Soul Calibur IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Link927']I heard you just get some more stuff and weapons that you normally have to unlock by playing story mode and tower and such, its a code I beleive. But I cant confirm myself sicne I dont have the LE either.[/quote]

To unlock the weapons, you must beat everyones story once.

To buy them all, you need upwards of 2 million for the weapons, and 1 million or so for the equipment for each gender.

Currently at 44/50.. need another million or so to go.

Its a pain -_-V The other 5 are the online ones -_-V Sigh.

:wave:
Sup?

Hey, I still don't have my Xbox :)wall:) so this is why I'll ask a dumb question.
When I played some of arcade mode over my brother's, I fought some chick with like.. an umbrella weapon? She was like an evil Mary Poppins?

Well, with that weapon is it easy to make my homegirl..Peach..in this game?! :shock:
Do they have big fluffy dress' that can be made into pink?!

Boo, check Youtube for Soul Calibur Custom IV Characters Part 2. The guy makes all Nintendo people, and Peach is the first one.

[quote name='vherub']can custom characters be traded? uploaded or download between systems?[/quote]

No. you can copy to word what you used and send it that way though.

When u host online, people can only use what they have, not what you have -_-V

[quote name='seanr1221']Boo, check Youtube for Soul Calibur Custom IV Characters Part 2. The guy makes all Nintendo people, and Peach is the first one.[/quote]

Sophitia P1 costume looks like Peach with a short dress. I seriously thought it was her for a while.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']To unlock the weapons, you must beat everyones story once.

To buy them all, you need upwards of 2 million for the weapons, and 1 million or so for the equipment for each gender.

Currently at 44/50.. need another million or so to go.

Its a pain -_-V The other 5 are the online ones -_-V Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Well I already knew that, I was talking about the bonus LE code. Which 5 online ones are you missing?

[quote name='Link927']Well I already knew that, I was talking about the bonus LE code. Which 5 online ones are you missing?[/quote]

1 now.

Reach rank 20.

im rank 7.

online is garbage.. ive had 8 people leave on me, they get a -200 exp, but leave. Its stupid.

Or else everyone abuses Kilik (even though I can beat them).. its soo boring.

That is why I don't play online much now. if you play special matches then it is the same but they have 150-200% life.

Aside from that, I'm loving SCIV so hard. Beat arcade a bunch of times already, been playing through the story mode for a lot of characters, and have been desperately trying to beat Tower of Souls floors 30-32 with Apprentice (I refuse to create a custom character for the floors until I defeat them with Apprentice...I've gotten so close).

Online's been a lot of fun, minus the occasional lag, but I find more of the asshat brigade on here than in CoD 4, strangely enough. A kid just spent about five minutes trying to argue with me after I beat him that grab moves were cheap, I was a pussy for using them, and they were outlawed. fucking idiot.

[quote name='IOnceWasLegend']Aside from that, I'm loving SCIV so hard. Beat arcade a bunch of times already, been playing through the story mode for a lot of characters, and have been desperately trying to beat Tower of Souls floors 30-32 with Apprentice (I refuse to create a custom character for the floors until I defeat them with Apprentice...I've gotten so close).

Online's been a lot of fun, minus the occasional lag, but I find more of the asshat brigade on here than in CoD 4, strangely enough. A kid just spent about five minutes trying to argue with me after I beat him that grab moves were cheap, I was a pussy for using them, and they were outlawed. fucking idiot.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, with a custom character, you can have better stats to defeat the higher ups, and they definetly have more power too. Well, using stock characters is a challenge too, good luck ;)

I was kicking ass with Amy tonight, then I lost a match and got bored with that. Then I went and made half-assed ninja turtles (green skin, mask, pants + their weapon). I made Raphael, Leonardo and Michaelangelo before I got bored of that. Then I went online and got my ass kicked because I didn't know how to use any of those characters. I fought against one guy with all three in a row. He was probably wondering where Donatello went.

I need to hurry up and get a few more achievements so that I can move to another game and stop this madness.

Dumb question for you guys,

Does The Premium Edition's Game come in the Regular Case/packaging inside the tin? Or is it in a weird somthing else?

Thanks.

[quote name='jkanownik']I fought against one guy with all three in a row. He was probably wondering where Donatello went.

[/quote]

Hehehe, maybe its getting late and Im out of my mind, but that gave me a good chuckle. :lol:

[quote name='legendoffanboy']Dumb question for you guys,

Does The Premium Edition's Game come in the Regular Case/packaging inside the tin? Or is it in a weird somthing else?

Thanks.[/quote]

Full Game Case in tin.

Im loving it, its the first soul calibur I've played since 2 and fist one I've ever bought. my top three are the apprentice, mitsurugi and yun-seong. yoda is fun sometimes, but his combos are too long and leave you very vlunerable if they sidestep and you get stuck flipping across the room not hitting anything.

1ked. 32 hours.

Sigh. On to spectral force 3 -_-V

Online play is garbage. People abuse the living crap out of Cervantes and his stupid torpedo/teleport up then down move -_-V

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']online is garbage.. ive had 8 people leave on me, they get a -200 exp, but leave. Its stupid.

Or else everyone abuses Kilik (even though I can beat them).. its soo boring.[/quote]

I've had people either use Ki, Cervantes, or some variant of Sig. My main character, dating back to arcade days, is Taki, and she's useless online. Patently friggin' useless. The balance seems to be completely off when playing online. Either that, or I'm worse than I thought I was at this game....I keep getting my ass handed to me no matter what in ranked matches, and I know these people aren't better than me, they're just using that unbalanced fuck Sig...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I haven't played MUCH, but I am liking this.
I'm a bit confused, though.
The soul meter (or whatever that is)..that's specifically for these critical finishes? If not, what's it for again :whistle2:k
(does not want to read manual, lol lazy)

ALSO, how do you do these critical finishes?! I understand that it's different for each person, but ..it's not on their move list? :whistle2:k?

I really played the hell out of Dead or Alive 3, and I really enjoyed their fighting system and their counter system. "A" is block, but it also counters if your pushing it in the direction that you're getting hit from?

I just woke up, so pardon my confusion.

[quote name='Ronin317']I've had people either use Ki, Cervantes, or some variant of Sig. My main character, dating back to arcade days, is Taki, and she's useless online. Patently friggin' useless. The balance seems to be completely off when playing online. Either that, or I'm worse than I thought I was at this game....I keep getting my ass handed to me no matter what in ranked matches, and I know these people aren't better than me, they're just using that unbalanced fuck Sig...[/quote]

Im doing well with Taki online, I find with her though, once they start spamming their combos Im partially screwed unless I hold ground. With other characters, I can give up a bit and still win, but with her, I can lose as much as half my hp before I regain control of the battle...

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I hate how people use characters and strategies that are totally legit, too. -_-'[/quote]

Yeah, cause that's what I was saying...:roll:

[quote name='lilboo']Ok I haven't played MUCH, but I am liking this.
I'm a bit confused, though.
The soul meter (or whatever that is)..that's specifically for these critical finishes? If not, what's it for again :whistle2:k
(does not want to read manual, lol lazy)

ALSO, how do you do these critical finishes?! I understand that it's different for each person, but ..it's not on their move list? :whistle2:k?

I really played the hell out of Dead or Alive 3, and I really enjoyed their fighting system and their counter system. "A" is block, but it also counters if your pushing it in the direction that you're getting hit from?

I just woke up, so pardon my confusion.[/quote]

Look at post #43 and watch the video to see how to do critical finishers. If you push forward+A you counter High and medium attacks, Medium/low Down forward +A, if you successfully counter them you will stun your opponent for a second or two.

There's also another counter, these will put your opponent on the floor if you successfully counter them. Back+ A (high/Medium attacks), Down+ A (medium low attacks).

[quote name='YodaEXE']Maybe we should try and get a small CAG casual tournament going? Just for those of us who don't sit and play for 12 hours a day memorizing moves and the like.[/quote]

I second that motion

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend and I were discussing the create-a-character mode, but I don't currently have access to my game. I didn't notice a complete separate option to create one from scratch, only to edit a current fighter. I know there's one in there, but where is it exactly?

there is a selection on the char selection list right next to where the random selection would be that looks like it has two fighters on it one male and the other female. That particular icon is a custom character which lets you design a char from scratch.

Alright. Thanks. Anyone downloaded the customization pack for 100 MS Points? Is there anything in there that's not described that might make it worth it?

I find the online extremely irritating mainly due to the spam you get after every win. 'ZOMG that was so cheap' gets so tired after a while, people don't seem to realise that if you don't block low, i'm going to attack low, most characters only have 3-4 moves that hit low. Just funny how people assume you suck at the game because you beat them. Really can't get my head around that one.

Seong Mi-na is still God on the game. Anyone wanting a chuckle go into practice and press (diagonal-up-towards enemy) + X&Y and see how much damage it does.

[quote name='Ronin317']Yeah, cause that's what I was saying...:roll:[/quote]

I think he might've been referring to me, man (RE: The kid who spent a few minutes bitching at me that grab moves were cheap and outlawed).

[quote name='RobotChickenMk1'] Just funny how people assume you suck at the game because you beat them. Really can't get my head around that one.
[/quote]

Only in the bizarro world of Xbox live does beating someone mean you're not good at a game.

I guess no one really wants to admit that they just might be stupid enough to lose a game, just like everyone else. It happens kids. Consider it a life lesson.

Just consider yourself lucky that you never got that guy I played once in halo 2 (or 3, I forget which) that would scream "CHEAT! CHEAT!" every time he got fragged.

[quote name='RobotChickenMk1']I find the online extremely irritating mainly due to the spam you get after every win. 'ZOMG that was so cheap' gets so tired after a while, people don't seem to realise that if you don't block low, i'm going to attack low, most characters only have 3-4 moves that hit low. Just funny how people assume you suck at the game because you beat them. Really can't get my head around that one.
[/quote]

Agreed. What makes it even worse is when these hypocrite morons brag about how good they are when they win using idiotic strategies that work due to online lag. If I had a nickel for every time I get hit by Kilik's 8-way run AAA move when I'm actually blocking the whole thing, I could fill Scrooge McDuck's money vault 10 times over.

[quote name='danked']Question, is the DLC from xbox live different from the LE DLC ?[/quote]I think it is. The LE DLC was some sort of uniform thing (IIRC) which doesn't seem to be the same judging from the description of the XBL DLC. Anyone downloaded it yet and can give impressions on the armor available? Looks interesting.

Ok I'm really enjoying this game.
The online makes me mad, though.

I only need to get to level 20 and fight 100 matches (I have like 11 to go!)..but after that I'm done. I really hate that you have to get the max amount of points for that level THEN win. :bomb:

Plus fighting some of these people is insane. I don't mind a good match where someone took my name using a ton of moves..but I'm gettin matches where all they do is rapidly press X :wall: I just don't get it. It's like in order for ME to win, I feel that I have to start being kinda cheap too.

And why is EVERYONE Kilik?! They all use him and seem to spam with him.. :wall:

[quote name='lilboo']Ok I'm really enjoying this game.
The online makes me mad, though.

I only need to get to level 20 and fight 100 matches (I have like 11 to go!)..but after that I'm done. I really hate that you have to get the max amount of points for that level THEN win. :bomb:

Plus fighting some of these people is insane. I don't mind a good match where someone took my name using a ton of moves..but I'm gettin matches where all they do is rapidly press X :wall: I just don't get it. It's like in order for ME to win, I feel that I have to start being kinda cheap too.

And why is EVERYONE Kilik?! They all use him and seem to spam with him.. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to SCIV online.

yeah the online is almost broken. If it's not kilik it's some other fast character and it's ALWAYS attack spam. Playing defense doesn't work online, just due to latency.

Wow, this game got old for me really quick...it's just not as in-depth as VF5 and not as fun as SC on XBL (both of which I have and enjoy). Probably going to trade this one in soon, thank God I only paid $20 for it (friend works at Namco and hooked me up :) ).

[quote name='jer7583']yeah the online is almost broken. If it's not kilik it's some other fast character and it's ALWAYS attack spam. Playing defense doesn't work online, just due to latency.[/quote]

I know what you mean. I hate playing Kilik or Cervantes; Cervantes isn't a problem, considering most people just spam guardbreak-cannonball launch, but Kilik's annoying in that he has fast attacks up close and long range.

That being said, I've learned that learning to parry was the best time I ever utilized with this game. With the Apprentice, parry+lightsaber hurl combo=good times.

I only play online to get the achievements or if my friend invites me to a game. I love playing this game offline...

Sorry for posting in a dead thread, but I kind of want to revive the discussion of this game.

Also they released Vader for DLC.

Yeah, I got this game for Christmas, and I have mixed feelings about it. The Apprentice was a pain to unlock, because he was cheap with his attacks, but man is it fun to just jump around with him.

I usually main Siegfried, but now I'm starting to try to get better with The Apprentice.

I recently picked this game up again, and within a few games I was back to doing pretty well. Leveling up past 60 is a pain, it feels people quit once you enter the room, even people at higher levels, even in the 100s. Well, the matches are quick and it gives a nice variety of players. Its fun when you find someone around your level, and you play a good 10 matches against them.

I havent gotten Vader yet, and I dont think I will. Im pretty satisfied with the characters that I know, and hopefully he'll be free in a few months or so.

I hope they do release Vader as free as well, I don't want to pay whatever it is for him. Hopefully they make the other DLC for free as well, I mean who wants to pay for custom weaps and stuff?

I have a question as well, how does the leveling system work?

I am back to this game after getting my ass handed to me in MK vs DC... That game is SLOWER than SC4, but this game is more fun with some crazy ass characters people make.

I would play with you Rei, but I have a 360. :(

If any of you have any Create a Soul forumlas, for look alike characters from anything famous. You should probably post them here. :D

Imo I think they should have allowed you to make a character that used the style of Yoda or The Apprentice. I mean seriously. You include the characters, but allow barely any customization to them. I demand that we put armor on Yoda, and make him a little Knight in shining armor. xD

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I would play with you Rei, but I have a 360. :(

If any of you have any Create a Soul forumlas, for look alike characters from anything famous. You should probably post them here. :D

Imo I think they should have allowed you to make a character that used the style of Yoda or The Apprentice. I mean seriously. You include the characters, but allow barely any customization to them. I demand that we put armor on Yoda, and make him a little Knight in shining armor. xD[/quote]

I just wanna make my own Jedi, but I have a feeling its more of a Lucas Arts issue than the Namco issue?

Maybe, I really don't know. It most likely is now that I think about it. Maybe because they didn't want Namco to get all the credit for Star Wars or some bullcrap like that.

bread's done
Back