Spider-man Hi-Def Trilogy $15 with PM

demonchylde

CAGiversary!
Fry's Electronics features the Spider-man Hi-Def Trilogy in their Friday ad today at $19.99. I price matched at Best Buy and used the $5 off $14.99 Reward Zone coupon to get it for around $15 after tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='D0RC']Thanks, too bad Fry's is an hour away from me and there's no ad I can print out.[/QUOTE]

Found the scan copy of the store ad online via L.A. Times, I dont know if this works for the Best Buy PM or not

HTML:
http://npaper2.com/frys-electronic/2011/06/24/#?article=171471

or

HTML:
http://marketplaceads.latimes.com/adindex-30-0-0-p4.html

Let me know!!

Not to rain on your parade, but I'm almost 100% sure best buy only matches prices if the other store is nearby

[quote name='Gden']Not to rain on your parade, but I'm almost 100% sure best buy only matches prices if the other store is nearby[/QUOTE]

This makes sense for any retailer. I have a Frys near me. But I don't have an ad. I don't think BB will PM with a printed copy. But 19.99 is a great price on the set alone too...

If anyone is near a Fry's or Bestbuy with a Fry's nearby, I'd totally love to have someone pick this up for me. If interested, shoot me a PM.

My nearby Best Buy accepted PM with the printed ad from Fry's, they just call Fry's to make sure they have it in stock.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']This makes sense for any retailer. I have a Frys near me. But I don't have an ad. I don't think BB will PM with a printed copy. But 19.99 is a great price on the set alone too...[/QUOTE]

You technically don't need an ad as long as the Frys near you is within the distance specified for price match.

Just tell them you saw it at the Frys nearby for that price and have them call over to confirm.

Do keep in mind however that pm is also ymmv when it comes to stock. Some managers will let you pm even if it's ops, but ymmv.

Pricematching and using the coupon is YMMV, at least for me it was. When I PM'd the Back to the Future trilogy on bluray they wouldn't accept the $5 coupon along with the pricematch, it was an "either or" type of situation.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Pricematching and using the coupon is YMMV, at least for me it was. When I PM'd the Back to the Future trilogy on bluray they wouldn't accept the $5 coupon along with the pricematch, it was an "either or" type of situation.[/QUOTE]

Same here. All BB stores that I've tried in Western Washington gave me the same excuse.

1. technically you cany do this deal. The coupon says it cant be combined with another discount. so YMMV

2. if you have a an internet capable phone (iphone, android, blackberry) you can use it to show the ad. YMMV with just telling them that its 19.99 at frys. Some BB require the actual ad, printout, phone pic

3. CONGRATS on the score

If Frys website actually listed their sale prices/ad, this would be sooooo much easier. The Best Buy down the street from a Frys around here always has no problems jumping on a computer to see a websites price so I can match, but of course, it never works with Frys. Calling the store is a pain in the ass, because most of the people working at that Frys suck. I've never had luck with the PM/coupon combo either, so you had a nice score, and a little luck.

bread's done
Back