Soulcalibur V coming to PS3 & Xbox 360 in 2012

CapAmerica

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Joystiq just reported that Soulcalibur V is coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2012.

Namco Bandai's tale of souls and swords, chain whips, undead pirates, gas-mask fetishists, murderous ex-monks, Todd McFarlane rejects, bipedal lizards, elvis impersonators, razor-sharp hula hoops, and Siegfried Schtauffen, will continue in 2012 with the release of Soulcalibur V.

Shown during a press conference at Namco Bandai's "Level Up Dubai 2011" event. Soulcalibur V is set to launch on Xbox 360 and PS3, with a story that takes place 17 years after the faux-historical events of the previous game. At the rate technology is advancing in the Soulcalibur universe -- and the rate at which the women's clothes are shrinking -- we'll probably have all-nude musket duels within the next few games.

Namco has yet to send out a full character roster, but Siegfried and Nightmare already appear in the first trailer. The game's story is reportedly focused on a new character called Patroklos, son of Sopithia. Expect to see a little more media when the countdown on the game's teaser website concludes later today.

I wonder who will be the exclusive characters this time around? Maybe Marvel characters? They are the popular item right now. :p
Just joking, I'm kind of hoping for no "other" franchise characters this time around.

The 17 year jump is pretty cool, It lets them add a bunch of fresh faces and retire some of the old ones.
Thou I'm not sure if fans are ready for a almost 50 year old Ivy....

AWESOME! Will be buying Day 1! I'm actually really hoping for additional characters not from the Soul Calibur universe, I love Link and Vader so much. Also, SC3 didn't have guest stars and that game sucked.

Soul Calibur 4 was fun, but everything after 2 just feels weak.
Soul Calibur 2 was defenitely my favorite Soul Calibur, and Link made that game pretty damn special.
Heres hoping for Conker in Soul Calibur 5 ;)

They need to make the custom items and stuff less of a pain to get. I just want to make my sweet custom characters in SC!

The time jump angle is definitely interesting. I wonder if we'll get a whole new roster a la Street Fighter III, or if they'll just use some random time travel mechanic to keep Sophitia and the rest of the gang looking young and hot. Given the series' historical interest in eye candy, and, uh, bounciness, I don't see them just aging the current cast two decades.

[quote name='CapAmerica']
Thou I'm not sure if fans are ready for a almost 50 year old Ivy....[/QUOTE]

Maybe if she gets older, she'll cover up a little more. Oh hell, who am I kidding? 20 years? We'll be lucky if she's wearing nipple covers.

bread's done
Back