Soul Calibur 3 demo... anyone else try it?

Jaket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (99%)
holy shit!

I am in love with this game! Kilik is back and just as good as before, and the fighting engine is fast as hell.

I can't wait for this game to come out... one of the few upcomming games that will get a $50 purchase out of me

Big suprise, almost every game gets $50 out of you :p SC3 will be the same ol same ol and will be on the clearance rack in no time.

[quote name='Scorch']Big suprise, almost every game gets $50 out of you :p SC3 will be the same ol same ol and will be on the clearance rack in no time.[/QUOTE]

yargg!

but this one is special

The hype kinda died down over the past few months...

I got the demo 2day... the game didn't any better than my xbox version of part 2...

If there is xbox version ever release... I'll be all over it...

I played the demo and thought it was ok, but I'll wait until I can get it for less then $20.
I don't like fighting games very much. Soul Caliber 2 is the only traditional fighting game I own (I also have the Godzilla games, War of the Monsters, and the Super Smash Brothers games). I bought it because Link was in it, and I do like it, but not so much that I'll pay more then $20 for the sequel.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I played the demo and thought it was ok, but I'll wait until I can get it for less then $20.
I don't like fighting games very much. Soul Caliber 2 is the only traditional fighting game I own (I also have the Godzilla games, War of the Monsters, and the Super Smash Brothers games). I bought it because Link was in it, and I do like it, but not so much that I'll pay more then $20 for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

sad sad sad... you are part of a large group of people who did the same thing for the same reasons... Really, this game is going to blow the top of all good fighting games.

I'm not buying it until its $10-$20...Now had tehy included online play and possibly Dante then I would have been all over this.

I have to get around to it. I was friggin blown away by the Star Wars Demo. That kicked ass kickin ass as Obi Wan.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm not buying it until its $10-$20...Now had tehy included online play and possibly Dante then I would have been all over this.[/QUOTE]

If it included Dante? Are you on drugs?

[quote name='Kaijufan']I played the demo and thought it was ok, but I'll wait until I can get it for less then $20.
I don't like fighting games very much. Soul Caliber 2 is the only traditional fighting game I own (I also have the Godzilla games, War of the Monsters, and the Super Smash Brothers games). I bought it because Link was in it, and I do like it, but not so much that I'll pay more then $20 for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

I never liked Link very much, although I enjoyed SOME of the Zelda games :p

Anyways, I was never much of a fan of Soul Calibur either, I'd rather button mash with Tekken instead.

[quote name='jetlag16']I have to get around to it. I was friggin blown away by the Star Wars Demo. That kicked ass kickin ass as Obi Wan.[/QUOTE]
fuck yeah! I can't wait for that SW game.

But I'll pass on Soul Calibur.

OH hay guys. I almost forget. Theres a glitch that lets you play Zasalamel and Kilik in the VS mode. Go to Create a Soul, and then have player 2 press start. It will bring you to the vs screen, with player 1 as Zas, and player 2 as Tira. If you change costumes you'll be stuck permanently as Kilik. Mitsu is not selectable via this glitch. That is all.

SourCalibre.jpg

[quote name='xzafixz']If it included Dante? Are you on drugs?[/QUOTE]

Go back a few months. Almost every gaming magazine was hinting that Dante might be in it, but it turned out to just be a rumor.

I played the demo, and i am not that impressed. It plays like Soul Calibur 2 but faster. I was disappointed with Soul Calibur 2, because it couldn't live up to the original. I feel this will do the same.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']OH hay guys. I almost forget. Theres a glitch that lets you play Zasalamel and Kilik in the VS mode. Go to Create a Soul, and then have player 2 press start. It will bring you to the vs screen, with player 1 as Zas, and player 2 as Tira. If you change costumes you'll be stuck permanently as Kilik. Mitsu is not selectable via this glitch. That is all.

SourCalibre.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i saw that cosplay pic on soulcalibur3.us

it's actually quite impressive, but it would be more interesting to see here actually fight in that thing... it' kinda hard to stay coverd up without some decent tape.

SO is it online? If not then its as useless as other fighting games that arent online akaTekken5
Im not paying $50 for a fighting game thats not online. Fighting games get way too old way too fast.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']OH hay guys. I almost forget. Theres a glitch that lets you play Zasalamel and Kilik in the VS mode. Go to Create a Soul, and then have player 2 press start. It will bring you to the vs screen, with player 1 as Zas, and player 2 as Tira. If you change costumes you'll be stuck permanently as Kilik. Mitsu is not selectable via this glitch. That is all.

SourCalibre.jpg
[/QUOTE]
StormTrooper.jpg

This confuses me, sexually.

The character creation system is great, can't wait to get the full version to have more stuff to play around with. The game itself was just as fun as SCII, but better. Can't wait to get this game.

I don't recieve OPM, but my friend does so at a fraction of the cost he sold it to me. I mainly wanted it for the demo and I'm glad I did as it rocked. They made just about everything better, though I don't like how they sped up the characters some. My timing is bit off, and some moves don't even seem to be there like Kilik's A+B move (might have been relocated). From the two new characters shown, the game seems incredible. Tira is probably my new favorite character and she'll be the first I'll master, since I already have Talim, Ivy, and Voldo down. Zasalmel was also great from what I saw and I'm glad they finally made a quick ax type player. I wonder what modifications they have done to some returning favorites like Ivy, etc. Overall from the demo alone it seems like the game has just improved on the second and that Namco really fleshed out various features of the games such as the different mode.

Oh, P.S. I'm now going to try out that glitch :D

I got to try the demo out, Really not overly impressed with it. Not worth buying it for the PS2. I don't care for playing Fighting games on my PS2, One reason I never got into the Tekken series. Also the graphics are so-so on the PS2, SCII looks better on the GameCube and Xbox then SCIII does on the PS2. Its a real shame they made such a foolish choice and made it PS2 only, I just know their not going to see the same sales as they did with SCII.

If the rumors about a GameCube and Xbox version are true and they come out after xmas I will buy it for the GameCube, or maybe the Xbox version depends if it has Live suport or not, but I have not plans to ever buy it for the PS2... Well maybe if I can buy it for $5.

bread's done
Back