Space Invaders Extreme (PSP/DS), Exit (DS), Legend of Kage 2 (DS) $10 and more at GS

[quote name='Janaak']I just saw the Harvey Birdman for PSP for $12-$13 when I went to GS to get Space Invaders... (Thanks OP)

Now which version of Harvey Birdman is the best? If anyone knows... Loved the show immensely[/QUOTE]

Whichever loads the fastest.

Pretty sure I got a resealed LoK2. Fail.

Oh well, the game is pretty sweet (character moves a little fast and would prefer enemy collisions, and some other tweaks, but it isn't bad). It shall satiate my platforming hunger, and I even feel less depressed over not owning Ninja Gaiden Trilogy or Ninja Five-O. Very win-win. :cool:

Space Invaders Extreme is decent until you get to the level 5 boss and realize that they're trying to put you in a bullet hell with a slow moving ship and massive-ass hitbox. So annoying that it ruins the rest of the game.

[quote name='destro4eva']Got a gutted copy of LOK 2, great title thanks OP.

BTW, who really cares if it's been opened really, it's a DS cartridge, it's not going to get damaged. I understand if it's a disc, but even then, unless you are planning your retirement around an unopened game, aren't you people eventually, you know going to actually open it and play the damn thing? That's what games are for right? And it's a measly $10! That's cheap, you can always resell it and make your money back if you don't like it.

For those of you that missed Space Invaders EX, it's a blast! Contemplating throwing down the extra $ for that import paddle controller too.[/QUOTE]

i got LOK 2 for 10 did not really care for it... Tossed it up on goozex and got 450 pts for it.. Picked up a 300 pt game and a 150 pt game that i been looking : )

so i figured i paid 5 each for those and rented LOK2 for free

Grabbed the only Space Invaders DS I saw at my GS. Thanks for the heads up :) Now if only I could get this damn sticker residue off the cover...who had the bright idea to stick it on the insert?!

just wondering since they no longer sealed open NEW copies ... what keep someone from playing these games for weeks and then returning them for a full refund... They used to stick stickers on them but not anymnore

away shuffle is an okay game very easy so far

[quote name='destro4eva']Got a gutted copy of LOK 2, great title thanks OP.

BTW, who really cares if it's been opened really, it's a DS cartridge, it's not going to get damaged. I understand if it's a disc, but even then, unless you are planning your retirement around an unopened game, aren't you people eventually, you know going to actually open it and play the damn thing? That's what games are for right? And it's a measly $10! That's cheap, you can always resell it and make your money back if you don't like it.

[/QUOTE]

One reason why...some Gamestops stick the price sticker on the actual insert:

[quote name='PR Mega X']Grabbed the only Space Invaders DS I saw at my GS. Thanks for the heads up :) Now if only I could get this damn sticker residue off the cover...who had the bright idea to stick it on the insert?![/QUOTE]

Not to mention all the little kids with their food and saliva covered hands handling the game cases. I think I'd rather have a sealed copy... ;)

[quote name='Josef']One reason why...some Gamestops stick the price sticker on the actual insert:

Not to mention all the little kids with their food and saliva covered hands handling the game cases. I think I'd rather have a sealed copy... ;)[/quote]

Goo Gone is your friend. Makes all those things go away.

BTW: Why are people still moaning and complaining about "gutted" copies?

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Goo Gone is your friend. Makes all those things go away.

BTW: Why are people still moaning and complaining about "gutted" copies?[/QUOTE]

Won't Goo Gone also do something to the ink underneath the sticker on the insert?

I already have Space Invaders for the PSP but should I get it for the DS? It's 8$ used. What do you guys thinks? I hope GameStop has a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" deal soon.

The bottom line is that if I pay the full/new price for a game, I shouldn't have to bust out Goo Gone to get rid of the sticker residue on the insert. And not only does a gutted copy mean that the case has been handled by greasy little hands, but the instruction manual may have been taken out and handled/mishandled as well. The bottom line is that a "gutted" copy is no different than a used copy. Their excuse is that a gutted copy has still never been played and is therefore new, but I know from firsthand experience that gutted copies do get played by employees and their friends (as I used to be one of those "friends" at a locan EB Games.)

People are still "moaning and complaining" about gutted games because Gamestop is still gutting games.

[quote name='jalopez86']I already have Space Invaders for the PSP but should I get it for the DS? It's 8$ used. What do you guys thinks? I hope GameStop has a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" deal soon.[/quote]

Get it only if you really want it for both portables. I bought the DS version at launch mainly for online play novelty, and just ordered the PSP one because of the smooth and shiny graphics (regretted not getting from the start).

My DS can't go online at home anymore because of WPA so it's basically pointless now. I could never get over how ugly it looks on the DS. Just ugly. The upside is a retro feel with the jaggies if you're into that.

Best if you can get online with lower security because it was fun to randomly play against people from wherever.

[quote name='Hibiwa']My DS can't go online at home anymore because of WPA so it's basically pointless now. I could never get over how ugly it looks on the DS. Just ugly. The upside is a retro feel with the jaggies if you're into that.[/quote]

Setup a cheap 802.11b router (or your old one) and set it up piggyback and restricted to only internet use for your legacy stuff. Easier said than done, but that's what I've got setup. I also let guests use that if they bring their internet enabled devices over. I put a password on it, but since its only WEP that's just for the car thief defense (there's already completely open ones on my block so maybe they'll get those instead).

GS sucks. I guess they aren't going to bother to restock this any time soon. And yes, their selling used as new sucks, and I'd like to hear any valid reasons why it doesn't. I mean, how stupid do they think we are? Look at the age group that works there. If that thing is out of the package its being used. I'm sure somebody has even used one-time use codes, I just haven't heard about it.

[quote name='turls']Setup a cheap 802.11b router (or your old one) and set it up piggyback and restricted to only internet use for your legacy stuff. Easier said than done, but that's what I've got setup. I also let guests use that if they bring their internet enabled devices over. I put a password on it, but since its only WEP that's just for the car thief defense (there's already completely open ones on my block so maybe they'll get those instead).
...[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know you could do that. My DS is the only thing restricted to WEP so I'll have to weigh the worth of getting another router and finding the specifics. Besides Space Invaders Extreme, the only other game I played online was Clubhouse Games.

On the GS sucking part, that's why I ordered online to avoid stepping in the store. Got an unexpected free upgrade on shipping so it hasn't been completely bad. I may retract that if the used game I ordered along with SIE turns out craptacular.

Don't forget Space Invaders Extreme for DS works with the
arkanoid_ds_paddles.gif
Paddle Controller,
which makes the game way more fun to play. Can't say that about the PSP or upcoming XBox Live Arcade versions.

Bought Legend of Kage 2 and Space Invaders Extreme. Thanks OP!

Tracked down used PSP version (addicted to the DS and need to find a paddle...)
and found Away for DS based on some comments posted here...

I got my copy today while I was doing my Christmas shopping. They gave me their last "new" copy of the game. If it wasn't for the price, I wouldnt have got it like that.

While at the my local mall shopping for Christmas, I found a sealed copy of Space Invaders (psp) so I finally picked it up. Like I said, its the principalities!

[quote name='jalopez86']I already have Space Invaders for the PSP but should I get it for the DS? It's 8$ used. What do you guys thinks? I hope GameStop has a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" deal soon.[/QUOTE]

there's no point, the DS version is worse cause of the split screen bonus stage & boss fights

[quote name='NeoStrider']there's no point, the DS version is worse cause of the split screen bonus stage & boss fights[/quote]

I didn't have any issues with the split scene.

[quote name='NeoStrider']there's no point, the DS version is worse cause of the split screen bonus stage & boss fights[/QUOTE]

As I pointed out earlier, only the DS version works with paddle controllers, which is a pretty big plus for those who care to buy the controller.

[quote name='eastx']As I pointed out earlier, only the DS version works with paddle controllers, which is a pretty big plus for those who care to buy the controller.[/quote]

Meh, why should we pay $30 (3X the cost of the game itself) for a peripheral the company didn't bother to sell in the US?

[quote name='NeoStrider']there's no point, the DS version is worse cause of the split screen bonus stage & boss fights[/QUOTE]

Cry more.

[quote name='eastx']As I pointed out earlier, only the DS version works with paddle controllers, which is a pretty big plus for those who care to buy the controller.[/QUOTE]

I have the paddle and I found myself preferring the dpad controls, its too awkward to hold the DS when you use the paddle, the only way to use it is to put the DS on a table but then when you do that pressing the R button becomes awkward

[quote name='NeoStrider']I have the paddle and I found myself preferring the dpad controls, its too awkward to hold the DS when you use the paddle, the only way to use it is to put the DS on a table but then when you do that pressing the R button becomes awkward[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I never had any problems and found Arkanoid wayyy more fun to play with it. But I haven't given Space Invaders a shot yet.

[quote name='NeoStrider']I have the paddle and I found myself preferring the dpad controls, its too awkward to hold the DS when you use the paddle, the only way to use it is to put the DS on a table but then when you do that pressing the R button becomes awkward[/quote]

It does feel unnatural at first. I can't use R as my shooting button. The A button works pretty well for me. I put my middle finger under the controller, then turn the paddle with my index and thumb. Think of the game as a hybrid between Arkanoid and Space Invaders. The paddle helps to fine tune your shots and helps you get away from a mess of laser beams and fired shots.

When I get a laser, I scroll as fast as I can in the proper direction. Or with the spread shot I fire off a lot of shots, covering ground as quick as i can. The game was made with the controller in mind for precision and quickness. And the classic arcade paddle feel. But other than that, d-pad does the job just fine.

Thanks for the deal OP! I was able to find Space Invaders Extreme DS and Legend of Kage 2, both sealed.

Picked up Exit DS and Legend of Kage 2 over the past few days. Already got Space Invaders Extreme from a previous sale. Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='Masterkyo']Just finished Legend of Kage 2. Awsome game ever ;)[/quote]

I'm really impressed by it too. It's an old school 2D platformer with Ninjas! Plus, unlike Contra 4 and others like it, the game is not ridiculously hard.

[quote name='inthegray']here's a good comparison of the PSP and DS versions (conducted before the price drops). looks like the DS version is the way to go![/QUOTE]

I'm still torn - it seems to me "better music" is probably pretty subjective, and doesn't hold as much weight with me as better graphics. At the same time, I have been playing my DS more lately, esp. since my wife has basically taken over the psp. :p Hrmmm.....

[quote name='argyle']I'm still torn - it seems to me "better music" is probably pretty subjective, and doesn't hold as much weight with me as better graphics.[/QUOTE]

You think the difference between say a 192 kbps song and a 48 kbps song is subjective? Those are just estimates but I'm sure most people could tell the difference between the DS and PSP versions' sound.

bread's done
Back