Spend 2400 Microsoft Points During October; Receive 800 Points Back

Bobfoc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I caught word of this deal in the US forum. Basically, during the month of October, anyone who spends at least 2400 Microsoft Points on XBLA games or game add-on content will be given a rebate of 800 Points. This could potentially be a great deal for anyone who has been waiting to stock up on some new Marketplace content.

The link has been taken from the American version of Xbox.com, but the deal still applies to the UK and most of Europe.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2010/0930-thankyougift.htm

Thanks for the tip !
The Details
Purchase at least 2400 Microsoft Points worth of Xbox LIVE Arcade and/or Game add-on content between 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) October 1 and 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2010 and receive 800 Microsoft Points added automatically to your membership. Limit one gift per person. The free points will be deposited automatically into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010.
Offer available Worldwide in all Xbox LIVE countries, excluding Japan, Italy, and France, while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. For Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and system requirements, see www.xbox.com/live. Offer provided by: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.

Sweet.
I need to get Dead Rising Case Zero. The rest I'll easily make up by trawling the Rock Band marketplace for songs while waiting for RB3

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Is this valid on the purchase of XBL Indie Games?[/QUOTE]
No. I've read that it's Xbox Live Arcade games and game add-ons only.

Ace.

Was planning on getting Sonic 4, Sonic Adventure and Lair of the Shadow Broker this month anyway.

It's worth noting that any discounted or Deal of the Week DLC does not count towards the 2400 points you need to spend for this offer.

Zombie Nightmare and Lair of the Shadowbroker are certainties for me. Just need to find a way to spend the other 800 I'll get back for free. Bargain.

[quote name='Liam.']Ace.

Was planning on getting Sonic 4, Sonic Adventure and Lair of the Shadow Broker this month anyway.[/QUOTE]

Careful, having played 5 acts of Sonic 4 I can't think of many things I'd rather do less. Infanticide, maybe.

[quote name='John']Careful, having played 5 acts of Sonic 4 I can't think of many things I'd rather do less. Infanticide, maybe.[/QUOTE]

I'd happy commit Infanticide to not play Sonic Adventure

[quote name='MightyJordan']No. I've read that it's Xbox Live Arcade games and game add-ons only.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have any links to the specifics of what counts or not? I dont remember the page on the dashboard giving any restrictions, but I've now heard people it doesnt count for Indie games or discounted prices.

[quote name='John']Careful, having played 5 acts of Sonic 4 I can't think of many things I'd rather do less. Infanticide, maybe.[/QUOTE]

hard quote, i just tried the demo and still puking bad.
maybe it's just me, i'm not into... Sonic, that much
having spent 1200 points on that would be a guilt on me for ages

[quote name='SirStuie']Anyone have any links to the specifics of what counts or not? I dont remember the page on the dashboard giving any restrictions, but I've now heard people it doesnt count for Indie games or discounted prices.[/QUOTE]

The small print states the offer can't be used in conjuntion with any others, which rules out discounted and DoTW downloads. This, along with the Indie games not being included, was confirmed by somebody at Microsoft. I'll see if I can find a link.

Edit: I can't find a link to the quote, but this page has the details. The offer is for 'Arcade games and/or game add-ons' only. Indie games are not Arcade games so they're out and the small print is as follows:
Offer available Worldwide in all Xbox LIVE countries, excluding Japan and Italy while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. For Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and system requirements, see www.xbox.com/live.

Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for.
Shame as I was about to have a binge on Indie games I liked the look of.

bread's done
Back