SonyRewards: 4000 Bonus Points for spending 4000 Points

I never got this email. What's the domain of the email address that sent this to you? @sonyentertainmentnetwork?

I hate how a lot of their games are 3.999 points, making you one point short.  And there's no in-stock filler item I'm interested in at all.  That cheap vita game case seems useful, but it's all sold out.

I hate how a lot of their games are 3.999 points, making you one point short. And there's no in-stock filler item I'm interested in at all. That cheap vita game case seems useful, but it's all sold out.
You get charged for tax, too. So it comes out over 4000.

You get charged for tax, too. So it comes out over 4000.
Actually the fine print on the bottom said: "You can redeem for a combination of items that total 4,000 points before any applicable tax/shipping. "

And an additional side note, it also states that "Offer excludes all Gift Cards, Movie Tickets, Music Unlimited Subscriptions, and PlayStation Digital Products." In case someone might have missed that.

I got in on the spend 2000 get 2000 but bought a $20 psn card and didn't get the deal because it doesn't work on gift cards...so yea I ate the bones... :x

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how they choose who gets the offer?  I always see them run these promos quite often, yet I have never received even one before.

I think it's funny that they chose me for it, since I've only got 1,500 points stocked up currently. I don't think I'm going to make it to 4,000 by the end of the month unless there are some promos other than the Robocop one that haven't expired yet.

Actually the fine print on the bottom said: "You can redeem for a combination of items that total 4,000 points before any applicable tax/shipping. "

And an additional side note, it also states that "Offer excludes all Gift Cards, Movie Tickets, Music Unlimited Subscriptions, and PlayStation Digital Products." In case someone might have missed that.
Yeah, they always have excluded psn network items so I don't even need to read the fine print anymore.

Oh, whack.

Stupid question, but does anybody know if this works if you spend MORE than 4000 points? It stands to reason that it would, but the wording in the email if very careful - it specifically states "4000 points" and NOT "4000 or more points". In any case, I just bit the bullet and ordered up another PS4 controller for 5999 points - sure hope I get the matching bonus! LOL

Stupid question, but does anybody know if this works if you spend MORE than 4000 points? It stands to reason that it would, but the wording in the email if very careful - it specifically states "4000 points" and NOT "4000 or more points". In any case, I just bit the bullet and ordered up another PS4 controller for 5999 points - sure hope I get the matching bonus! LOL
Works. I bought a 5999 point game for the 2000 point promo.

i did not get this email... was it targetted?

Anyone who hasnt already can get 250 free points (50 for participating, 200 for posting on facebook -- i just post and make the post visible to myself) for robocop

I had 3850 points saved up. Spent 3000 of them.  And THEN they announce this the next day!  FML!

Does anyone know if it will work if i use the points i have (3200) and buy the remainder to get something over 4000 points? Or does it have to strictly be earned points?

i had the spend 2000 get 2000, so i spent it on a 16 gb memory card that i was gonna buy at the store anyway.  be aware that the promotional points will expire in like 2 months.  my 2000 bonus points expires 3/30

The points expire in April, if I do this I will still have a crap-ton of points left. Does anyone know if I buy something else, after getting the promo, will they use the points that are going to expire first before using my credit card points that never expire?

To answer the question that I had asked (from rewards support) it does allow you to buy points needed to meet the 4000 requirement if you are short with earned points. Which is not bad at all, say you merely have 1 point and pay 60 for a game, you still get the 4000 (40 bucks) back.

The points expire in April, if I do this I will still have a crap-ton of points left. Does anyone know if I buy something else, after getting the promo, will they use the points that are going to expire first before using my credit card points that never expire?
I would think so. I had some points there were scheduled to expire, so I bought something, and then none of my remaining points had an expiration date.

FYI, just read through the FAQ. It states that points are used on a first in/first out basis, which I assume means if you do have points that do not expire anytime soon, you would have to use all of those points before being able to use the newly awarded points that expire in April. Not worth it for those of us that have a large stockpile.

That's weird.  I have a large stockpile of points and I participated in similar promos before.  Everytime I had some expiring points, they would get used up first when I redeemed points for store items.  Maybe someone else can confirm.  I'll also be doing this promo again, so I'll post back afterwards whether the bonus 4,000 points gets used up first upon redemption.

So can someone clear this up for me??

I didn't get the email, but I spend 4000 points or over, in a few days i'll see 4000 points back on my account???

So can someone clear this up for me??

I didn't get the email, but I spend 4000 points or over, in a few days i'll see 4000 points back on my account???
Probably not. It's likely a targeted campaign. But you never know - the only way to know for sure is to wait and see.

Sorry if this thread is dead, but have a question. I received the promo email and ordered battlefield 4 ps4 on Feb 20 and the deal ends on the 28. They didn't finished processing and deducting my points and charged my credit until today. Will I still receive my bonus points? I don't understand why it took so long to process.

Sorry if this thread is dead, but have a question. I received the promo email and ordered battlefield 4 ps4 on Feb 20 and the deal ends on the 28. They didn't finished processing and deducting my points and charged my credit until today. Will I still receive my bonus points? I don't understand why it took so long to process.
Sony should credit your bonus points. They don't normally deduct the points anyways until the item ships (the points, however, are put on hold. They claim the credit should be processed in 7-10 days. I still haven't received the 500 bonus points for signing up for the Music Unlimited trial,

Just as a heads up...I got the 4,000 bonus points for this deal deposited to my account yesterday.  If you didn't, I'd suggest contacting them.  Also, don't forget the points will expire at the end of April, so you need to use them.  I am going to buy some PSN cash/credit.

FYI, just read through the FAQ. It states that points are used on a first in/first out basis, which I assume means if you do have points that do not expire anytime soon, you would have to use all of those points before being able to use the newly awarded points that expire in April. Not worth it for those of us that have a large stockpile.
I just verified today that isn't the case -- I have the Sony card. I earned my 4000 points that expire in April and spent them the other day. After being put on hold before item shipped, they were the first points to be deducted. I have all my remaining point balance left and the earliest points now expire in 2016.

Got a couple of vita games so it was a good deal. Just waiting for the 500 bonus points for signing up for a free trial of Music Unlimited, so I can get a playstation store card.

If you're still waiting for your 500 bonus points for the Music Unlimited trial, then bug the hell out of customer service.  It took three e-mails, but they finally manually credited the 500 points after a month.

bread's done
Back