Soul Calibur IV Deals Thread (Limited Edition has T-shirt!!!)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Xbox 360 Exclusive - Yoda
PS3 Exclusive - Darth Vader

Standard Edition - $59.99
512iHK4xcVL._SS400_.jpg
51nh1lyQnOL._SS400_.jpg

Limited Collector's/Premium Edition - $79.99
(Xbox 360 on Left; PS3 on Right)
51Bzer2vmEL._SS400_.jpg
51PQdvRbV1L._SS400_.jpg

LCE/Premium Comes with:
Metal Case
Art book
Tournament bracket card
Soul Calibur T-shirt (XL size)
(Not listed on Amazon, but gamecrazy indicate there will also be some Exclusive Downloadable character costumes and weapons Plus custom comic book)

Release Date: July 29, 2008.

---Deals---

Game Crazy - FREE FacePlate with Pre-order. Yoda(Xbox 360) - http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12870&LF=STL Darth Vader(PS3) http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12871&LF=STL

Best Buy - Preorder & get FREE Calender! (Pics), but it probably doesn't apply to the LCE Edition, I might have to cancel.

Amazon -

Xbox 360 Standard - http://www.amazon.com/Namco-21005-Soul-Calibur-IV/dp/B000ZKDOVW/
Xbox 360 LCE/Premium - http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Calibur-IV-Premium-Edition/dp/B0017U25QY/

PS3 Standard - http://www.amazon.com/Namco-11007-Soul-Calibur-IV/dp/B000ZK7ZMQ/
PS3 LCE/Premium - http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Calibur-IV-Premium-Edition/dp/B0017U08X6/

Gamestop - Pre-Order Soul Calibur IV and receive a Soul Calibur IV key chain free!
506287_bonuslg.jpg

Circuit City - Free mini strategy guide with Pre-order. (http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=215746)

Target - Details not yet.
Wal-mart - Details not yet.

Arcade Stick - Soul Calibur Edition

PS3 http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-F.../dp/B0018OCJ60/ref=acc_glance_vg_ai_828_1_tit

Xbox 360 http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fight..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1213813274&sr=1-2

Strategy Guide Limited Edition $19.79 http://www.amazon.com/SOULCALIBUR-Limited-Guide-Brady-Games/dp/0744010314
832226b.jpg

SOULCALIBUR IV Limited Edition Fighter’s Guide includes the following:
  • Complete walkthrough of the entire game.
  • CHARACTER LISTING: Detailed information on all characters, including Yoda for Xbox 360 and Darth Vader for PlayStation 3, with strategies and movelists.
  • EXPERT TACTICS: Tips on character ranges, attacks, counterattacks, and more!
  • GAME SECRETS: Unlockables revealed!
  • Limited Edition guide provides bonus game soundtrack, foldout, and much more!

[quote name='eau']You got a pic of that T-shirt?[/QUOTE]

i am at work now but I will post a pic of it later tonight. but its essentially a black t-shirt with 4 rectangles with yoda, nightmare, siegfied and vader in each rectangle there is some word in there like hope, determination, fear, etc.

Did anyone else get a copy with a messed up plastic cover? I got my PS3 PE today and the plastic slipcover is folded wrong. It's folded right down the middle of the "PLAYSTATION 3" on the spine and as a result every other side is off as well.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Now I understand why people were complaining about GC about the GTA fiasco, yup, the truth is Gamecrazy will NOT give you what you thought you will get when you pre-order! Their service is BS AVOID them!!![/quote]

I keep trying to tell you people that faceplates were NEVER advertised as a GTA preorder gift! The only thing that WAS advertised as a preorder gift for GTA was the gamer pictures. The stores were given 12 faceplates for GTA to give away at their own will, contests or whatever. It was NOT a preorder item.

You can even read about it here.

- limited edition faceplate in extremely low supply (only 10 per store or only at 10 GC locations) (may be raffled off)

They were 10 or 12 per store for the sole purpose of being given away/raffled off. You were NOT guaranteed one, so put down your pitchfork. The faceplate sucked anyway.

It's not our fault you have a shitty GC. Every one is different, just like Gamestop. The only difference is, Gamestop litters the United States so if you have shitty service at one, there's another one around the corner. With GC, they're expanding, but they're not everywhere. Yet.

I gotta say I find the keychain to be a pretty lame bonus. It's a little silver one with Soul Calibur IV on one side and the Bandai Namco logo on the other. You can spin it if you're bored though.

[quote name='rainking187']I gotta say I find the keychain to be a pretty lame bonus. It's a little silver one with Soul Calibur IV on one side and the Bandai Namco logo on the other. You can spin it if you're bored though.[/quote]

Yeah, I wanted to reserve at GC myself, bu hearing the horror stories with their preorder bonuses, I didn't want to take a chance. Plus, GS was running the extra $10 on two next-gen trade ins, so it was paid for with all the KMart stuff thhat was like $5 each a few months ago.

The artwork is nice, but no room on the walls, and I got enough swag from the past sitting in a box from E3's past.

Never got my keychain though ::sad panda::

[quote name='Ziv']It's not leather, more like a sturdy dust jacket. And it has a (arguably) nicer cover.[/quote]

Yeah I don't know where I read it was supposed to be leatherbound too.

The premium version also comes with the soundtrack on CD, if you like sitting in a car picturing your SCIV battles in your mind....like me! \\:D/

[quote name='rainking187']I gotta say I find the keychain to be a pretty lame bonus. It's a little silver one with Soul Calibur IV on one side and the Bandai Namco logo on the other. You can spin it if you're bored though.[/QUOTE]

I had it preordered with GS for that till I found out about the faceplate at GC. A yoda faceplate is a lot better then the keychain. I cancled my order with GS and made it with GC. The guy at Gamecrazy does not seem like the time that would keep stuff that comes with preorders unless they have extras. For the FF game on the PSP he was calling all local GC to see if they got extras of the preorder umd case for the one person that preordered just for that. Seeing how out of all the stores he called only one got one. When I say one that is it they got ONE. So he gave the person a shit load of other extras to make up for it that they had a shit tone of extras from other games that came out.

[quote name='sendme']I had it preordered with GS for that till I found out about the faceplate at GC. A yoda faceplate is a lot better then the keychain. I cancled my order with GS and made it with GC. The guy at Gamecrazy does not seem like the time that would keep stuff that comes with preorders unless they have extras. For the FF game on the PSP he was calling all local GC to see if they got extras of the preorder umd case for the one person that preordered just for that. Seeing how out of all the stores he called only one got one. When I say one that is it they got ONE. So he gave the person a shit load of other extras to make up for it that they had a shit tone of extras from other games that came out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the faceplate is a neat extra but as I was buying it for the PS3 it wouldn't have done me any good and I'd never put one of those skins on my PS3. I wish I had known GC was going to be giving out a second shirt though, I definitely would have rather had that.

If anybody ordered the Premium Edition from the Best Buy website to ship when it was on backorder and it still hasn't shipped AND you have a local store with the game, I'd call them to change the order. I did this 2 days ago, got the confirmation email from the store, went to the store the next day (yesterday), they had no clue about the pickup, and gave me the special $10 discount after about a 5-minute wait to locate a game. So that was about ~$63 for the PE, albeit with no pre-order bonuses.

[quote name='infinitepez']Coulda gotten the Best Buy mini calender too. Since you got the mini-calender at time of pre-order, it wasn't too hard to "return" the pre-order while keeping the calender.[/quote]
Believe me, I thought about it, but didn't want to go through the hassle. ;)

[quote name='mrjelloman']
attachment.php
[/quote]
That's it. I don't mind it being stapled, because you don't really see the back, but I was definitely surprised at the quality of the whole thing. I was expecting something more along the lines of the Laser-etched art cel thing that we got for Lost Planet.

[quote name='Nyquil']i am at work now but I will post a pic of it later tonight. but its essentially a black t-shirt with 4 rectangles with yoda, nightmare, siegfied and vader in each rectangle there is some word in there like hope, determination, fear, etc.[/QUOTE]

Photo-0008.jpg

left to right

hope damnation redemption fear

Damn that's the shirt that should have been in the LE to begin with. Not that I could wear it anyways, but at least it would be a better looking shirt in my box than the one it came with.

[quote name='Nyquil']
Photo-0008.jpg

left to right

hope damnation redemption fear[/quote]
That ain't bad :)

Do you know if the print is in the front or back of the shirt?

[quote name='joker______']did anyone get their litho from BB? my store never got theirs to be honest none of them near me got theirs[/quote]

I didn't get anything from my BB.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:At your sig! Best magic trick ever!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='joker______']did anyone get their litho from BB? my store never got theirs to be honest none of them near me got theirs[/quote]

What lito???? Was there an art cell for the game??? The only art I knew of was the one from Blockbuster.

[quote name='eau']That ain't bad :)

Do you know if the print is in the front or back of the shirt?[/QUOTE]

Erm I haven't opened it yet but I assume that the graphic/print is on the front. And if you mean print by like those words, they are in the rectangles with the characters.

[quote name='yukafls']What lito???? Was there an art cell for the game??? The only art I knew of was the one from Blockbuster.[/quote]

I think he meant BB as in Blockbuster

[quote name='BlueSwim']I didn't get anything from my BB.[/quote]

Blockbuster is still A+ in my book. Originally did not get the LE version of it, called back the next day after picking up reg. version and they got a PS3 LE so I swapped it out. Then I went in there today to get some more credit for Madden and Fallout 3 and saw the sign for the litho. Asked the lady that swapped the game out for me and she said, "Oh, you didn't get it?" And handed me a litho. Nice!

My local Blockbuster had 6 lithos sitting on a shelf. I already have the game, but the ape wouldn't sell it separately even. Poo! I was going to sit around and wait and see if someone would buy the game and see if I could buy it off then, but didn't feel much up to it.

Maybe I'll buy their LE then return it to Gamestop, my original purchase.

[quote name='mrjelloman']My local Blockbuster had 6 lithos sitting on a shelf. I already have the game, but the ape wouldn't sell it separately even. Poo! I was going to sit around and wait and see if someone would buy the game and see if I could buy it off then, but didn't feel much up to it.

Maybe I'll buy their LE then return it to Gamestop, my original purchase.[/quote]

I would say, that is your best bet. The Litho is very nice since it's real glass in the frame. I was pleasantly surprised.

yea sorry i meant Blockbuster i went back today & they still didnt get anything but they gave me a shirt for my trouble

The LE is $70 at best Buy, which is $10 less than everywhere else (even Amazon, surprisingly). But it looks like that's it.

[quote name='Chronis']The LE is $70 at best Buy, which is $10 less than everywhere else (even Amazon, surprisingly). But it looks like that's it.[/quote]

plus 10% off until today.. the coupon is printed somewhere in the thread.

I got it from ebay new sealed for $50 with no tax and free shipping. That beats any online store I think.

The seller still has a couple of copies left.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Quick question: Does the Soulcalibur IV game itself come in a DVD case with barcode and everything, just in case we want to sell only the game?[/quote]It looks to be a regular retail case inside the tin, but I'm not sure about the barcode. Perhaps that has a "Not For Resale" mark on it. Maybe BlueSwim can check for you. He has some pics up on his blog here. Scroll down a few and you can see it's a regular game case inside.

Heck, I'll save you the time and put the pic here:
picture.php

Pic courtesy of BlueSwim's blog

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Quick question: Does the Soulcalibur IV game itself come in a DVD case with barcode and everything, just in case we want to sell only the game?[/QUOTE]

Mine has a barcode, 722674210058 , no idea if its the same barcode as the other ones, but I assume it is, otherwise im sure it would have just said not for resale instead of showing a barcode.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I just bought the LE from Best Buy for the PS3 and it rang up as 59.99. Looks like they are trying to clear them out quick[/quote]

Wtf? Buy and return it is.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I just bought the LE from Best Buy for the PS3 and it rang up as 59.99. Looks like they are trying to clear them out quick[/quote]

DAMN!! I was just at mine but didn't see an LE ones

Ok, this is totally off-topic and weird, but when visiting this thread on page 20 (here we are), why is there some pop-up asking me to log into www.endlessnocturne.com?

Anyone here have a sig or something activating this log-in prompt? I don't even know what that site is, but a Google search says it's the community for Eternal Sonata.

Seriously, this is odd.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Ok, this is totally off-topic and weird, but when visiting this thread on page 20 (here we are), why is there some pop-up asking me to log into www.endlessnocturne.com?

Anyone here have a sig or something activating this log-in prompt? I don't even know what that site is, but a Google search says it's the community for Eternal Sonata.

Seriously, this is odd.[/quote]
Yeah I'm getting it too 0_0

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Ok, this is totally off-topic and weird, but when visiting this thread on page 20 (here we are), why is there some pop-up asking me to log into www.endlessnocturne.com?

Seriously, this is odd.[/quote]Yup, I get it too.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It looks to be a regular retail case inside the tin, but I'm not sure about the barcode. Perhaps that has a "Not For Resale" mark on it. Maybe BlueSwim can check for you. He has some pics up on his blog here. Scroll down a few and you can see it's a regular game case inside.

Heck, I'll save you the time and put the pic here:
picture.php

Pic courtesy of BlueSwim's blog[/quote]

I don't have the case right in front of me at the moment but I know it had a "do not sell before" orange sticker on it so I think it is just the regular edition in the metal case. I'll check it out though.

And yeah, I was having that log-in pop-up too.

bread's done
Back