Spider-Man Trilogy [Blu-ray] (2012 re-release) - $18US Shipped from Amazon UK

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon UK has the Spider-man trilogy (2002-2007) for around $18US shipped. These movies were recently re-released and comes with bunch of new extras for the first 2 movies, though it is missing extras previously found in the old release for Spidey 3. It does have improved audio as well. At just $6 a movie, that's a pretty solid deal. These are completely region free.

LINK

Alternatively you can also pick these up individually from Best Buy or Wal-mart for around $12 each, plus they come with movie cash to see The Amazing Spider-man.

Unboxing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3GdHqXjdOU

Last edited by a moderator:
$6 for each Blu-ray movie.

Good deal esp if both SM1 and SM2 have all the DVD features missing from the BD. I kept my original Spider-Man DVD's just because of those features.

Plus, it looks like you're actually getting SM 2.1 the extended cut!

Yeah I believe it carries over all, or at least most of the stuff from the DVD. At least for the first 2.

Here's the list of features now included:

Spider-Man:

• Three audio commentaries: - Filmmakers and cast: Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin, Grant Curtis, and Kirsten Dunst
    - Visual effects designer and crew: John Dykstra and special effects crew
    - Actors: Tobey Maguire and J.K. Simmons
  • Behind-the-scenes features: - Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century
    - HBO Making of Spider-Man
    - Spider-Mania: E! Entertainment Special
  • Filmmaker profiles: Director Sam Raimi and composer Profile: Danny Elfman
  • Costume design featurette
  • Seven additional behind-the-scenes featurettes
  • Screen tests: Tobey Maguire, J.K. Simmons, and CGI Spider-Man
  • Costume and makeup tests
  • Gag/outtake reel
  • Six multi-angle webisodes
  • Music videos: - "Hero," performed by Chad Kroeger and featuring Josey Scott
    - "What We're All About," performed by Sum 41
  • New to Blu-ray: - Spider Sense Trivia Challenge
    - The Spider-man Cutting Room
Spider-Man 2:

• Extended "2.1" cut with optional commentary by producer Laura Ziskin and screenwriter Alvin Sargent
  • Two theatrical version commentaries: - Cast and crew
    - Technical commentary
  • Twelve-part Making the Amazing featurette
  • Hero in Crisis behind-the-scenes featurette
  • Ock-Umentary Featurette behind-the-scenes featurette
  • Five-part visual effects breakdown
  • Blooper reel
Spider-Man 3:

• Two theatrical version commentaries: - Director and cast
    - Filmmakers
  • Bloopers
  • Concept galleries: Sketches, paintings, and sculptures
  • Photo Galleries: Special Effects and director & cast
  • Music Video: "Signal Fire," performed by Snow Patrol

Are these not actually region B/2 as it says? If it is doesn't that mean it won't play on most players here in the states?

Sorry I dont really know anything about this stuff.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Are these not actually region B/2 as it says? If it is doesn't that mean it won't play on most players here in the states?

Sorry I dont really know anything about this stuff.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is sometimes incorrect. This item is indeed region free.

Cool cover, too.

Yeah the outer slipbox looks pretty nice, especially compared to the ugly cover art inside. If I buy this set, I'm totally printing up some custom cover art to replace those

It depends on what banks issue your credit card. If you can find out whether your cc doesn't charge any currency exchange fees then using pounds works out cheaper. I may be wrong but I believe Capital One, Chase, Citi, and Amex all don't charge any fees. I know for sure Capital One doesn't as that's what I personally use. Even if they do charge a fee it's usually fairly little (like 3% I think) and still works out around the same as amazon's currency converter.

For instance, with pounds the total (11.39GBP) comes to $17.88US. Amazon's currency converter charges $18.58, an increase of $0.70. Even if your credit card charged a 4% exchange fee it would still work out pretty much the same. So I always recommend checking out with Pounds rather than Amazon's currency converter, but the difference is not really much either way you go.

Slip case art is great, individual covers look like someone running a bootleg operation got ahold of photoshop for the first time. I may have to try the movie cash route with the US releases but honestly, am I the only one who feels these movies haven't aged well?

I love spider-man but never liked Tobey Maguire's portrayal. Looking forward to James Garfield's take ... though I hope someday we get an older spider-man and they break away from the stupid origin story and green goblin stuff.

Thank you! I've been waiting on a price drop for this set forever! I might just sell spiderman 3 actually, no need to own that...

[quote name='etcrane']Slip case art is great, individual covers look like someone running a bootleg operation got ahold of photoshop for the first time. I may have to try the movie cash route with the US releases but honestly, am I the only one who feels these movies haven't aged well?

I love spider-man but never liked Tobey Maguire's portrayal. Looking forward to James Garfield's take ... though I hope someday we get an older spider-man and they break away from the stupid origin story and green goblin stuff.[/QUOTE]

Andrew Garfield. Wasn't James Garfield a former US President? That would be quite a casting coup....

Anyway, I am also curious to see the new take, but actually wish they had gone younger. I'd rather see a true high school age Peter for the next 3 films than another guy in his 30s playing a teenager.

Here's what I calculated with the cheapest airmail to US address (from UK).
9.99 (cost of package) + 0.99 (per item) + 2.09 (per delivery) = 13.07 GBP ~ 20.25 USD
Still a good deal considering the individual movies cost $12/each at Bestbuy.

Anyone knows if you've to pay any import tax or custom duties for this?

[quote name='cagfansub']Here's what I calculated with the cheapest airmail to US address (from UK).
9.99 (cost of package) + 0.99 (per item) + 2.09 (per delivery) = 13.07 GBP ~ 20.25 USD
Still a good deal considering the individual movies cost $12/each at Bestbuy.

Anyone knows if you've to pay any import tax or custom duties for this?[/QUOTE]

If you order from Amazon.co.uk, they'll subtract the VAT (which is 20% of the initial item value, already factored into the prices shown on Amazon.co.uk).

£9.97 - £1.66 VAT = £8.31 Item Cost (for US customer)
£8.31 + £3.08 Shipping = £11.39 Final Cost (for US customer)
£11.39 = $17.73

Thats a great deal. Thanks
sm

Why do they have to put those ugly rating symbols on everything? Maybe I'll grab these and stick them in the original BR cases.

Bought this yesterday! Hopefully everything works out with it, never bought anything from the UK before. Thanks for posting the deal!

[quote name='cagfansub']Hi all!

I got mine today. Ordered July 11th, Received July 18th via UK Royal Mail.
Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Ye the royal mail are usually pretty good to be fair, only 7 days and cheap shipping :applause:

bread's done
Back