Spartacus series $9.99 each on Amazon

This is the best deal you're going to get on them for a while. The Complete Series collection may be worth waiting cause it adds in the UV episodes alongside whatever format you get. Too bad the TCM snafu didn't work out in getting people the Complete Series for $15.

This is the best deal you're going to get on them for a while. The Complete Series collection may be worth waiting cause it adds in the UV episodes alongside whatever format you get. Too bad the TCM snafu didn't work out in getting people the Complete Series for $15.
Agreed. This show is really underrated in my opinion and I have never seen it this low in price. I picked up all 4 seasons.

If blind buying, do note Gods of the Arena takes place before Blood and Sand, but was produced after so there are lots of spoilers for season 1 at the very beginning and very end of the season. So its best to watch it in the production order of Blood and Sand -> Gods of the Arena -> Vengeance -> War of the Damned.

This is the best deal you're going to get on them for a while. The Complete Series collection may be worth waiting cause it adds in the UV episodes alongside whatever format you get. Too bad the TCM snafu didn't work out in getting people the Complete SerieSis for $15.
Sigh... indeed. That loss still stings me. I knew it was too good to be true, but it's the first time I've ever been rejected by a pricing error.

Can Gods of the Arena be safely skipped entirely, If youre on a budget?
It's not SUPER important but the main character in it plays a part in the following two seasons so you may be a bit behind on things. You could always just read a wiki or a summary of the Gods of Arena season though

Can Gods of the Arena be safely skipped entirely, If youre on a budget?
I would not skip it. It gives you insight into the character that Batiatus (John Hannah's char) has to endure to get to where he is. Same for Crixus, the Gaul. It also brings in a character that returns during the series later on. It's a six episode miniseries, but it's tantalizing enough to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can pick up the full box set for $5 more at best buy it has a few extra special features (the featurettes on disc 13 and 3 extra season 1 commentaries), though the packaging isn't as nice as the individual sets.

$44.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/spartacus-the-complete-collection-blu-ray-disc-boxed-set/8087302.p?id=3260456&skuId=8087302&ref=199&loc=f7sX52tQY3I&acampID=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-n5c_2L3QDOzsxbfAUZHNaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfaD48ak6b0
And UV, let's not forget that. $5 difference to get digital copies and whatnot is a hell of a price. I own the DVDs and HD backups of them all.

And UV, let's not forget that. $5 difference to get digital copies and whatnot is a hell of a price. I own the DVDs and HD backups of them all.
Damn I broke down and just brought the digital copy for 30 .....If I would of know the price change, I would of offered less .....oh well

bread's done
Back