Spectral vs. Generation ?

Pretty odd that this topic just popped up, since I JUST sent out the money to import the EU version of this game.

Everyone I've talked to about it said it's good, and very fun in the sense that it's similar to, and as broken as Marvel vs Capcom 2.... but with there only being 12 characters, and it having nothing like Soul Calibur 2's master mode, I don't see what will keep me coming back to it.

To be completely honest, I don't expect anything more than a average fighter; I'm only buying it because it's based off Spectral Souls and Generation of Chaos (both in which I enjoy thoroughly)... and a petty sense of satisfaction I'll have knowing I can set SS, GoC and SvG side by side.

What messes me up is why they stopped at 12 characters... Spectral Souls alone has a main cast of over 30 characters, and Generation of Chaos has more brawler-suitable characters than any human should be forced to count. They could have easily passed up SFA3 in number of characters, and made a lot of them unlockable to make for some crazy replay value.

I'll give full impressions after I actually have the game.

Play asia had this for around $12 new a couple of months ago,but that was probably a sale.I played it when I had 1.50 but it didnt impress me and I deleted it after one match.I was running it off a mem. stick so there wasnt slowdown and the loadtimes were good but the gameplay bored me.Imo just didnt "feel" like a fighter, or could be I didnt have good knowledge of the game mechanics.Either way I was personally let down by this game,but maybe if you have time to devote to learning the ins and outs of this game it'll be better.
Good luck

I played the game for a bit and it is not bad. As long as you are not expecting Guilty Gear quality isnt too bad.

My only gripe with it is that the characters seem so small after playing Guilty Gear. I probably shouldnt play any fighting game right after GG. :p

Well, my European import came in today.

Not going into detail right now, because I'm focused on a score to settle with a boss trio in Valhalla Knights, but it's definitely not bad.

No slowdown and the load times are very fair... my only gripe is that it uses that save system from SS/GoC where it asks you to input some text, but never keeps track of it for any future edits.

[quote name='LostRoad']How much did you pick up the eruo ver. for?[/quote]

Roughly $35.

bread's done
Back