Spaceballs SE

strummerbs

CAGiversary!
Has anyone picked up the new Spaceballs SE dvd? I'm curious whether the new features make it worth the extra expense as compared to the old version.

These are the special features that come with the Special Edition:
Audio commentary by Mel Brooks
Spaceballs: The Documentary
In Conversation: Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan
John Candy: Comic Spirit Storyboard-to-film comparison
Film flubs
Spacequotes
Spaceballs: The Trivia Game
Spaceballs: The Behind-the-Movie
Photos
Exhibitor trailer with Mel Brooks introduction
Spaceballs: The Costume Gallery
Spaceballs: The Art Gallery Original theatrical trailer

So if you really like the movie I would recommend picking up the SE.

[quote name='Kayden']I already have to $5 cardboard walmart version :sad:[/QUOTE]

If you like the movie, this new version is worth it. This version also corrects some framing errors found in the original release. Some jokes were ruined due to improper framing in the old version.

Don't you love it when they call the first version they release collector's or special edition or something and then come out with another, better version afterwards?

[quote name='BIG5']Don't you love it when they call the first version they release collector's or special edition or something and then come out with another, better version afterwards?[/QUOTE]

Yes, its called making money, and giving the fan what they want.

[quote name='gizmogc']Yes, its called making money, and giving the fan what they want.[/QUOTE]

Try making money by lying and ripping people off.

[quote name='gizmogc']Yes, its called making money, and giving the fan what they want.[/QUOTE]

giving the fan what they want? i would think that a fan would want to buy something right the first time around...instead of being stuck with what is offered til they make enough money....then they'll offer a better version so you have to buy that one too, as a fan....that's what a fan wants?

I want.

:drool:

must buy new improved version with more extras, mindless zombie stage nearly breached...

I wouldn't mind, maybe I'll trade my old one in during this deal...the like $5 it cost me was worth watching it a few times since I got it.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']giving the fan what they want? i would think that a fan would want to buy something right the first time around...instead of being stuck with what is offered til they make enough money....then they'll offer a better version so you have to buy that one too, as a fan....that's what a fan wants?[/QUOTE]

So, do you buy DVDs? If so, why? Most say its for the improved picture and extras. Gees, that's what this DVD is about. Would you rather be stuck with a crappy transfer with no extras, or have the option to upgrade to a anamorphic picture with tons of extras?

Not everything is available the 'first time around'. My god, for someone that owns DVDs, its amazing how stupid you are.

EDIT: Don't forget, the original Spaceballs was released on DVD in 1998 I beleive, when maybe 10% of the population had DVD players, Widescreen TVs were rare, and most had no idea WTF Widescreen and Full screen is.

[quote name='elprincipe']Try making money by lying and ripping people off.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Lying? So, when the DVD was released 7 years ago, they lied to you? You were sucking suckling off your moms tit when that happened Im sure. I'm sure you're pissed you spent the whole $5 at Wal-Mart for that SpaceBalls DVD, and NOW they release an awesome edition for $15! How DARE they!

This movie is awesome. I read some review of the Hitchiker's Guide movie comparing it to Spaceballs. There's one major difference: HHG was not funny at all.

Remember kiddies: The sequel is called "The Search for More Money." Did you really think they wouldn't release a SE?

I haven't picked up the DVD but I love the movie. I have been watching Bill Pullman every week on Revelations which is a bad a$$ show too. I will have to look into the DVD.

bread's done
Back