Spend $80, Get $20 Gaming Credit on Select Games at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
link

Spend $80 on select titles and receive a $20 promotional claim code good towards a future video games purchase. To qualify for the credit, you must check out with eligible items totaling $80 in your cart. Only purchases from Amazon.com as the seller and made between 3:30pm Pacific time December 28, 2009 and 11:59pm Pacific time January 2, 2010 will qualify for this promotion.

This deal can still be exploited. Avatar (wii) copies are going for $30, with a trade-in value of $24.50, for those looking for a filler item.

[quote name='Miro']This deal can still be exploited. Avatar (wii) copies are going for $30, with a trade-in value of $24.50, for those looking for a filler item.[/QUOTE]
Another filler item if you need $15 worth is Dinosaur King (DS). Trades for $10 for a loss of only $5. Of course, the best option is to use filler like Assassin's Creed or Crash: Mind Over Mutant which trades to GS for $20. That is, if you want to deal with GS heh.

I keep going back and forth on this with Way of the Samurai 3 (which I want) and Red Faction Guerrilla. I am guessing that RFG's online community is dead at this point (on PS3) so it would be pointless to take the plunge.

[quote name='pandanaut']I keep going back and forth on this with Way of the Samurai 3 (which I want) and Red Faction Guerrilla. I am guessing that RFG's online community is dead at this point (on PS3) so it would be pointless to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]

Its not totally dead, you can still find a game most of the time. Also, there's a dedicated group of CAGs that play every Mon. and Thurs:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229086

[quote name='Jodou']Another filler item if you need $15 worth is Dinosaur King (DS). Trades for $10 for a loss of only $5. Of course, the best option is to use filler like Assassin's Creed or Crash: Mind Over Mutant which trades to GS for $20. That is, if you want to deal with GS heh.[/QUOTE]

Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga (PS3) qualifies for the GS deal too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pandanaut']I keep going back and forth on this with Way of the Samurai 3 (which I want) and Red Faction Guerrilla. I am guessing that RFG's online community is dead at this point (on PS3) so it would be pointless to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]
I'd pass. This deal isn't really that great unless you absolutely want them right now.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'd pass. This deal isn't really that great unless you absolutely want them right now.[/QUOTE]

NO deal is great unless you want it right now. Everything lowers in price with the passing of time.

This deal blows because of two reasons.

1. Its not as good as the Buy$80get$40 from 2 months ago

2. They raised their prices on lots of these games.

They only thing you can do is get 4-5 copies of asscreed and trade them into GS for $80-$100 bucks and then get the amazon $20 GC. It's basically switching Amazon credit to GS but who really wants to do that.

Instead of "flipper", how about "non-gaming gamer"? Someone who only plays games 10% of the time they are dealing with them. I like it.

[quote name='dino88']NO deal is great unless you want it right now. Everything lowers in price with the passing of time.[/QUOTE]
I'd disagree. There are some deals that are good enough to bite on. This one isn't.

I didn't realize there was some sort of quota I needed to fill in order to considered a gaming gamer.

Also, in order to play more games, one must always try and benefit from the opportunities presented to them. It's stupid to sit back and not do so. It's unamerican to do so.

[quote name='Estebon']I didn't realize there was some sort of quota I needed to fill in order to considered a gaming gamer.

Also, in order to play more games, one must always try and benefit from the opportunities presented to them. It's stupid to sit back and not do so. It's unamerican to do so.[/QUOTE]

This.

I "flip" stuff from time to time, but only in order to buy myself more games. I play as many games as a husband, father of two, and 40-hr-per-week employee can realistically play. But taking advantage when opportunities present themselves is what affords me the financial means to be able to enjoy more games.

Back on topic.... I can't find any perfect combination of games I want that would convince me to jump on this deal. Oh well.....

Damn. If I would have seen this just a bit earlier, I could have used my $40 credit better. Get GoW Collection, Uncharted 1, and Asscreed for $83. Then flip Uncharted and Asscreed to Gamestop for $40 credit. So you get GoW Collection, $20 Amazon credit, and $40 GS credit for $83, or essentially GoW Collection for $23. But since I'd have to pay $80 total now, I think I'll skip this deal. Makes me sad.

got my $20 dollar credit today, and took advantage of their price-matching deals, and picked up Left 4 Dead 2 for a total of $19.99 :)

I bit on Demon's Souls + GoW Collection. With the $20 future credit (which will probably go towards Splinter Cell Conviction) it's pretty much the same price I would have paid if I had done tru b1g1 50%, but this way I didn't have to pay tax.

Just in case anyone didn't know/notice:

Each promotional claim code can be used only once, even if the full promotional credit is not used.

:/

I'm pretty sure you'll use the full $20 claim code on any game purchase. there's hardly any games less than $20 on amazon unless you want to buy some really really old game that's on sale for less than $20, but at that point, you might as well just pay cash for that and save your $20 promo code for a better/new game.

I want a couple games but nothing that'll get it to $80. I really shouldn't, I have a backlog of more than 15 games already.

[quote name='grandjedi6']Just in case anyone didn't know/notice:

Each promotional claim code can be used only once, even if the full promotional credit is not used.

:/[/QUOTE]

So just use it on something worth at least $21+.

Simple I think.

Infamous PS3 $36.99
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance DS $19.82
GOW Collection PS3 $36.99

Total = $93.80

OR

Infamous PS3 $36.99

Uncharted 1 PS3 $27.99

Total = $84.80

OR

GOW Collection PS3 $36.99

Uncharted 1 PS3 $27.99

Total = $84.80

What should I do? The DS game is a MUST. I'd be willing to pick up Uncharted 1, but I can just borrow it any time from my library-- although it would be a welcomed addition to my "library." The first option is at least $10 above the $80 for the $20 promo, so I wanted to be able to take full advantage of the deal.

[quote name='Casteor']
What should I do? The DS game is a MUST. I'd be willing to pick up Uncharted 1, but I can just borrow it any time from my library-- although it would be a welcomed addition to my "library." The first option is at least $10 above the $80 for the $20 promo, so I wanted to be able to take full advantage of the deal.[/QUOTE]

I would go with the first option.

Infamous is a top quality game and a lot of fun. The only bad thing about it was that once you finish it there is nothing left to do (no more bad guys to fight, no game+). $37 is a good price point for Infamous... I payed $60 when it first came out and felt like I got my money's worth.

I just ordered GoW collection and am looking forward to it. I only played a little of the first game on ps2, but I've heard only positive things about the GoW franchise.

bread's done
Back