Sorting Music?

gamefreak

CAGiversary!
Looking for a creative way to organise and sort my electronic music. At the moment I have very broad genre folders (partially because I don't much like digging through millions of folders to find one song) with the result being that the Beatles, The Clash, and CCR are all in my "Classic Music" folder.

HELP! I NEED SOMEBODY! HELP! NOT JUST ANYBODY!

Here's what I do:

I have one main "Music" folder.
- If i have 5 or more songs for an artist, they get their own folder.
- In that folder, I sort by album, then all the extras go into the main folder. Usually I don't throw stuff into the album folder unless I have the whole album.
- Everything else goes into the main Music folder.

This may not work for you if you have tons of songs, but hopefully it'll give you an idea.

Well, after I broke 1000 in mp3's a few years ago, I decided to sort my music by genre then artist. Hasn't failed me yet. Along with that, Winamp has the best libaray organization in my opinion (jump feature is a life saver) I can find a song in a mater of seconds in a sea of mp3's (iTunes, Foobar also do a good job).

654684.jpg

I need to look into Winamps. Normally I manually open whatever song I want instead of doing it through Winamp or a playlist or anything.

Or if you want to waste a lot of time, you can do what John Cusack did in High Fidelity and sort it autobiographically.

bread's done
Back