Special Order an Atlus Classic at Game Crazy

Shady3011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (98%)
Just got this e-mail from Atlus. You can put in a special order for an old, hard to find Atlus game at your local Game Crazy. Quantities are limited and not all titles are available. However, this sure as hell beats paying high prices on some of these games.

Too bad I don't have a Game Crazy nearby or else I'd get my rear end over there ASAP.

[quote name='Scorch']arrrrrgghhhhh how many times do i have to tell you guys this..

PS1 GAMES ARE NO LONGER SPECIAL ORDER-ABLE AT GAMECRAZY!!!

The computer still allows you to do it, but you will NOT get a copy of it![/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='endlessPRO']whats the difference between generation and the latest one[/QUOTE]

YouTube the newest one (Heritage of War). Describing it doesn't do justice to the pain of seeing it in motion.

Tried my local Game Crazy for Persona 1; no dice. The guy behind the counter didn't think they'd have any luck with PSX games, but (then again) he didn't seem to know of the Atlus email/promo, either.

[quote name='Waffles']Tried my local Game Crazy for Persona 1; no dice. The guy behind the counter didn't think they'd have any luck with PSX games, but (then again) he didn't seem to know of the Atlus email/promo, either.[/quote]

arrrrrgghhhhh how many times do i have to tell you guys this..

The computer still allows you to do it, but you will NOT get a copy of it!

[quote name='ultrarobotninja']Not true, there is one in La Verne, perfectly nice neighborhood. If anyone would compile a list of worth while games, id go look and let you guys know what the clerks say.[/QUOTE]

i think by LA he meant, Los Angeles, not the suburbs on the outskirts..

La Verne is a good 40 minutes from LA, and that's sans traffic. The La Verne GameCrazy is pretty nice though.

[quote name='Scorch']arrrrrgghhhhh how many times do i have to tell you guys this..

The computer still allows you to do it, but you will NOT get a copy of it![/quote]

Yeah, but this is a special promotion that Atlus and Gamecrazy are working together on, is it not? Maybe typically you can't do it, but you can for this?

[quote name='dizz.lee']i think by LA he meant, Los Angeles, not the suburbs on the outskirts..

La Verne is a good 40 minutes from LA, and that's sans traffic. The La Verne GameCrazy is pretty nice though.[/quote]

Yeah, there's no way I'm going on a 3 hour Gamecrazy adventure.

[quote name='jacknicklson']*requests Tactics Ogre and Ogre Battle*

They will laugh at me

gamecrazy_persona4_emailblast.jpg
[/quote]

just curious, but have any of you looking for these actually played either, or just want them cause they are rare/atlus.

both of these games suck. ogre battle you don't really have that much control over your armies in battle, other than cards. they were both huge letdowns, at least for me. as far as tactics ogre, there are much better SRPGs out there to play.

[quote name='ctrek3']just curious, but have any of you looking for these actually played either, or just want them cause they are rare/atlus.

both of these games suck. ogre battle you don't really have that much control over your armies in battle, other than cards. they were both huge letdowns, at least for me. as far as tactics ogre, there are much better SRPGs out there to play.[/quote]

Replaying TO right now and loving it

[quote name='jacknicklson']Replaying TO right now and loving it[/quote]

thats cool that you like it, i would just hate to see people waste their money on these just for the name/developer/publisher.

i've done that too many times. and i figured alot of people have not had the chance to play either, cause they were somewhat rare.

[quote name='endlessPRO']whats the difference between generation and the latest one[/QUOTE]
Generations was a grid-less SRPG with interesting, likable characters and great stories. It also had multiple paths and endings with different playable characters, IIRC, so it had good replay value, too. Heritage of War, on the other hand, ended up playing like a boring hack and slash game with A.I. teammates. Yes, you can manually control all the characters if you like but its all real-time so its much more hectic. Also, I found the characters and story to be very uninteresting. Lastly, the skill learning system is very unintuitive and kind of strange. Some people might like a hack n slash game but I was looking for more of the same as in Generations and Heritage of War feels like a completely different game, and not for the better.

[quote name='ctrek3']thats cool that you like it, i would just hate to see people waste their money on these just for the name/developer/publisher.

i've done that too many times. and i figured alot of people have not had the chance to play either, cause they were somewhat rare.[/quote]

That's not really fair to the Ogre series since they were the first of their kind on their respective consoles. I'll admit Ogre Battle wasn't all that great, but Tactics Ogre was great game when it came out. Its system hasn't aged very well, but it is a lot better than most SRPGs on the GBA.

[quote name='integralsmatic']i dont think they will have old ps1 games for special order. I may have to paypal some cash to my cousin VA and stop at the GC near him.
I wouldnt mind trying to find these

Tsugunai
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Double Dragon Advance[/QUOTE]

I'm lucky i never got rid of Nocturne and DD advance. I haven't seen a copy of DD advance in a long time.

[quote name='Hirokun']:sigh: Very rare games are "blacklisted", meaning you cant order them(from a Gamecrazy employee). As to the person saying it was $6 to order it, No clue what you are talking about. Every Gamecrazy I went to in SoCal did the game ordering business for free. YMMV I guess.[/QUOTE]

I use to work @ Game Crazy like many moons ago and i remember when they started that special order program. The first couple of games that got blacklisted was Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dragon Force, and Suikoden 2. I thought that was funny.

[quote name='cokpendejo']What I did was just type atlus into amazon and then search by highest price.
In this order:
Nocturne: 100.00
tactics ogre (ps1): 100.00
persona: 89.00
zoids assault
brigandine[/QUOTE

Wow, i have Nocturne w/soundtrack, Tactics orge PS1, and Persona but i don't have zoids assault or brigandine. How are these games?

BTW GC said their system will not allow them to special order PS1 games anymore. They guy was really helpful and said he would do it for me, but when he checked the system ti would not allow the special orders on ps1 games. He said "It used to work, but now it isn't taking them".

[quote name='slowdive21']BTW GC said their system will not allow them to special order PS1 games anymore. They guy was really helpful and said he would do it for me, but when he checked the system ti would not allow the special orders on ps1 games. He said "It used to work, but now it isn't taking them".[/QUOTE]

Ive seen this kind of behavior before. They tell you that so you go away and then use it to their own advantage.
fuck HIM UP!

[quote name='Shady3011']That's not really fair to the Ogre series since they were the first of their kind on their respective consoles. I'll admit Ogre Battle wasn't all that great, but Tactics Ogre was great game when it came out. Its system hasn't aged very well, but it is a lot better than most SRPGs on the GBA.[/quote]

it might be good for the gba, but i am talking about the ps1 version. thats the one i have, and i much prefered vandal hearts and FF: tactics, especially vandal hearts.

were there any differences between the gba and ps1 versions?

[quote name='dan13l858'][quote name='cokpendejo']What I did was just type atlus into amazon and then search by highest price.
In this order:
Nocturne: 100.00
tactics ogre (ps1): 100.00
persona: 89.00
zoids assault
brigandine[/QUOTE

Wow, i have Nocturne w/soundtrack, Tactics orge PS1, and Persona but i don't have zoids assault or brigandine. How are these games?[/quote]

Brigandine is probably my favorite Tactical/Strategy game for the PS1, that or Vandal Hearts. Tons of replay value and lots of fun. Check it out.
Still the only reason I keep my PS1.

bread's done
Back