Sonystyle.com $150 credit back on $299 purchases

mattfoley7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
They are taking pre orders for the 399 80gb plus free shipping and no interest/payments for 18 months. My bad if this is a re post and if need be lock it up or delete.
Sorry for not including the link but here it is
NEW LINK

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644488778 in the link it specifically says $150 back PLUS no interest/payments for 18 months also they are offering FREE shipping and yes this is some what of an old deal but just an extra $50 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown']I wonder when the 160GB would be added. I know a few people who want a PS3, but keep waiting.[/quote]

That's me. I hope I don't kick myself for passing this up, but honestly, I want Sony to have a pricedrop and put PS2 backward compat. back in. I'll wait til Christmas 2009 (or after) if I gotta.

But then again, once the great games start flowing (it takes a while for the weird stuff I like to start coming out), I may by really wanting a PS3... Disgaea 3! :)

I was looking into this (not the credit but they changed the 18 mos no interest to 24 mos no interest) to get a PS3 but then I realized that they do not offer an extended service plan for the PS3. They do for everything else, does anyone know why that would be?

Thanks!

[quote name='imsopretty08']I was looking into this (not the credit but they changed the 18 mos no interest to 24 mos no interest) to get a PS3 but then I realized that they do not offer an extended service plan for the PS3. They do for everything else, does anyone know why that would be?

Thanks![/quote]

I am going to guess that it might have something to do with both of their PS3 offerings either being out-of-stock or on pre-order. I would e-mail them. I am sure they will work something out so that you can get an extended service plan, especially considering that, as you point out, they have plans for just about everything else.

I called them and they told me that the PS3 does not have an extended plan. I even saw it on the sonystyle site. It says that the PS3 is not eligible for the plan. I ended up going to BB and getting the metal gear bundle with the plan since they also had no interest for 2 years on everything in the store 999 and up. So I got some other stuff I wanted.

Thanks for your response bigdaddybruce44!

[quote name='XskylineX']How fast do they send out your email of approval?[/QUOTE]

I applied today, but no email yet, may be because it's the weekend, IDK, but I'll repost once they contact me either way.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Is this currently the best deal for a PS3?[/quote]

You are basically getting a PS3 for $250 so I would say it's a great deal.

I ordered mine last week and a few days later it said that the 80gb core systems were on backorder. Lucky I jumped on this deal early.

[quote name='retail sucks']I applied today, but no email yet, may be because it's the weekend, IDK, but I'll repost once they contact me either way.[/quote]

Yeah I applied today also but I have yet to get an email.

In for 1. I already have a 60gb with full BC. I also just put a 320gb HD in it for $97.00. Hard drive space for a PS3 is not an issue. It is beyond easy to upgrade it. HD will always get cheaper over time and there is a built in backup feature to migrate you HD over when you do upgrade.

$250.00 plus tax for a Bluray player alone is worth it. :D

I see that everyone here is interested in using this with a PS3 console, do not the games qualify?

I would be interested in this offer only to use it toward games since I am not interested in anything else :cry:

[quote name='mhnajjar']I see that everyone here is interested in using this with a PS3 console, do not the games qualify?

I would be interested in this offer only to use it toward games since I am not interested in anything else :cry:[/quote]

The offer is for one purchase of 299 or more.

I signed up for this on Monday. The website has the units on B.O. so I have to wait for the card to come then get it at South Coast. Anyone know how long for the card to arrive?

[quote name='Mr Hat']I signed up for this on Monday. The website has the units on B.O. so I have to wait for the card to come then get it at South Coast. Anyone know how long for the card to arrive?[/QUOTE]

I was at the south coast store yesterday and they only had 40 gb ps3 units.. you might want to call ahead to make sure they have it..

Does anyone know how sonystyle ships their ps3s? my UPS has a tendency to leave boxes on my doorstep when I'm not home.. hate to have a $400 pkg sitting there in the open with a big sonystyle logo on it..

[quote name='ps99472']Does anyone know how sonystyle ships their ps3s? my UPS has a tendency to leave boxes on my doorstep when I'm not home.. hate to have a $400 pkg sitting there in the open with a big sonystyle logo on it..[/quote]

They shipped mine FedEx. Signature required.

[quote name='ps99472']Does anyone know how sonystyle ships their ps3s? my UPS has a tendency to leave boxes on my doorstep when I'm not home.. hate to have a $400 pkg sitting there in the open with a big sonystyle logo on it..[/quote]

They shipped mine by Fedex also, but no signature required - they just left it on the front porch. But, it was in a plain, brown cardboard box - no logo; however, it was a big, tempting box out there all by its lonesome...

[quote name='ps99472']I was at the south coast store yesterday and they only had 40 gb ps3 units.. you might want to call ahead to make sure they have it..[/quote]
Are they discounting those 40gb units?

I called my local Sony Style store, they were not discounting the 40gb models. Both the 40gb and the 80gb were selling for $399.

signed up for the card. when it comes in i'm goin to the sonystyle store to get my ps3. heck yeah i'll jump on ~$270.00 after the $150 comes in for a Ps3.

was waiting for a deal on the new 65nm ps3, and now's as good a time as any.

Anyone who ordered this while on Back Ordered and have received them know about how long it took for more to come in? There's a Sony Style store somewhat close by, so I'm wondering if I should cancel the order if it turns out they have them once the card comes in.

Applied and got the account numbers on sunday, no e-mail as of today.

[quote name='ps99472']the $150 credit is now only $100!!! should've applied....[/QUOTE]

hmm... i just applied a week ago... will i still get the $150 deal, or just $100?

I'm about two weeks in on this deal. Haven't seen the credit applied yet. I didn't want to wait for the backorder so I went to the Sony Store at South Coast Plaza and picked up an 80 gig. After credit, 250...not too shabby. Let's just hope that credit gets applied soon. Does anyone have an average of how long this took for them to apply?

I picked up a unit using this deal at Sony Style at South Coast Plaza. Anyone know how long before the credit hits your account? It's been about two weeks now.

been waiting for the ps3 to come back in stock, and now it is, the deal has changed.. how convenient on Sony's part..

[quote name='ps99472']been waiting for the ps3 to come back in stock, and now it is, the deal has changed.. how convenient on Sony's part..[/quote]

I you applied for and were approved for the card during the $150 promotional period, you should be able to purchase the PS3 now and still receive the $150 off.

Just checked my balance online and the $150 credit is showing. It has been exactly 7 days since the charge for the PS3 was posted to the account.

How long do you have to use the credit? I applied for the card when it was $150 and I got the card about 2 weeks ago. Card hasn't been activated yet.

I applied on 9/2 and got my PS3 on Thursday. $150 credit hasnt been applied to my account yet.

I'm hoping those that got credit applied in August putting me in a different batch to get the credit later.

HEADS UP!!! LOOKS LIKE ITS BACK!!!

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/base/ on the right hand side it has the banner for $150 bonus

New offer link: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=sr150

SonyCard gives 5% rewards on SonyStyle purchases and you can have that 5% applied as a credit to your card (on the SonyRewards website, under YOUR ACCOUNT there's a PURCHASE CREDIT FORM which will do that) so thats another $20 something cash back (or just check the "Purchase Credit" option on SonyStyle website while processing your order)

You can also get 3%-4% cash back for buying from Sony from cash back websites which isnt bad either (Ebates or Fatwallet)

EDIT: This one might not be tied down to just SonyStyle purchase, but might apply to all authorized retailers (Amazon/BB/CC/etc...) since the terms for the 0% on $299+ shows any authorized retailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting....the SonyStyle.com site still says $100....but Sony Rewards must be different. hmmmm. I have a few people at work who want a PS3.

Hasnt been confirmed yet so we'll have to wait for people to get the cards in the mail and to try it out

I got my card around first of Sep. but I haven't used it yet. Do I have 45 days to use it or my purchase won't qualify for the $150 credit?

Lets say Oct. 4th is the 45th day, and what I am interested in won't be available till the 17th, would I be able to place my pre-order and yet qualify?

It is confusing since I did not get anything about the $150 credit with the card. I just got the card with the usual documents but no mention of any credit back!!!

The terms didnt state a time limit for the bonus, the only thing it mentioned was that if you want 0% APR for 12 months then you have to buy it within 45 days

Ask a CSR about it or just buy it on the 17th and then if it doesnt post 7-10 days later, call them to complain about it and they'll probably manually add it

one more question... the purchase of $299 or more... does it have to be from the sony store? i just got my card, so i'm looking to use it.

[quote name='zenintrude']cool... i got in at the beginning of september at $150 off, so i'm set[/quote]
Just to clarify my 'yes' answer, the old deal does require SonyStyle purchase to get credit (dont want you to assume the 'yes' as any retailer =P)

bread's done
Back