Soul Calibur II for GC

shrewmdust

CAGiversary!
Anyone seen a copy of this game, pre-owned or otherwise, for $25 or less?
I'm trying to beef up my GC library with a good fighter. I've played in on PS2 and Xbox so anyone who's played this version, would you mind comparing it to the others as well?

Thanks.

This is indeed the best of the versions, and if you are looking for a cheap version someone will most likely wish to trade or sell to you from here.

Super Smash Bro. Melee > Soul Calibur 2, in terms of fun factor.

If you haven't picked up Smash, yet, it isn't too late to get into it. Tournaments across the country are held regularly with huge payouts. To get a sense of how popular Smash tournies are, consider this: Japanese smashers fly across the country to come to some of the tournies held here. Major League Gaming has also considered adding it to its tour of console tournaments.

If you insist on getting SC2, which also has a thriving tourny scene, ebworld.com has a pre-owned version for about $28.00 after using the 25% off coupon code (AFF25).

Edit: For tournament information:

SSBM: smashworld.com
MLG: mlgpro.com

I picked up the GC version pre-owned for $22.00 When EB had the temp. price drob to $29.00 new. someone must have traded one in and they left that price tag on it when I picked it up. I just got lucky, but it might be worth a shot.

[quote name='yellowaznboy']Super Smash Bro. Melee > Soul Calibur 2, in terms of fun factor.

[/quote]

:roll: Of coarse, we all respect your wrong opinion and all.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='yellowaznboy']Super Smash Bro. Melee > Soul Calibur 2, in terms of fun factor.

[/quote]

:roll: Of coarse, we all respect your wrong opinion and all.[/quote]

How can my opinion be wrong? :?:

Oh yeah, SSBM was my first buy, never had any doubt about it. I was a little sad to what they did to my poor Ness, but got over it (almost) after I unlocked Marth. Nothing quite as fun as chucking Mr. Saturn around. Only wish they had had a Saturn Valley stage with the theme song.

I thought the Xbox version was a lot prettier than PS2 (as much as I hate to admit it), but I wasn't really struck by either of the special characters. Heihachi... why? Tekken 4 was too far, I hope in 5 they kill off the old bastard. He needs to die.

I kinda wish the PS2 version had someone like Jak instead of heihatchi but seeing asit was a "triforce" collective idea I suppose it makes sense... but having Spawn didnt make any sense to me. You can't tell me Sega couldn't come up with a character of their own to give xbx.

[quote name='yellowaznboy'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='yellowaznboy']Super Smash Bro. Melee > Soul Calibur 2, in terms of fun factor.

[/quote]

:roll: Of coarse, we all respect your wrong opinion and all.[/quote]

How can my opinion be wrong? :?:[/quote]

It's not. Some people can't respect others OPINIONS.

I personally love both games. SCII is great 3D fighting with lots of cool weapons and characters, and Super Smash is an all out fighting frenzy with Nintendo characters, to put them simply. Both a lot of fun! Super Smash is more fun as a multiplayer game than SCII. But that's just my opinion.

Good luck finding SCII cheap, I haven't seen it anywhere near $25. Nintendo is SO slow with price drops. :(

bread's done
Back