want them.

My question is are there 100,000 people a week that will pony up 5 or 6 hundred for the system. Maybe in a few months, but now until the software starts flowing...

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']There's PS3s in Los Angeles if you want them.

My question is are there 100,000 people a week that will pony up 5 or 6 hundred for the system. Maybe in a few months, but now until the software starts flowing...[/QUOTE]
where in los angeles? i'm looking to pick up a 60gb

Actually sony has always stated 100k a week each week after launch was there target goal. So this is really no news at all to me as i expected 100k a week anyway.

[quote name='SpazX']They barely muster up around 200k for launch and they're supposed to put out 100k a week now?[/quote] exactly:applause:

Well I know all my stores here have already gotten another 1 or even 2 batches from Sony already so its possible. They probably had some initial problems with the manufacturing and have it worked out by now. Either that or their yields for chips have improved.

I'll take it with a grain of salt but its not that hard to believe.

[quote name='renowned']where in los angeles? i'm looking to pick up a 60gb[/QUOTE]

there's a reason he didn't post where. It's because he doesn't know =p

I have Ps3's... in Nigeria

[quote name='Zoglog']there's a reason he didn't post where. It's because he doesn't know =p

I have Ps3's... in Nigeria[/QUOTE]

Best Buy in West Hollywood had some on Tuesday. Off Santa Monica, near Target.

I've seen PS3s at several stores now.. it's weird. Once the value on ebay dropped, it's like EVERYONE stopped caring

[quote name='Scorch']I've seen PS3s at several stores now.. it's weird. Once the value on ebay dropped, it's like EVERYONE stopped caring[/QUOTE]

Then please tell all these people to stop calling me at work asking for it. Actually though I now get more calls each day about availability of the Wii more so than the PS3.

If you believe this than you must also think Sony is included a bridge in NYC with every console purchased.

bread's done
Back