Soul Calibur IV Limited Edition and LE (Guide too) for Preorder @ GS/EB

typeRJ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
don't know if this has been posted, but i was flippin through the preorder pages of GS and almost shit my pants when i saw this stuff.

Soul Calibur IV Limited Edition:

Soul Calibur 4 Collector's Edition comes with metal case, art book, tournament bracket card and t-shirt (XL size).

360: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71231

PS3: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71232

LE Guide: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=70867

This completely screws up the universe that was Soul Calibur. I'm still going to buy it, but I'll be damned to hell if I enjoy it.

Why does the PS3 T-Shirt have to look so much better then the :360: I am still going to go with the :360: since I have the Hori stick but damn it.

God i hate these metal cases. I dont want another scratched disc like with my halo 3 limited. They might be pretty but their not practical at all.

I think the only way I'd pre-order the special edition to this game is if they included a code to download the "missing" Star Wars cameo for free for the respected versions.

How much do you think they'll charge for the alternate character on both systems when it's released? $5? $10? When I first heard the news I was overall happy, until realization that vader/yoda would be console specific. My happiness was further dashed when they said "oh, but you'll be able to download the missing character eventually!" Completely blatant way to squeeze a couple of extra bucks out of the consumer to get a full roster.

i want to get this but now a days CE's are becoming too damn pricey,im sorry $80 is too much ill just get the standerd

[quote name='joshnorm']Why does the PS3 T-Shirt have to look so much better then the :360: I am still going to go with the :360: since I have the Hori stick but damn it.[/quote]

i said they same thing about the shirt after actually looking at the PS3 version.

i'm torn but leaning more towards 360. PS3 Hori Fighting Stick 3 is kinda like the old PS2 Soul Calibur II Hori stick that i have. that's the only thing making me want the PS3 one (and maybe playing against ppl in Japan). but there's probably gonna bemore ppl to play against on Live. i do have the 360 Hori stick.

oh and why did they include a tournament bracket card? it's a nice idea...but my $20 could've gone farther to include something other than a one-time use card that i can whip up with a dry erase marker and a white board. AND i can reuse it.

I hate them for including Yoda/Darth Vader. After being let down with SC 3 I thought I could write this series off. Now, the completist part of me and the drooling SW fanboy in me are telling me otherwise...argh!

Ugh. Which console to buy it for?

I'm going to go on a limb and assume this isn't a Gamestop exclusive, so I shall wait.

Has there ever been a Nintendo Collector's/Limited Edition game?
Between Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear, and Soul Calibur that is about 250=Wii

[quote name='Mendoza']God i hate these metal cases. I dont want another scratched disc like with my halo 3 limited. They might be pretty but their not practical at all.[/quote]

Blame the people who designed the case, its not a regular problem with LE tins.

That being said, not interested. $30 extra for a shirt I will never wear, an artbook which someone can just scan pics off...& some slip for a tourney? No thanks.

bread's done
Back