Sony's Phil Harrison hearts the Wii.

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I found this to be fun and eductional. In a recent interview, ol' Phil Harrison says:
“I think Peter Moore is exactly right. I think Nintendo will be the second system consumers purchase after PlayStation 3.” and

"“I haven’t had a chance to check out the Wii myself, but Nintendo has a great history of innovation and has always done great things for gaming and long may they do so. But as it relates to our strategy they are very much in a different market.”

Little does he (and Moore) know that Iwata and Reggie are just wating for him to come try the Wii so Iwata can go for the knees and Reggie can work the upper-boddy. There is no animosity about their controller and the Wii, but they're pissed about this.

Who is Phil Harrison..?

Edit: "Googled" his name. Still, that question is fitting.

Edit 2: "I think Peter Moore is exactly right. I think Nintendo will be the second system consumers purchase after PlayStation 3." Err... did this guy hear what he wanted to hear? I don't think Moore said that.

[quote name='Brak']Who is Phil Harrison..?

Edit: "Googled" his name. Still, that question is fitting.

Edit 2: "I think Peter Moore is exactly right. I think Nintendo will be the second system consumers purchase after PlayStation 3." Err... did this guy hear what he wanted to hear? I don't think Moore said that.[/QUOTE]

Harrison is Sony's Lesser-Moore.

As for what he said, it sounds...odd, but I'm sure he means that the Wii will be the other console people buy instead of the Xbox360.

Unless, of course, he's just gone insane.

Reality's Fringe;1891978]I found this to be fun and eductional. In a recent [URL="http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=55089 said:
interview[/URL]"]“I think Peter Moore is exactly right. I think Nintendo will be the second system consumers purchase after PlayStation 3, if they hadn't mortgaged their house for a PS3.”[/I] and

"“I haven’t had a chance to rip off the Wii myself, but Nintendo has a great history of innovation and has always done great things for gaming that we can copy. But as it relates to our strategy they are very much in a different market, as there is a lag time between Nintendo coming up with an idea and us ripping it off.”
Fixed.

But seriously I see a lot more people owning the 360/Wii combo than the PS3/Wii combo, at least in the US.

I think the problem is:

Wii+360= About $650-700 for both (less if Wii is $200 and MS pulls a '"kiss our ass Sony" and drops the price by $50 or so when the Ps3 launches.)

Wii+Ps3= About $850-900 give or take what you need to get with it.

That's almost $1000 for some toys. I bought all 3 current gen systems for a total of$280 or so bucks (and I got th GC shortly after launch). Kind words Phil, but I think you missed the point. Maybe when the Ps3 drops in price this will be true.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Did Sony really use the kirby to show off there gyro controller?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes they did.

Wow... Nintendo must be going...

"Damn, I guess Wii didn't really need the lame ass name for free press after all."

Does Nintendo pay these people off?

And yes Sony used a Nintendo copyright charater at E3.

[quote name='David85']Wow... Nintendo must be going...

"Damn, I guess Wii didn't really need the lame ass name for free press after all."

Does Nintendo pay these people off?[/QUOTE]

Nope. They're both jostling for the position of first place by praising the "underdog" and getting in the undecided people's good graces. Moore seemed a bit more genuine (if a lying sack of shit can be genuine) and realistic, but...whatever.

I don't get Sony's argument here, the whole point of what Moore said is the cost would be equal to a PS3 if you bought the other two. If you buy a PS3 and a Wii you spend the money equal to two 360's? Wow, great point.

That's Sony for you! :)

Plus both came out and said to buy a Wii. So let's do some math.

10 people buy a PS3 as their first console.
10 people buy a 360...
5 people buy a Wii...

But because both SOny and MS said to buy a Wii too..

That's 25 for Wii and 10 each for the others. :)

Phil Harrison is full of it. The 360 and Wii will dominate this time around. PS3 is done for.

I finally got to watch G4's E3 coverage today and it was really sickening. They didn't focus on what people wanted to see, they focused on what they wanted people to be excited about. I loved all the fanboyness of all the PS3
"reports" and how great sony is.

I think some girl showed up at the Nintendo booth on camera for 15 seconds and said something about them having a booth and it was white. Then we heard about some EA games.

I saw NO indication from watching G4 that Microsoft was even in the videogame business anymore.

fuck G4. I hope all this telling us what to like bullshit crashes the industry.

[quote name='jer7583']
fuck G4. I hope all this telling us what to like bullshit crashes the industry.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha :)

Hah, I love how he replaced 360 with PS3. I can see Reggie just going "No, PS3 and Xbox 360 will be the systems people buy AFTER the Revolution."

[quote name='jer7583']

I saw NO indication from watching G4 that Microsoft was even in the videogame business anymore.

fuck G4. I hope all this telling us what to like bullshit crashes the industry.[/quote]

They did cover the Xbox 360, on their second day of coverage. I saw some of the first day and the second day and I didn't see anything on the PS3 when I watched, so it just seems they didn't know how to cover all three effectly.

Probably if they stopped half the stupid stuff they did cover like both babes they would be able to cover all three.

[quote name='David85']That's Sony for you! :)

Plus both came out and said to buy a Wii. So let's do some math.

10 people buy a 360...
5 people buy a Wii...

But because both SOny and MS said to buy a Wii too..

That's 25 for Wii and 10 each for the others. :)[/QUOTE]

It's pretty asinine to assume every person is going to buy a second console. People are talking about it as if it's a given that everyone that buys one of the "big two" will also buy a Revolution.

[quote name='KaneRobot']It's pretty asinine to assume every person is going to buy a second console. People are talking about it as if it's a given that everyone that buys one of the "big two" will also buy a Revolution.[/QUOTE]
"People" being Phil Harrison and Peter Moore ;)

How about:

[quote name='Hacked from Davd85']
10 people buy a 360...
5 people buy a Wii...

But because both Sony and MS said to buy a Wii too, half of PS3/360 owners buy a Wii..

That's 15 for Wii and 10 each for the others.
[/quote]
And I swear I'm not intentionally trolling you around this forum. 8-[

[quote name='maddfrog']They did cover the Xbox 360, on their second day of coverage. I saw some of the first day and the second day and I didn't see anything on the PS3 when I watched, so it just seems they didn't know how to cover all three effectly.

Probably if they stopped half the stupid stuff they did cover like both babes they would be able to cover all three.[/QUOTE]

Not cover the booth babes!?!? BLASPHEMY! And Olivia Munn is hawt.

But they did waste a lot of time doing nothing. I was trying to watch it, but it took about 1 hour for them to get to 1 game preview. The rest was moving back and forth between reporters saying absolutely nothing. It felt like they were trying to stretch 15 minutes of real news into 4 hours.

Microsoft is awesome, Nintendo is awesome, and Sony, well you just can go a suck a cock for all I care. I agree with Peter Moore, get a 360 and get a Wii, to have both original aspects of gaming. PS3 just rips off these two (and poorly, at that).

[quote name='jer7583']Phil Harrison is full of it. The 360 and Wii will dominate this time around. PS3 is done for.

I finally got to watch G4's E3 coverage today and it was really sickening. They didn't focus on what people wanted to see, they focused on what they wanted people to be excited about. I loved all the fanboyness of all the PS3
"reports" and how great sony is.

I think some girl showed up at the Nintendo booth on camera for 15 seconds and said something about them having a booth and it was white. Then we heard about some EA games.

fuck G4. I hope all this telling us what to like bullshit crashes the industry.[/QUOTE]

I was flipping channels and I happened to hit G4 on one of the nights and they had an interview with Reggie going on detailing the controllers.

bread's done
Back