SP battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DungDude0

CAGiversary!
I have a gameboy SP. It doesn't have the charger (don't ask). The battery already died. Is there anything I can do besides buy a new charger to charge the battery?

Maybe you could buy a replacement charger and... I don't know, recharge the battery?

Check places that sell GBA/GBASP accessories (Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.) and find a replacement charger. You might have to buy a actual kit to get one though. Or you can get one directly from Nintendo via their online store.

Buy a replacement charger... its going to be cheaper than buying a new battery and the new battery is likely to be drained and require a charge to use. A local store with Used games might have a charger for under $10 bucks. Also if you have a Fat-DS it uses the same charger.

GameCrazy and most game specialty shops sell the official charger for $10. The GBA SP uses the same one as the fat Nintendo DS. You can buy an off-brand charger for around $6.

A new GBA SP battery is at least $20-$30, I think, and it is meant to be recharged. You aren't supposed to buy a new one each time you drain it.

[quote name='DungDude0']I have a gameboy SP. It doesn't have the charger (don't ask). The battery already died. Is there anything I can do besides buy a new charger to charge the battery?[/quote]

Lets see, anything you could do besides charge the battery...Well, you could not play it. It makes a mediocre paperweight, and an even worse doorstop. Is there some reason you don't want to charge it? It does kind of suck though, I mean, you buy a charger, throw it away, and after playing for ~10 hours, you have to go buy another charger. What a waste -- there has to be a better way.

i really want to know what's wrong with the painfully obvious solution. why would you not want to buy a charger and charge your gameboy?

My brother bought the sp from a guy at school but it didn't come with the charger. I said is there anything alse I can do besides buy a new charger. I don't really have any money right now so that is why I wondered. But thanks for telling me anyways.

Well, if you are that strapped for cash, your best bet would be to find a friend who has a GBA or DS fat, and ask to borrow their charger long enough to charge yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back