Special Limited Red State DVD/Blu Bundles From $30 ~ $500. Cast Wardrobe, Script, etc

Celsius

CAGiversary!
http://coopersdell.com/#preorders

There are a bunch of bundles. The $500 is below

$500 Package Includes:
- Kevin Smith Autographed Red State DVD (choose Blu-Ray or Standard DVD)
- Kevin Smith Autographed Red State One-Sheet Poster
- Kevin Smith Autographed Red State Script
- Red State T-shirt
- Instant Red State Sessions Soundtrack Album Download
- Red State Sessions Soundtrack Album Download Card to "Share With A Friend"
Also, choose from:
One of 8 "Five Points Trinity" t-shirts (worn in the film by Ralph Garman as Caleb)
or
One of 5 "Mike and Ray's BBQ" T-shirts (worn in the film by Nicholas Braun as Billy Ray)
or
One of 2 "Tact Squad ATF Agent" Jackets (worn in the film by John Goodman as Joseph Keenan)
or
One of 2 "Tact Squad ATF Agent" Jackets (worn in the film by Kevin Pollack as ASAC Brooks)

Plus:
- Be a skype-in guest on S.I.R. Internet Radio, and talk directly to Kevin Smith about Red State.

Count me in for the $30 package. ...But not going to order just yet since I'm about to move.

When's the release/ship date on these?

WOW! Thanks so much, OP! I never even knew about this! I'm a massive Kevin Smith fanatic, so this really excites me. I would love to go all out and get the $600 package, but that's just too far out of my budget right now. I'm thinking I'll get the $100 one. I love that it comes with the script and the opportunity to talk to Kevin about the film. :applause:

Now way am i missing out on a Blu signed by Kevin Smith, for only $10 more than the normal retail version. Thanks OP!!!

*edit*
Apparently the blu-ray copies are out of stock or something? I keep getting: Some of the selected items are out of stock.

[quote name='Darknuke']wtf is Red State? lol. Is it like a cult classic or something?[/QUOTE]
It's Kevin Smith's foray into horror. The reviews have been meh.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Now way am i missing out on a Blu signed by Kevin Smith, for only $10 more than the normal retail version. Thanks OP!!!

*edit*
Apparently the blu-ray copies are out of stock or something? I keep getting: Some of the selected items are out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that really fucking sucks. I'm definitely in for the $30 version if the blu ray comes back in stock. Please bump this thread if you notice the blu ray is back in stock. I can't pay $30 for a DVD.

I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan. A couple weeks ago I noticed I have every single Kevin Smith film that's available on Bluray (except I have Mallrats on HD DVD :roll:). So I'm in for this blu ray for sure if it comes back in stock.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Yeah, that really fucking sucks. I'm definitely in for the $30 version if the blu ray comes back in stock. Please bump this thread if you notice the blu ray is back in stock. I can't pay $30 for a DVD.

I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan. A couple weeks ago I noticed I have every single Kevin Smith film that's available on Bluray (except I have Mallrats on HD DVD :roll:). So I'm in for this blu ray for sure if it comes back in stock.[/QUOTE]

DVD must be OOS as well. I tried that for the hell of it and got the same message.

Just placed an order for the $30 package. I'm pretty sure I selected the Blu-ray option, but my receipt says "DVD" (which they may be using as a generic term for "movie disc"). Can someone who was paying more attention and not half asleep compare their order information against mine?

RED STATE DVD *Signed*
Factory SKU: 1193591
Red State Sessions Soundtrack Album Download Card
Factory SKU: 119359318

[quote name='dafunkk12']Just placed an order for the $30 package. I'm pretty sure I selected the Blu-ray option, but my receipt says "DVD" (which they may be using as a generic term for "movie disc"). Can someone who was paying more attention and not half asleep compare their order information against mine?

RED STATE DVD *Signed*
Factory SKU: 1193591
Red State Sessions Soundtrack Album Download Card
Factory SKU: 119359318[/QUOTE]

I just ordered the blu ray and it says the same thing. I think we're okay. Add the blu ray to your cart again and then click "details." It will show Blu-ray disc under "DVD."

I decided to buy the $44.99 version with the poster until I saw the fucking $15 shipping. I'm not spending $60 for a movie I haven't seen.

I ended up buying the regular $29.99 package with $7 shipping. Wow, that means buying the poster costs $23 more. Yikes.
It costs around $1.58 to ship a blu-ray first class mail. They weigh about 3 ounces. If you count the cost of the bubble mailer, that's around $2 total. Not $7.

$37 is still a shitload to pay for a movie, but I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan and a huge horror fan. Hopefully this movie reaches my reasonably low expectations.

Thanks OP and thanks dafunk for letting me know it was back in stock.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I just ordered the blu ray and it says the same thing. I think we're okay. Add the blu ray to your cart again and then click "details." It will show Blu-ray disc under "DVD."

I decided to buy the $44.99 version with the poster until I saw the fucking $15 shipping. I'm not spending $60 for a movie I haven't seen.

I ended up buying the regular $29.99 package with $7 shipping. Wow, that means buying the poster costs $23 more. Yikes.
It costs around $1.58 to ship a blu-ray first class mail. They weigh about 3 ounces. If you count the cost of the bubble mailer, that's around $2 total. Not $7.

$37 is still a shitload to pay for a movie, but I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan and a huge horror fan. Hopefully this movie reaches my reasonably low expectations.

Thanks OP and thanks dafunk for letting me know it was back in stock.[/QUOTE]

I watched it tonight. I honestly didn't think it was too bad, was fairly decent. Mind you, not 30 dollars decent, but I'll pick it up when it gets 12 or under.

It is a good movie. I didn't expect much seeing how Kevin Smith is not known for horror movies and it was better then I thought it would be. I plan on picking this up the week it comes out however the prices are still to high for me on this. Even with me being as big of a Kevin Smith fan that I am. I just can't see myself paying that much for this movie when I can get it for 20 bucks the week it comes out.

This movie was good but I'm not sure why people classify it as horror. Would you call John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13 horror? Because that's what this movie feels like to me. The first half is thriller and the second half is action/siege. That said, I would have gotten the $30 blu ray bundle if it wasn't oos, I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Eh, the more I re-watch his movies, the more I think they suck, Dogma and Randall being the exceptions.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's Kevin Smith's foray into horror. The reviews have been meh.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be his first time. That belongs to Vulgar. I don't remember much about it but it was disturbing without much actual horror involved.

[quote name='Kerig']Wouldn't be his first time. That belongs to Vulgar. I don't remember much about it but it was disturbing without much actual horror involved.

[/QUOTE]

Was the disturbing part Dante getting analy raped by a clown? :p

[quote name='Kerig']Wouldn't be his first time. That belongs to Vulgar. I don't remember much about it but it was disturbing without much actual horror involved.

[/QUOTE]

not his movie though, he only produced it. Did not write the film nor direct it.

[/QUOTE]

That was written and directed by Bryan "Steve-Dave" Johnson.

I got a shipping confirmation today. I'm a bit worried though because I ordered a blu-ray but everything I've been getting in emails says DVD. Guess I'll wait and see.

[quote name='tcrash247']I got a shipping confirmation today. I'm a bit worried though because I ordered a blu-ray but everything I've been getting in emails says DVD. Guess I'll wait and see.[/QUOTE]

I also got the same message and mine said the same thing, when i ordered the blu-ray.

This is on Netflix streaming already. Like others said, not quite horror. And the description on Netflix mentioned the word "supernatural", but nothing of the sort happens in the movie at all.

Anyone order the $500 bundle? You can always use Goodman's jacket as a safety blanket for your family in case of flash fires, provided that it's not flammable.

I finally watched my Red State blu ray today. Wow, I enjoyed that film very very much. I can definitely understand why some people don't like it, but I loved the hell out of it. I'll watch it over and over again for sure. I immediately watched all of the special features back to back (except the commentaries). I'll have to show this film to my friends who are Kevin Smith fans. Red State might be one of those films I end up watching around Halloween every year.

The film is kind of all over the place. Even Kevin Smith says it's like 3 films in 1. This unorthodox structure is one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. I guess this is one of the reasons a lot of people disliked the film. I can totally understand that point of view, but this film really surpassed my expectations in every way. I thought the directing, plot, story, acting, and pacing were all very well done.

Just finished watching this movie and had a much different opinion.

Kevin Smith starts out with kids trying to get laid. He interjects some homicidal homophobes held up in a church trying to kill those kids. Then, he just doesn't know where to go after the shootout with ATF agents so he has some comical ending.

Smith also writes in a shitload of horrible character decisions to further the plot and lengthen the movie by about 45 minutes. It's a rental, sure, but nothing substantial. There are about 7 minutes worth of credits, which is about as long as the condensed plot. I'm sad they actually asked so much for this.

bread's done
Back