Soul Calibur IV $49.99 at Frys.com (360 only)

I'll just do a walk in and pick this up next Tuesday. This is the reason why I didn't preorder.

My friend told me Frys in the San Jose/Santa Clara, CA broke street date but I didn't see any copies available.

Really?! That's the frys that I frequent! From my experience, they are quite stringent with their release dates. I remember having to wait for the exact hour (5PM) for them to take out the game that was in their advertisement. I'd jump on it if it wasn't for the fact that I'm already attempting to get Amazon to price match the email they sent out that displayed Soul Calibur IV CE for $39.99.

[quote name='abcbadcat']I'll just do a walk in and pick this up next Tuesday. This is the reason why I didn't preorder.

My friend told me Frys in the San Jose/Santa Clara, CA broke street date but I didn't see any copies available.[/QUOTE]

Really?! That's the frys that I frequent! From my experience, they are quite stringent with their release dates. I remember having to wait for the exact hour (5PM) for them to take out the game that was in their advertisement. I'd jump on it if it wasn't for the fact that I'm already attempting to get Amazon to price match the email they sent out that displayed Soul Calibur IV CE for $39.99.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Really?! That's the frys that I frequent! From my experience, they are quite stringent with their release dates. I remember having to wait for the exact hour (5PM) for them to take out the game that was in their advertisement. I'd jump on it if it wasn't for the fact that I'm already attempting to get Amazon to price match the email they sent out that displayed Soul Calibur IV CE for $39.99.[/quote]

DUDE... $39.99? That price is almost too hot to handle.

I only preordered the game at GameCrazy to get the faceplate. I think I'm just going to return it right away and then head to Frys or something and pick it up cheaper :D

[quote name='InFlames215']DUDE... $39.99? That price is almost too hot to handle.[/QUOTE]
Lol your post made me laugh. Very nice choice of words. btw if you haven't already seen it, the thread is here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191413

[quote name='YodaEXE']I only preordered the game at GameCrazy to get the faceplate. I think I'm just going to return it right away and then head to Frys or something and pick it up cheaper :D[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've done that with other games in the past. I preordered Pokemon Diamond and Pearl at Gamestop for $34.99 each. I later cancelled that since Frys had sold them for $22 each on the release date. Effectively saving me $25.98. Frys always has awesome deals on the release date for high profile games.

The original Frys.com deal is dead, sadly. Darn it, I want this game, but I don't want to pay full price. I was hoping it'd be in the weeklies.

bread's done
Back