Spec Ops/Borderlands 2/Mafia II bundle 19.99 @ Walmart

NOTHALEV3L

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The "2k Rogues and Outlaws Collection" includes these three games and says its only available at Walmart. Normally 29.99, on sale right now for 19.99 (for Xbox 360, didn't check PS3 sorry).

Never played Mafia II but this is a price I would pay for Spec Ops: the Line and Borderlands II together so it's kind of like a free bonus game to me.

Sorry if this is known or lame or whatever, I have never made a topic and am relatively new to posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mafia II is a lot of fun. I haven't played BL2 yet, but I have played through Mafia 2 and spec ops and if anyone hasn't played through these 3 games, you are doing yourself a bit of a disservice.

Spec Ops is one of the best story-driven shooters I've ever played. The combat is an obvious Gears Of War ripoff but that just means its a lot of fun. But people should play it just to see the story unfold, its pretty brilliant IMO.

Does anyone know how the games are contained in the set? Are they in separate boxes or just one?

I'm definitely interested in the :ps3: version, but I might pass if it's 3 discs in one box. :???:

Does anyone know how the games are contained in the set? Are they in separate boxes or just one?

I'm definitely interested in the :ps3: version, but I might pass if it's 3 discs in one box. :???:
I really doubt they are on one disc. That doesn't mean I am right, but this gives you the opportunity to sell / trade each one individually. I have never gone to gamestop and seen this pack used, which leads me to believe that it is 3 separate discs.

I really doubt they are on one disc. That doesn't mean I am right, but this gives you the opportunity to sell / trade each one individually. I have never gone to gamestop and seen this pack used, which leads me to believe that it is 3 separate discs.
Yeah...that's why I was asking if they were in one box or three separate boxes; I always assumed they were on separate discs. ;)

This is tempting... however I already have Borderlands 2 from PS+ and got Mafia 2 at a pawn shop for $3 complete like 6 months ago.... Not sure if $20 to get just Spec Ops and bonus games is really worth it...

Will totally consider picking this up. Been wanting to play Spec Ops. Thoroughly enjoyed Borderlands 1. And have fond memories of the original Mafia, even though i've heard that it's sequel is drastically different. I'll see if I come across a copy on my next trip to Wally World.

spec ops has one of if not THE best single player for a millitary shooter (especially story wise). no matter which ending you get its tragic which is rare for games these days. not every single game should have a happy ending, mix it up a bit lol

I played Mafia 2 and really liked it

I planned to put it in the system, get about five hours out of it and never touch it again. Surprisingly it was one of my better gaming experiences last gen.

Good graphics, a different type of car to drive and more mature themes... albeit stolen from every gangster movie you've ever seen. Still. I really had a good time with this game.

Anyone play spec ops 2? Any good?

Spec Ops is one of the best story-driven shooters I've ever played. The combat is an obvious Gears Of War ripoff but that just means its a lot of fun. But people should play it just to see the story unfold, its pretty brilliant IMO.
THIS X100000!!! Spec Ops, thanks to the story alone, would be in my top 10 of best games of all time. Throw in very solid gameplay, and it's a top-fiver for me. Absolutely spectacular game. Worth $20 on its own. BL2 is worth $20 on its own too, and Mafia II was a bunch of fun and worth about $10. Great value.

EDIT: So glad to see others raving about Spec Ops in this thread. Whew...emotional, deep, brilliant angle, issues, and choices. Great, great game.

I would definitely not recommend playing Spec Ops on FUBAR difficulty your first time through, it is quite difficult even for those who have played it through 2 or 3 times. I found Suicide Mission (one level below it) to be the best balance of difficulty that it is tough, but not frustrating, and which forces you to rely on all of the gameplay mechanics (stealth kills, cover, grenades, squad focus fire, blind fire, sand traps, etc.) in order to progress.

Play the game as blind as possible (and in as few a sittings as possible) for maximum effect.

Wow, jump on this guys. The games have been out for awhile but if you haven't played them this is a sweet deal.

I would definitely not recommend playing Spec Ops on FUBAR difficulty your first time through, it is quite difficult even for those who have played it through 2 or 3 times. I found Suicide Mission (one level below it) to be the best balance of difficulty that it is tough, but not frustrating, and which forces you to rely on all of the gameplay mechanics (stealth kills, cover, grenades, squad focus fire, blind fire, sand traps, etc.) in order to progress.

Play the game as blind as possible (and in as few a sittings as possible) for maximum effect.
Yeah, FUBAR was a pain in the ass. Two missions in particular stand out as incredibly cheap... what a great game though. I loved the voice acting and the songs they used.

Wow, jump on this guys. The games have been out for awhile but if you haven't played them this is a sweet deal.

Yeah, FUBAR was a pain in the ass. Two missions in particular stand out as incredibly cheap... what a great game though.
I agree with all of this...even the FUBAR parts. :bomb:

Thanks, I will have my wife get this for me since I've been wanting to play Spec Ops and Mafia II cause she wanted to get me some games for Christmas.

She ordered online but the site to store estimate said between today and the 4th of January for pick up. It's cool with me cause she used a Gift Card she had so no costs out of pocket for it.

[quote name="Vigilante" post="11364838" timestamp="1387464571"]Yeah...that's why I was asking if they were in one box or three separate boxes; I always assumed they were on separate discs. ;)[/quote]

The games are all individual discs in a folding package. There aren't any manuals for the individual games.

Well, my wife's online in store pick up order got cancelled so she will probably go to another location near me to find it in store.

I saw the :ps3: version of this for the same $19.99 price at Gamestop. However, I didn't see the :360: version.
Again the Walmart version is exclusive. Everyone else, including GS, has the collection with Borderlands 1, Bioshock 1, and XCom: Enemy Unknown. The WM version has Spec Ops, Mafia 2, and Borderlands 2.

Well, my wife went and got it in store at another store. It was marked the regular price but rang up the 20 buck price.

bread's done
Back