Soylent Brown is a reality. Japan scientist synthesizes meat from human feces...

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltren...rends/japanesescientistscreatesmeatoutoffeces

Holy crap?

Somehow this feels like a Vonnegut plotline: population boom equals food shortage. Solution? Synthesize food from human waste matter. Absurd yes, but Japanese scientists have actually discovered a way to create edible steaks from human feces.

Mitsuyuki Ikeda, a researcher from the Okayama Laboratory, has developed steaks based on proteins from human excrement. Tokyo Sewage approached the scientist because of an overabundance of sewage mud. They asked him to explore the possible uses of the sewage and Ikeda found that the mud contained a great deal of protein because of all the bacteria.

The researchers then extracted those proteins, combined them with a reaction enhancer and put it in an exploder which created the artificial steak. The “meat” is 63% proteins, 25% carbohydrates, 3% lipids and 9% minerals. The researchers color the poop meat red with food coloring and enhance the flavor with soy protein. Initial tests have people saying it even tastes like beef.

Inhabitat notes that “the meatpacking industry causes 18 percent of our greenhouse gas emissions, mostly due to the release of methane from animals.” Livestock also consume huge amounts of resources and space in efforts to feed ourselves as well as the controversy over cruelty to animals. Ikeda’s recycled poop burger would reduce waste and emissions, not to mention obliterating Dante’s circle for gluttons.

The scientists hope to price it the same as actual meat, but at the moment the excrement steaks are ten to twenty times the price they should be thanks to the cost of research. Professor Ikeda understands the psychological barriers that need to be surmounted knowing that your food is made from human feces. They hope that once the research is complete, people will be able to overlook that ugly detail in favor of perks like environmental responsibility, cost and the fact that the meat will have fewer calories.

Waste not; want not.

zabKZ.jpg

Makes you wonder if they even told the first "tasters" what it really was, or if they just labeled it as "synthetic beef."

On the plus side it's better than dumping our waste in the ocean....:fridge:

Personally I'd say feed it to pigs and feed the pigs to me, that I can handle.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Why am I not surprised because it came from Japan :lol:.[/QUOTE]

You'd think Germany would do it first.

Science sometimes is not a good thing. I'm not eating this .... shit.

[quote name='confoosious']You'd think Germany would do it first.

Science sometimes is not a good thing. I'm not eating this .... shit.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same thing. Germans love their scat.

If you click the link and watch the video, on the refridgerator where some of the meat is being stored it actually syas "Shit Burger" on a label.....

[quote name='musha666']I was thinking the exact same thing. Germans love their scat.[/QUOTE]

True, but all the good German scientists came over to the USA when WW2 ended. That's how we ended up with NASA.

what the hell Guile?!?!?!? That has got to be the most fucked up story you have ever posted!

[quote name='Habbler']True, but all the good German scientists came over to the USA when WW2 ended. That's how we ended up with NASA.[/QUOTE]

lol

I'd eat two shitburgers stacked on top of the other. We in the feces consumption industry call that a Double.

And honestly, there's really nothing like the smell of grilled shitburgers.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']"I'll have a double quarter pounder with corn."[/QUOTE]

ha ha hh a

can i have peanuts in mine?

[quote name='ITDEFX']what the hell Guile?!?!?!? That has got to be the most fucked up story you have ever posted!

lol[/QUOTE]

I was looking at the most popular items in Yahoo News. It was the number two most popular item at the time.

The “meat” is 63% proteins, 25% carbohydrates, 3% lipids and 9% minerals
No sir, it's 100% poo.

Maybe it's too obvious but, bet it tastes like shit.

Think about it though, by eating this you could say you're full of shit and it would take on an entirely new meaning.

It could find a niche market with japanese businessmen, if it's advertised as the poo being 100% schoolgirls'.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's in this burger? You use some kind of specials spices n' shit?

Nope, just shit.

Goddammmn, that's some good shit.

Yahoo news, the equalivlant to a middle school newspaper.

But I digress, thats gross. But definitely a way to cut costs in prisons.

[quote name='gargus']Yahoo news, the equalivlant to a middle school newspaper.

But I digress, thats gross. But definitely a way to cut costs in prisons.[/QUOTE]

That would be number 2 on the list, why not to go to prison:

1) Anal Rape
2) Shitty Prison Food
3) Beatings.

ROFL!

I watched the video on the linked page... If you look at around 1:34 in the video, you will see the good doctor open up a refrigerator. There is a lovely label on the refrigerator that states "SHIT BURGER." I hope they go with that brand name... LOL :p

I know that I dont want a shit burger! Talk about the most disgusting thing I have seen since I saw my neighbor's dog eat his own turd a few months ago. Think of all the protein he got... :x

I'd try it if they could make it kosher. I wonder if it says anything in the Bible. I don't remember God ever saying, "And of course, people, and I can't stress this enough! Man cannot live on bread alone, but he can live without eating his excrement."

People fail to realize that our tap water was at one point sewage. I wouldn't eat this simply because I can't eat anything in patty form.

[quote name='dothog']I'd eat two shitburgers stacked on top of the other. We in the feces consumption industry call that a Double.

And honestly, there's really nothing like the smell of grilled shitburgers.[/QUOTE]
Imagine if they sell these in fast food restaurants and the Shitburger special(w/ fries and drink) is #2 on the menu.:lol: Or in asking for the standalone sandwich, you could refer to it as a Deuce. Gives new meaning to the term dropping a deuce, dontcha think?
[quote name='GuilewasNK']I was looking at the most popular items in Yahoo News. It was the number two most popular item at the time.[/QUOTE]
Oh the delicious(ly disgusting) irony.;)

I have this to say about this recent scientific discovery:

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

And ew, just eww. I don't even want to think about fast food companies and institutional facilities (schools, prisons, hospitals, etc.) getting wind of this.

Never in my lifetime would I have thought that a food could be invented that would make human flesh based Soylent Green sound like gourmet dining.

Unless they are coming from people ( and can prove 100% )who only eat certain diets and are "clean" as in no STD's or other crap. No pun intended, this will never work.

"Hey Ikeda, we've got too much shit in Japan - getting to be a real problem. What should we do!?"

After much deliberation, he deduced the only environmentally sound solution:

"Let's eat it."

!?!

bread's done
Back