Special E3 event at the Nintendo World Store

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Any of you guys going to the Nintendo Store tonight? Apparently they're holding some kind of special event tonight from 6-8pm. You have to RSVP and they're apparently having giveaways and stuff. I'm tempted to go, but I don't want to be the only old guy there among tons of 12 year olds.

The info's here:

http://www.nintendoworldstore.com

if it's about e3, you shouldn't be the only old guy. go, go quickly, and collect free stuff, my friend. do it for the rest of us!

Man, I tried going during lunch and the place was packed. They wouldn't let any more people in and people were standing outside looking through the glass. I sent them an email but I doubt I'll get an invite.

I got denied on the RSVP. When I went during lunch though, there were a bunch of goodie bags lined up by the window. All I could see though was a bunch of papers and a possible game/dvd.

Hi, I attended the "VIP" event last night. Here's a quick summary:

Giveaways:
Nintendogs Notebook, Dog Tag, Stickers, Adoption Certificate
Nintendogs "Dogs Playing DS" picture
Nintendo DS Lanyard with Brain Age placard
Nintendo Pen
Nintendo notepad (about 3in by 3in and 200 sheets thick)
Yoshi and Mario small stuffed keychain dolls
Nintendo Wii lapel pins with 2006 and the Wii remote

Contests:
Various DS games
Store Gift Cards
DS (not DS lite) and Brain Age

Finally, if you brought your DS they would etch an E3 logo and the date on the lid. This was pretty cool, but they couldn't do them all that night, so you had to leave the DS there (which was unacceptable if, like me, you were not from NYC). They planned this part poorly.

You could also have your picture taken with Link and Mario. They had a variety of food and (non alcoholic drinks). There were also two employees holding a DS lite that you could play under supervision.

In the email they said that you'd "touch our newest technology of hardware systems." They were playing the morning's media event on the store monitors (with no sound), but they had no Wii demos. It would've been nice if they had given all of us a DS Lite :) ok, well, at least they could have raffled one off.

If they had more product giveaways and demos, they would've had more people gushing on the forums about the cool experience. As it stands, I can't complain, it was free, but it was still a disappointment.

-frap

You needed to be on "the list" to get inside, but I bet they did let in a few extra people at the end.

The giveaways were pretty nice, but you can get most of it on ebay or elsewhere.

-frap

I stopped by to get a Famicom GBA Micro Faceplate today (to go with the Amazon.com $50 Micro deal) and grabbed one of the E3 lapel pins. Not the kind of thing I'd ever actually use, but that's cool.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is the pen like metallic silver? I think they sell those for $8.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is the same Leeds pen they sell in the store for $7 or $8.

-frap

I so wish i lived by there i went to there website and well that place kicks ass
Those game pods are sweet and well its to hard to explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And even though i dont like it much anymore i would still buy a pokemon action figure or old times...

P.S. How much do you think it would cost for a cheap plane ticket to new york from newhampshire??/? i would go just for that.

I hate to rain on your parade, but its not that great. There's only 3 of those "pods" and there are always people in them. The merchandise is overpriced Mario shirts available only in XXL (for sterotypical gamers I guess). Seriously, the NWS is pretty disappointing. The only half-way cool thing about it is the tiny collection of Nintendo stuff: the playing cards, the Famicom, the Desert Storm game boy, etc.

I live in NYC and I've been there maybe twice, and once was because someone posted that the Hori game boy player controllers were on sale there.

--ff

bread's done
Back