Sora gets a DUI :(

Msia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060817/people_nm/osment_dc

Prosecutors on Thursday charged Oscar-nominated actor
Haley Joel Osment, who famously saw dead people in 1999 hit movie "The Sixth Sense," with drunken driving and marijuana possession.

Osment, 18, faces up to six months in jail if convicted on the charges that arose after a car crash in suburban Los Angeles on July 20.

The actor suffered a broken rib and shoulder injury and was briefly hospitalized.

Prosecutors charged Osment with misdemeanor possession of marijuana while driving and with having a blood alcohol level higher than 0.08 percent, including a special allegation of having a level higher than 0.15 percent, said Deputy District Attorney Ed Green.

A spokeswoman for the actor was not immediately available.

Osment is set to be arraigned on September 19.

The actor shot to fame with his role as a young boy who could see dead people haunting the real world in "Sixth Sense," which raked in $673 million at global box offices.

The role earned Osment an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor and made him a star. But since then, few of his movies have scored well with critics or at box offices.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']:lol: Good.[/quote]

Who will save you from the heartless now? Certainly not that fag Riku. Man we are fucked.

Uh oh could this mean the end of his career is on its way? Pretty soon he'll be in the same ranks as Edward Furlong, Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, Todd Bridges...basically every child actor ever.

Note to HJO: pay a friend to drive you around. Drinking and driving, while popular, is dumb. Especially when you have money.

Ahhh, another child actor going through their issues. They're all a bunch of fucking whiny baby losers. Grow the fuck up.

"Oh no, I have so much money but I have a tortured soul"

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ahhh, another child actor going through their issues. They're all a bunch of fucking whiny baby losers. Grow the fuck up.

"Oh no, I have so much money but I have a tortured soul"[/quote]

I don't hear him whining. He was probably driving down the road with a bottle of Glenlivet Single Malt in his lap, a bag and bowl in the ashtray and throwing hundred dollar bills out the window while laughing "I'm richer than you sad sacks will ever be!"

The only person I hear whining is you.

[quote name='Quillion']I don't hear him whining. He was probably driving down the road with a bottle of Glenlivet Single Malt in his lap, a bag and bowl in the ashtray and throwing hundred dollar bills out the window while laughing "I'm richer than you sad sacks will ever be!"

The only person I hear whining is you.[/QUOTE]

Wow I have nothing against redvsblue but damn that's one of the best shut downs I've seen in a while.

[quote name='Quillion']I don't hear him whining. He was probably driving down the road with a bottle of Glenlivet Single Malt in his lap, a bag and bowl in the ashtray and throwing hundred dollar bills out the window while laughing "I'm richer than you sad sacks will ever be!"

The only person I hear whining is you.[/QUOTE]

Your right, the article doesn't say anything about him whining. Tomorrow though there will be an announcement from his publicist saying that he's entering rehab and that his actions were are cry for help, blah blah blah. Happens every time with every celebrity that's nailed for drunk driving, especially the younger ones.

I like the way you hint at the idea that drunk driving is ok if you're rich though.

Let's not all stone the guy yet.....This may be a one time offense. There is still a chance he doesn't turn out like that kid from Eight is Enough (Adam what's his face)....

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ahhh, another child actor going through their issues. They're all a bunch of fucking whiny baby losers. Grow the fuck up.

"Oh no, I have so much money but I have a tortured soul"[/QUOTE]

*in whiney voice* but money will never fix that fact that my parents didn't love me.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']I am kinda surprised that he was driving a saturn.[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows Saturn's are real pussy wagons.

The only person I hear whining is you.[/quote]
Maybe, but this makes me think it was Boone's Farm and one dollar bills:

[quote name='"cnn.com"']Osment, who was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as a boy who could see dead people in "The Sixth Sense," was driving a 1995 Saturn about 1 a.m. when the car hit a brick pillar and flipped, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Greg Sisneros.[/quote]

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I like the way you hint at the idea that drunk driving is ok if you're rich though.[/quote]

Everything is OK if you're rich, and not just celebrity rich - all types of rich.

Welcome to modern America.

[quote name='kaw']Maybe, but this makes me think it was Boone's Farm and one dollar bills:[/QUOTE]

He probably keeps the 95 Saturn around for those days when he is really fucked up and wants to just to flip some cars.

[quote name='gregthomas77']He probably keeps the 95 Saturn around for those days when he is really fucked up and wants to just to flip some cars.[/quote]

Yeah, looks like he went for some massive damage too

[quote name='camoor']Everything is OK if you're rich, and not just celebrity rich - all types of rich.

Welcome to modern America.[/QUOTE]
Its really too bad that there's almost no way to argue that point.

I wonder what ever happened with that Paris Hilton driveoff?

You know other movie of his I actually liked? Pay It Forward.

The only movie to make me cry, ever. Ever. And I'm the guy who laughs at Old Yeller.

bread's done
Back