Soul Calibur IV $49.99 for the 360 at Play-Asia

ch3zyp00fs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey guys, if you all didn't know Soul Calibur IV (asia, no region protection) is priced at $49.99.

Shipping is $3.40.

SC 4 - 360

Release Date Jul 29, 2008
Language Voice: Japanese, English; Text: English, French
Genre Fighting
Version Asia
PAX-Code PAX0002306203
Item Code 722674210058
Players 1-2

[quote name='mrcheapo11']http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7g-49-en-70-1f8t-4-6.html
59 cents for a handkerchief :)[/QUOTE]

As suggested by MrCheapo11 here is a pretty good filler item if you need it to use a $5 coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, just need a filler and I can use a $5 off coupon :) Best deal on SCIV so far, even if you have to wait a little longer, thanks OP!

hmm, I've never gotten a Asian version for the 360 before. Thought about getting one before. I guess if you can find a

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Sweet, just need a filler and I can use a $5 off coupon :) Best deal on SCIV so far, even if you have to wait a little longer, thanks OP![/quote]
Can u pls. let me know about the 5 dollar coupon haven't been following the play asia thread lately thanks much:lol::applause:.

How will I ever follow that storyline? Hmmm, I havent made a decision on where to buy it yet, but I guess another option.

[quote name='Link927']How will I ever follow that storyline? Hmmm, I havent made a decision on where to buy it yet, but I guess another option.[/QUOTE]

It's in english. Most Asia versions have an english option. I posted an update in the OP.

Could anybody suggest a filler item in order to make the total purchase worth $50 or more so I can use my 5$ discount code ? Preferably the cheapest and smallest item possible in order to not impact the shipping cost

[quote name='Darkarts']I already have this game...... it's simply brilliant.[/quote]
I'm sure you do, let me guess. You have hookups like all the other million people that claim to have games before release dates, that or it's pirated

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I'm sure you do, let me guess. You have hookups like all the other million people that claim to have games before release dates, that or it's pirated[/quote]

Or, you know, me might give awesome B *gets shot*

It's pretty much confirmed so yes. There are various pictures and videos of them fighting together but we will have to wait and find out when the DLC will be released

Thanks for the heads-up OP.
Added a $10 coupon and the tissue filler item and got this for $43 today.
Sweeettttt deal.

This will work on a NA 360 without a modchip? And would you be able to play against other people with the US version?

Where are these fabled $10 coupons? The ones I found on retailmenot aren't working.

And these do work with US Xbox 360, right?

[quote name='ZeroAX']And would you be able to play against other people with the US version?[/quote]
Also this is very important. It says it's Reigon Free on the site. However I was told some games have a lock on what regions you can play with. I'm gonna be so disappointed if I can't play with any of my friends.

[quote name='Eleo']Also this is very important. It says it's Reigon Free on the site. However I was told some games have a lock on what regions you can play with. I'm gonna be so disappointed if I can't play with any of my friends.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to mod your 360. Just put the game in the disc.

[quote name='ZeroAX']This will work on a NA 360 without a modchip? And would you be able to play against other people with the US version?[/QUOTE]

I believe all the other all region games that Play Asia had in the past didn't effect who you could play online. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all that is done through your IP address.

[quote name='vegivo']Damnt that would suck if those DOUBLE DRAGONS were censored :([/QUOTE]

Check out those HEAVY BARRELS.

OK, I was thinking I should be OK, but other people I talked to had me worried that the MP portion of the game would be region-locked to Asia. They cited Virtua Fighter 5 and Army of Two as examples, but those games aren't actually region-free. So I might be getting worried over nothing.

If I'm not, at least I'll have people here to have a bitchfest with :)

P.S. The $10 off coupon was hard to track down. Try to google for play-asia coupon codes. I think a code stops working if it's used just once. ? I'm glad I got the game for $43.89, I just hope it doesn't take 10 days to get here.

[quote name='Eleo']OK, I was thinking I should be OK, but other people I talked to had me worried that the MP portion of the game would be region-locked to Asia. They cited Virtua Fighter 5 and Army of Two as examples, but those games aren't actually region-free. So I might be getting worried over nothing.

If I'm not, at least I'll have people here to have a bitchfest with :)

P.S. The $10 off coupon was hard to track down. Try to google for play-asia coupon codes. I think a code stops working if it's used just once. ? I'm glad I got the game for $43.89, I just hope it doesn't take 10 days to get here.[/QUOTE]

$10 off coupons are soo hard to track down. I've never been successful with one. Oh well, I hope we all don't have a reason for a bitchfest.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']$10 off coupons are soo hard to track down. I've never been successful with one. Oh well, I hope we all don't have a reason for a bitchfest.[/quote]

I bit and ordered one with the 5 dollar off coupon I hope it all works out. I hear there is no rumble? As long as it plays online I'm happy.

[quote name='tightclaws']I bit and ordered one with the 5 dollar off coupon I hope it all works out. I hear there is no rumble? As long as it plays online I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

I never really played 3 much, though, how cool would it be to be able to play as your own created characters online. Crono vs Cloud, Mario vs Link, Snake vs Sam Fisher... hahaha. I wonder if they'll add a upload character mode.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']I never really played 3 much, though, how cool would it be to be able to play as your own created characters online. Crono vs Cloud, Mario vs Link, Snake vs Sam Fisher... hahaha. I wonder if they'll add a upload character mode.[/QUOTE]
While I doubt you will be able to make a Mario character there is gonna be a custom character online vs mode

[quote name='MikeHoncho']While I doubt you will be able to make a Mario character there is gonna be a custom character online vs mode[/QUOTE]

Awww. I guess Link will have to do. I wonder if you could make a pretty good samus?? Or a Zero Suit and use Ivy's whip.... ooooh.

[quote name='tightclaws']Anyone get notice of shipping? Or will we all have to wait some?[/QUOTE]

I just checked play-asia and it says 5-15 days before it will ship

Good luck with any of those ch3yp00fs. I got my copy today and doesn't look like you will be able to make that, it's not Spore but it is an okay one. I made Raiden from MGS, that's about it

OK what is this crap. It's going to take 5-15 days to get shipped and then another 5-10 days to arrive? I think I'll just go to Best Buy and pay the $60+tax.

[quote name='Eleo']OK what is this crap. It's going to take 5-15 days to get shipped and then another 5-10 days to arrive? I think I'll just go to Best Buy and pay the $60+tax.[/quote]

It may not be so easy to cancel now..........

Ahhh just heard about the wait.
Dang you Play-Asia.
Haha.
Oh well I still have to finish a few games first.

Still no word on this from PA I'm not happy now, I should have known 5-15 means 15 at PA. It sucks as they have the PS3 version in and ready to ship. I wonder what the hold up is?

Well I emailed CS about cancellng my order, pretty lame they gave me some standard babble about signing up for email notice when its BACK in stock! GEt that it was in stock and is now out, yet still they hold my order hostage. No word about cancelling my order :( good luck with that.

If your order is not yet in shipping preparation, you may modify or cancel your order here. If you have submitted an order with an alternative payment method (e.g. non credit card orders), you can confirm them here once you have made your payment. This will help us to allocate your credit once we have received it. You won't need to fax us your payment proofs in general.
I'm going to assume like everyone else their order was being "prepared" about ten seconds after they placed it.

This is kinda bullshit. At best it will be two weeks before I get it and at worst it'll be nearly a month. I think I'm going to email them and ask to cancel it and go from there. If it was going to take this long there should have been some kind of notice before I ordered it.

[quote name='Eleo']I'm going to assume like everyone else their order was being "prepared" about ten seconds after they placed it.

This is kinda bullshit. At best it will be two weeks before I get it and at worst it'll be nearly a month. I think I'm going to email them and ask to cancel it and go from there. If it was going to take this long there should have been some kind of notice before I ordered it.[/quote]

I tried that, they just shrugged me off and did not cancel order. Let me know if you have more luck.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']While I doubt you will be able to make a Mario character there is gonna be a custom character online vs mode[/quote]

Kotaku just put up a vid of a ton of characters including mario, luigi, link, snake, mortal kombat characters, etc. Im very impressed with how well characters are being made.

[quote name='flareth']Yea I can't seem to find anyway to cancel it directly.
Crap.[/quote]

I tried 3 times to cancel the order, they just ignore me. I think this is the end of my buying at Play Asia.

Well they finally cancelled it tonight after much urging, and 3 or 4 emails. I think now I will go buy it at a store where I don't have to wait forever, 15 or 20 dollars is not worth the aggravation. Hell I might just wait and see if it goes onsle in a week or two.

[quote name='tightclaws']I tried 3 times to cancel the order, they just ignore me. I think this is the end of my buying at Play Asia.

Well they finally cancelled it tonight after much urging, and 3 or 4 emails. I think now I will go buy it at a store where I don't have to wait forever, 15 or 20 dollars is not worth the aggravation. Hell I might just wait and see if it goes onsle in a week or two.[/QUOTE]

LoL. Well, waiting a week or two would be a well nevermind. :D Whatever makes ya happy.

bread's done
Back