Soul Calibur 2 and Tony Hawk 4 $19 New (GCN)

fable2323

CAG Veteran
I just read on nintendojo that both games are recieving the players choice treatment. Hope this is true cuz I need to grab Soul Cal 2.

Aren't some PC still $30 sometimes. Or did it say $19?EDIT:Never mind I just went through the link.

I already knew about Soul Calibur II being a player's choice and I'm pretty sure it's a $30 title, regardless of what Nintendojo is reporting. THPS4 has been a PC title forever and they are calling it "news", if that tells you anything about the site.

[quote name='dracula']all of the players choice should be $19.95, not $30, $30 is too much money[/quote]

30 is a joke especially with the ugly packaging

I also hate how Nintendo has some Player's Choice games at $30. Sony and Microsoft have their reduced price games at $20 but Nintendo somehow feels that they can charge $10 more and get away with it (and unfortunately they do get away with it because games like SSBM and Mario Sunshine sell well even at $30).

I don't think Soul Calibur was a Players Choice before now. I got an official list from Nintendo that listed the 45 games that were Players Choices as of 4/29 and Soul Calibur wasn't listed. Of course, Tony Hawk 4 has been a PC for forever.

Bull_ship, you call Nintendo's Players Choice packaging ugly? It's barely even noticeable from the front. I highly prefer it to Microsofts platinum box and Sony's super ugly-ass redy curvy thing. Blech.

[quote name='equest943']Bull_ship, you call Nintendo's Players Choice packaging ugly? It's barely even noticeable from the front. I highly prefer it to Microsofts platinum box and Sony's super ugly-ass redy curvy thing. Blech.[/quote]

Nothing could be uglier than the PSX GH banner, in all of it's toxic green glory.

[quote name='dracula']all of the players choice should be $19.95, not $30, $30 is too much money[/quote]

Too much for you to pay or too much for them to charge?

Are you suggesting they'd make more at $20? If so, you're probably wrong. There are Nintendo employees whose job (in part) is to come up with these numbers, and they know far more about the biz than you ever will. For all we know it could be a decision not to dilute the brand, so to speak, or something completely unguessable.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='dracula']all of the players choice should be $19.95, not $30, $30 is too much money[/quote]

Are you suggesting they'd make more at $20? If so, you're probably wrong. There are Nintendo employees whose job (in part) is to come up with these numbers, and they know far more about the biz than you ever will. For all we know it could be a decision not to dilute the brand, so to speak, or something completely unguessable.[/quote]

I think his point is that, if Nintendo wanted to compete, they would make a flat $20 rate for their big sellers, just like Sony and Microsoft have. I agree that $30 is too much for what is supposed to be bargain priced product.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='eldad9'][quote name='dracula']all of the players choice should be $19.95, not $30, $30 is too much money[/quote]

Are you suggesting they'd make more at $20? If so, you're probably wrong. There are Nintendo employees whose job (in part) is to come up with these numbers, and they know far more about the biz than you ever will. For all we know it could be a decision not to dilute the brand, so to speak, or something completely unguessable.[/quote]

I think his point is that, if Nintendo wanted to compete, they would make a flat $20 rate for their big sellers, just like Sony and Microsoft have. I agree that $30 is too much for what is supposed to be bargain priced product.[/quote]

quite ingenius in my opion, i bought Mario Kart DD, Sunshine, Animal Crossing, Wario World all for $50. i'd be glad to pay $30 for those titles, xept wario. but i try my best not to.. cause those ugly yellow stripes jus wreck my collection.. course not as bad as the xbox platinum hits... lol.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Some of EA's GH games were $30 at some point, mainly Agent Under Fire and Lord of the Rings: Two Towers.[/quote]

While these had met the requirements to be put under the GH or PH line by the time they dropped to $30, they weren't on GH or PH when they dropped to $30. EA decided to keep them at that price a little longer. Not until it is priced $20 or less should it be considered GH or PH, which both of these titles are now.

I refuse to buy Players Choice because of that ugly yellow on it. Makes the entire shelf of games look like crap. Id honestly rather miss out on a game than put that crap on my shelf. Im still waiting to find an original SSBM because I cant get myself to purchase a Players Choice version.

I might buy another SC2 though if its 20 before they phase in the new boxes. My son has scratched the hell out of the one I got now (though it still works....for now). If it is really going to be 20 everywhere (15 at BB with the GGC) that is an insanely good deal.

Its too bad that gamers today care more about whats on the outside of the box then whats on the disc. Hello...McFly....its about the games content not the f---ing box. Sheesh

Its too bad that gamers today care more about whats on the outside of the box then whats on the disc.

Actually its more like "I dont agree with what Nintendo did with the game cases so Im not going to support them doing so". Rather than bitching and moaning about how ugly it is or how dumb something is I speak with my wallet. Sure its minor, but I think bright yellow is a stupid decision and I dont support stupid ideas. Its the same as Im not going to buy the next Nintendo console if they dont start focusing on online content rather than connectivity. If it doesnt appeal to me, it wont get my money and support, period. I refused to buy an indigo cube because itd have ruined my entire entertainment setup.

Would you buy and wear clothes you totally dispise if its a few dollars cheaper and just as comfortable as something you really like?

They could very easily just provide a bright yellow sticker for retailers to put on the game display box (or put it outside the plastic wrap of the game before it ships) that says "PLAYERS CHOICE 19.99". Or they culd change to a bright yellow sealer rather than the standard DVD kind on the top of all games. Itd still be very noticable, yet it wouldnt make my entire living room look like crap because after I open it its gone.

Anyways, these are great deals (though I tend to not believe nintendojo). Thanks for the post. Getting too OT now, partially my fault, sorry.

I may have to pick up SC 2 now with the GGC.
I think that instead of yellow stickers, Nintendo should use golden stickers on their PC games.

You're concerned about a yellow sticker but not that your son scratched the game disc?

Whatever makes you happy....if you think a yellow sticker ruins everything then you have every right not to buy it....just remember that it's a shelf with video games on it, not a display at the Museum of Modern Art. I know a lot of people prefer the original release (as do I) but I don't know how many people "despise" the Player's Choice/Greatest Hits enough to miss out on a great game and a good price. To each their own....

[quote name='Ribkage']
Its too bad that gamers today care more about whats on the outside of the box then whats on the disc.

Actually its more like "I dont agree with what Nintendo did with the game cases so Im not going to support them doing so". Rather than bitching and moaning about how ugly it is or how dumb something is I speak with my wallet. Sure its minor, but I think bright yellow is a stupid decision and I dont support stupid ideas. Its the same as Im not going to buy the next Nintendo console if they dont start focusing on online content rather than connectivity. If it doesnt appeal to me, it wont get my money and support, period. I refused to buy an indigo cube because itd have ruined my entire entertainment setup.

Would you buy and wear clothes you totally dispise if its a few dollars cheaper and just as comfortable as something you really like?

They could very easily just provide a bright yellow sticker for retailers to put on the game display box (or put it outside the plastic wrap of the game before it ships) that says "PLAYERS CHOICE 19.99". Or they culd change to a bright yellow sealer rather than the standard DVD kind on the top of all games. Itd still be very noticable, yet it wouldnt make my entire living room look like crap because after I open it its gone.

Anyways, these are great deals (though I tend to not believe nintendojo). Thanks for the post. Getting too OT now, partially my fault, sorry.[/quote]

You're concerned about a yellow sticker but not that your son scratched the game disc?

I dont even see the analogy your making here. When did I say I didnt care he scratched it. Hes 3, thats part of life, he tried to put Mario Golf in and take SC2 out of the cube, both games got scratched a little, but work fine. I dont get your point.

not a display at the Museum of Modern Art

What your missing is, it IS a display at my home.

bread's done
Back