Speedway - Pre-Paid Gaming Card Promotion (6/1 - 9/30)

Regian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
For those who drive past a Speedway gas station and are part of the Speedy Rewards program (which is free, BTW), starting on June 1st for every four pre-paid gaming cards you buy you'll get a coupon for $10 off your next pre-paid gaming card purchase.

Taken from the e-mail I got

ATTENTION GAMERS:

Speedy Rewards has a limited time only offer just for you! This summer, we're giving you the opportunity to earn FREE $10 Prepaid Gaming cards. Use your Speedy Rewards card every time you buy a prepaid gaming card and after any combination of 4 purchases, you'll get a coupon for $10 off your next prepaid gaming card purchase!

We carry some of the most popular cards:
  • Microsoft Xbox
  • Sony PlayStation
  • Nexon
  • Gaia
  • IMVU
Promotion valid between 6/1/09 and 9/30/09
I guess the usefulness of this promotion really depends on how ofter you buy cards. Considering it also covers subscription cards as well as PSN cash or MS Points, you could earn yourself a free one-month gold card after four purchases. Some people might dig this, some people might just take a shit on it.

I figured it couldn't hurt to at least post and let you guys know about it. Again, the Speedy Rewards program is free to sign up for.

Cost of entry is high, but I guess it's not the worst way to stock up. You essentially are getting $10 off $100 in points.

I think it's more noteworthy that you can buy XBLA points and such with speedy rewards points. A lot better than buying crappy food-like substances at speedway.

[quote name='jer7583']
I think it's more noteworthy that you can buy XBLA points and such with speedy rewards points. A lot better than buying crappy food-like substances at speedway.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap :shock:, I had no idea you could get MS Points for a Speedy Reward. Thank you so much for pointing that out. Getting gas anywhere other than Speedway is now out of the question.

Some stores dont carry all the gaming cards though. Theres a few around my area that do but alot that dont. So you might have to look around for one. Almost all of ours have the internet game site ones but not many for Xbox or PSN cards. But this is a very nice deal seeing i have 70k in points right now.

[quote name='bigredvan14']Holy crap :shock:, I had no idea you could get MS Points for a Speedy Reward. Thank you so much for pointing that out. Getting gas anywhere other than Speedway is now out of the question.[/QUOTE]

He posted every time you use your rewards card to buy GAME CARDS not gas.

Xbox points are much cheaper on Ebay $35 for 4000 or hell a guy in the trade forum has them for $30.

PSN cards are on clearance at some Walmarts. Or maybe you can use a gamers gift card on them at Best Buy since those have been spotted coming back.

I have no idea what language the other cards are typed in. :)

[quote name='$hady']He posted every time you use your rewards card to buy GAME CARDS not gas.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about the deal posted, just the fact that you can redeem points for game cards now which I wasn't aware of before. Buying anything results in points. From the Speedway website:

New! Microsoft Xbox 1-month $7.99 8,000

New! Microsoft Xbox 3-month $19.99 20,000
New! Microsoft Xbox 1,600 Pts $19.99 20,000
New! $20 Sony PlayStation Gift Card 20,000

But yeah, as far as the posted deal goes, not the best one out there but it's better than nothing.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I'm not talking about the deal posted, just the fact that you can redeem points for game cards now which I wasn't aware of before. Buying anything results in points. From the Speedway website:

But yeah, as far as the posted deal goes, not the best one out there but it's better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

Ah now that's a deal I rarely go there and I thought it was a savings club card like CVS/Krogers/etc etc. I was just going off the posted information.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I'm not talking about the deal posted, just the fact that you can redeem points for game cards now which I wasn't aware of before. Buying anything results in points. From the Speedway website:

But yeah, as far as the posted deal goes, not the best one out there but it's better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. They're doing THAT as well? I completely missed that.

EDIT: I also want to point out that you don't just have to buy MS Points, you could buy the one-month gold cards as well. I'm pretty sure that's included in the deal according to the wording.

20,000 points for the $20 PSN card? Looks like upped the points on everything. I used to grab a $25 Blockbuster card for 18,000 points and use that to get a $20 PSN card from blockbuster and some goodies with the rest. I wonder if you can use the food and merchandise cards $25-17000 points to buy a PSN card with it...

Also, if you're having trouble finding all the game cards at a Speedway, look closely at the racks. I've seen a double sided card rack placed against the wall at one of the Speedways around here before.. and you guessed it, the game cards were out of sight since only one side was exposed.

bread's done
Back