Soul Sacrifice releasing March 7th? in Japan, Getting a Premium Edition Red Vita

To anyone else who pre-ordered this game through Newegg, they've started charging and shipping this game.

Game reminds me WAY too much of

Ragnarok Odyssey

and that game gave me nightmare of replaying the same maps 100X just to get the cards i need..

getting it off gamefly weds but doubt i buy it

Does this have an actual story and different chapters like Diablo 2? I didn't like Monster Hunter because all you did was grind and it didn't even have a plot.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Does this have an actual story and different chapters like Diablo 2? I didn't like Monster Hunter because all you did was grind and it didn't even have a plot.[/QUOTE]

i think it has somewhat of a story mode...

did not like the demo cause you had to kill your someone in the first chapter (if you did not you lost)

(thanks for the thread bump)

Played the demo when it came out, ..decent game, menu system was a bit confusing and the story-telling portions...seemed real slowwww.

BUT DAYUMMM RED VITA!! (sorry for being slow to the thread)
I feel like selling my black generic Vita now for this red one T_T, this would totally match my Red 3DSLL
AND LOOK AT ALL THE GOODIES YOU GET!! Geez. I hate it when Sony does bundles like this...One Piece PS3.. ....FFXIII Pink PS3 ... Red Super Slim GOW PS3 White PSP ... Darth Vader PSP...Red PSP...Blue PSP...
There have been so many...and I feel cheated for missing EACH one. I seem to finally save up enough and right after I buy the plain SKUs a new color scheme one comes out!

Hate to sound like a didnt-read-thread-just-posted-guy ... but has the price been announced yet? and will SS come to PSN?

[quote name='HyeVltg3']Hate to sound like a didnt-read-thread-just-posted-guy ... but has the price been announced yet? and will SS come to PSN?[/QUOTE]The game costs the standard $40 like all Vita games and yes, it will be on the PS Store with tomorrows update. All Vita games that receive a physical release are also released digitally day one.

What was the original retail cost in japan for the system? Curious. I ordered one from nippon since it was the only one I could find with my Google translator ;p

[quote name='PimpLimp']The game costs the standard $40 like all Vita games and yes, it will be on the PS Store with tomorrows update. All Vita games that receive a physical release are also released digitally day one.[/QUOTE]

Meant the Vita bundle, not the game alone.
By now most all people know handheld games are set at the 39.99 tags.

[quote name='wasabi5858']go for the SS vita, it is still avilable on nippon yasan. pretty cheap relatively

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en...oul-sacrifice-premium-edition-pchj-10006.html[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Picked up the game this morning and am up to level 7. I unlocked the multiplayer and am going through all the side stuff right now. If anyone wants to add me, my PSN name is Bezerker22285

Just got my copy through UPS and FYI, this game does require an online pass. And I was also hoping that the pre-order bonuses would come with all first printings of the game, but alas that's not the case.

Stayed up till 7AM last night playing, swear this game caught me by surprise. Barely touched the demo and now I can't put down the full version. I'm planning on doing either a 99/1 holy build or an 88/11 one (If I want to keep my human appearance). Splurting blood all over my enemies is quite fun (And apparently its what holy excels at)

Though I think I have to do 40/40 first to get all the rites. The only thing that really confuses me is the whole SE/LE thing

So the demo kind of turned me off. I didn't really know what any of the attacks/spells did and I was thrown into a battle. Granted I've only done the first part of the tutorial, but yeah, didn't get a good first impression...

[quote name='dgwillia006']Stayed up till 7AM last night playing, swear this game caught me by surprise. Barely touched the demo and now I can't put down the full version. I'm planning on doing either a 99/1 holy build or an 88/11 one (If I want to keep my human appearance). Splurting blood all over my enemies is quite fun (And apparently its what holy excels at)

Though I think I have to do 40/40 first to get all the rites. The only thing that really confuses me is the whole SE/LE thing[/QUOTE]

Im just trying to have my first character for learning purposes lol

Was considering doing that as well, one Holy and one Evil. But I'm wondering if you'd have to transfer a demo save over again to unlock that bonus spell.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Was considering doing that as well, one Holy and one Evil. But I'm wondering if you'd have to transfer a demo save over again to unlock that bonus spell.[/QUOTE]

Hmm probably? Wouldnt be to hard thou.

Swear Carnatux has the worst AI I have seen in age. Dude literally knocks me out of 50% of my attacks while he's rolling around like a madman. So rage inducing to lose a fully charged weapon combo because he caught me in the back of the head.

Agreed, when the demo came out I figured I'd check it out. Man, it's the longest I've ever spent playing a demo. This is the first time in a long long time that I've actually enjoyed playing on a handheld. It's literally everything I dig on a game, it has a dark medieval storyline, similar to Berserk. While also keeping an eerie feel reminiscent of Demon/Dark Souls & Monster Hunter.

The AI does suck, I never bring any with me on a fight unless its one of those forced partners situation. If you have casters in your party and your a melee build. Half the time your AI partners will smack you all over the place with their magic spells.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Swear Carnatux has the worst AI I have seen in age. [/QUOTE]

I agree. I have a Dark 3 guy where all he does is cast heal AoE spells (which seems like more of a Divine move), but he always runs away from where everyone is so my 3rd AI partner and I die, and he's just running around healing himself infinitely after sacrificing me.

One thing that really irks me is that when a Dark AI is low on health, they can save an enemy and gain health from it, but if at the end of a boss battle I choose to save the boss while the dark person is trying to sacrifice, the Dark AI dies and I have to waste tears to bring him back.

[quote name='Thomas96']How do you recharge weapons?[/QUOTE]

Either sacrifice trash mobs that spawn as you're fighting for a recharge or use mind's eye to find items in the environment that you can hold X next to to recharge ~1 of each weapon - they'll show in mind's eye as smoky verical lines I think.

This game is still pretty fun. I've mostly been doing single player stuff, not ready to head back in to pacts yet.

And yeah, Carnatux is the pits. He looks terrific though.

[quote name='handsomepete']Either sacrifice trash mobs that spawn as you're fighting for a recharge or use mind's eye to find items in the environment that you can hold X next to to recharge ~1 of each weapon - they'll show in mind's eye as smoky verical lines I think.

This game is still pretty fun. I've mostly been doing single player stuff, not ready to head back in to pacts yet.

And yeah, Carnatux is the pits. He looks terrific though.[/QUOTE]
Anyone figured out the best way to destroy the weak spots?

[quote name='handsomepete']Either sacrifice trash mobs that spawn as you're fighting for a recharge or use mind's eye to find items in the environment that you can hold X next to to recharge ~1 of each weapon - they'll show in mind's eye as smoky verical lines I think.

And yeah, Carnatux is the pits. He looks terrific though.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir!

How do you guys handle defense and use of short - mid range weapons or attacks in this game, because I feel like I'm relying to heavily on long rage attacks. It seems that most of the time, if I try to get close to an enemy I'm getting hit out of my (attempted) attack.

[quote name='Thomas96']How do you guys handle defense and use of short - mid range weapons or attacks in this game, because I feel like I'm relying to heavily on long rage attacks. It seems that most of the time, if I try to get close to an enemy I'm getting hit out of my (attempted) attack.[/QUOTE]Learning enemy attack patterns is step one in landing effective close range attacks. Most if not all of the big monsters perform an attack that leaves them standstill for a couple moments. If you can also find the monsters elemental weakness, that can also help slow it down so you can perform up-close attacks.

There's been a surprising uptick in difficulty for me (which I'm kind of enjoying) - the Cyclops solo has been especially tough since he can essentially one shot me and my crappy life level. Has anyone had to grind previous chapters to pass some of the higher difficulty chapters?

I'm also still skimping out on close range weapons - I can't find the value when I have three pretty destructive long rangers that let me target weak points. I keep one melee in my pocket for mobs, a golem and a heal and so far I haven't had to change up too much (only changing out elements depending on monster).

[quote name='handsomepete']There's been a surprising uptick in difficulty for me (which I'm kind of enjoying) - the Cyclops solo has been especially tough since he can essentially one shot me and my crappy life level. Has anyone had to grind previous chapters to pass some of the higher difficulty chapters?

I'm also still skimping out on close range weapons - I can't find the value when I have three pretty destructive long rangers that let me target weak points. I keep one melee in my pocket for mobs, a golem and a heal and so far I haven't had to change up too much (only changing out elements depending on monster).[/QUOTE]

I've been doing the avalon pacts and the socerers missions to level up as well. The game started to get difficult, but then I started to level up my spells so that I could cast them more often. I also fused some to get more powerful weapons. Also, making sure that you arm (i'm sorry... I forgot the proper name) is set up in conjunction with the spells that you've selected.

I was going to skimp out on the close range weapons.... but honeslty... don't do that. The long range weapons are good... but the short range can some times knock an enemy out of an attack, and are good for counters and they can sometimes knock the enemy down, leaving them open for more hits. Just as Pimplimp noted to me earlier "Learning enemy attack patterns is step one in landing effective close range attacks." Just pay attention to the enemy patterns and correctly time your short range attack and the game will reward you for doing so. Cyclops was difficult to pass, I had to read up on a strategy to beat him.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Free DLC for this game is up on the PS Store if anyone wants to grab it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Hey guys.

Behemoth.

What the hell.

Just went through 5 or 6 rounds trying to down this thing ultimately ending in disconnect.  He gets a little aggressive at the end of his health.  This game is pretty boss.

Hey guys.

Behemoth.

What the hell.

Just went through 5 or 6 rounds trying to down this thing ultimately ending in disconnect. He gets a little aggressive at the end of his health. This game is pretty boss.
This post right here just made me charge my VITA that has been dead for 4 months, lol.

Now I gotta actually pop this game in and play it.

Anyone playing at night that's in the mid-higher levels that can help me clear out the last two sets of avalon pacts?  I've only gotten 4 or 5 out of the 14 done and it's getting a little brutal with pickup teams.  Anyone that wants to help (or needs to clear them too) feel free to add me on PSN (MildObstruction).

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently got the plat for this a week ago. I got luckily in getting the rare sigils by going for Devil's Feast line early, so the grind wasn't that bad. I still find myself playing this now and then.  I go through the forgotten packs with my 1/99 chaos build (resolute sigil ftw :D). I'm really looking forward to Delta with the save transfer bonuses. Those bonuses are bringing over offerings, lacrima, and black rites. For now, I'm just waiting for Ragnarok Odyssey Ace and Toukiden: TAoD in Feb until SS:Delta drops in March. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back