spiderman shattered dimensions (ps3/360) 19.99 @ amazon

I enjoyed Web of Shadows much more than this game. This game's art style is great but it's game play and level design aren't that fun to play after the third chapter or so once it's charm has worn off.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I enjoyed Web of Shadows much more than this game. This game's art style is great but it's game play and level design aren't that fun to play after the third chapter or so once it's charm has worn off.[/QUOTE]

So you recomend paying this game in small doses like i did with la noire ?

I'm definitely tempted, but I feel like it might make it to 15 on BF. I still need to play through Web of Shadows anyway.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Damn, that took a long time to reach $20. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Activision and THQ are notorious for not price protecting their games w/retailers and keeping the MSRP at $60 for as long as possible.

I also really preferred Web of Shadows over this.

Web of Shadows felt like the definitive free-roam Spider-Man game that I had been waiting for since Spider-Man 2.

Shattered Dimensions isn't bad, and the Noir and 2099 levels are pretty innovative for a Spider-Man game, but I miss the freedom of Web of Shadows. This feels almost like a step back for the series, like if everything had been built on the original PS1 Spider-Man game and Spider-Man 2 never happened.

And even the PS1 Spider-Man game wasn't quite the series of boss battles that this game is. After the first three or four levels, you'll know exactly what to expect from every other level in the game.

[quote name='strait edge follower']So you recomend paying this game in small doses like i did with la noire ?[/QUOTE]

Small doses this game would be fine. I'd recommend equipping the new costumes ASAP because you probably won't want to stick around for another playthrough.

Count me in on the Web of Shadows love as well. The game was crazy fun, especially the fighting system and multiple endings.

Loved Spiderman Shattered Dimensions. Great, quality beat-em-up.

I actually didn't get too far into Web of Shadows but it bored me to tears.

[quote name='brother bendu']It is not $20 for the PS3 anymore.[/QUOTE]

Crapola! That's because it's apparently sold out from amazon......

Yeah, Web of Shadows REALLY surprised me, though at some point I felt it needed to end much earlier than it did, the plot seemed to drag and drag.

While Shattered Dimensions is a bit more by the numbers compared to Web of Shadows, I loved the fan service in the game. Not only do you get to experience four different Spider-Man universes, they are also voiced by four previous Spider-Man voice actors from the cartoons: Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Spider-Man the animated series, Spider-Man the new animated series from 2003 and the Spectacular Spider-Man. Plus while it wasn't free roam, a lot of the areas did give the ability to swing around and were pretty large with the exception of most of the Noir levels which are mostly based on stealth.

All in all if you are a Spider-Man fan I think you will find things to like about this. Not the level of freedom that Spider-Man 2 and Web of Shadows had, but I think it did mostly everything else right.

Loved this game.

Got it for $39.99 around Christmas last year though.

But for $19.99, going to order one for my nephew who's birthday is coming up! Thanks!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']They also have the version with the art concept book for $30 on the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

what version is this? Im all for swag but i wasn't aware of a collectors edition for this.. is this a CE? or is it just the regular version with an artbook shrinkwrapped to it? Wondering if its worth the extra 10 bucks

Also, anyone know if the PS3 or 360 version is better this time around? Or if theres no real differences? I'll probably just get it for the 360 if theyre the same. For the achievments

Not to be that guy, but this shouldn't be more than $15 at this point. It's fairly old and well not that great of a game. Some parts are fun, but it gets so damn repetitive.

game is worth 20. I didn't like the Noire levels but the others are all pretty fun. pick it up if you haven't played it yet

shit all the gamestops around here just have opened copies, no real new ones =(

wish id got it on amazon. Anyone think the artbook option is worth the extra 10 bucks? or is it one of those tiny like 15 page pieces of junk. I refuse to pay full price for used games. An open game is friggin used

[quote name='Kenshindono']shit all the gamestops around here just have opened copies, no real new ones =(

wish id got it on amazon. Anyone think the artbook option is worth the extra 10 bucks? or is it one of those tiny like 15 page pieces of junk. I refuse to pay full price for used games. An open game is friggin used[/QUOTE]

You can see the art book here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lHwTq-FknY

It has some cool art in it but it is a bit short.

[quote name='Kenshindono']shit all the gamestops around here just have opened copies, no real new ones =(

wish id got it on amazon. Anyone think the artbook option is worth the extra 10 bucks? or is it one of those tiny like 15 page pieces of junk. I refuse to pay full price for used games. An open game is friggin used[/QUOTE]

QFT - I hit 3 different GSs that all said they had new copies in stock. They all tried to pawn off an un-sealed copy as new. F-that. Taking the ad to Best Buy/Target/TRU and getting it price matched.

I came into the tail end of the $19.99 PS3 Amazon re-stock last night - every time I put it in my cart, it kept saying it was no longer available from Amazon.

The hoops we have to jump through to save a few bucks....:roll:

[quote name='brother bendu']Thanks for the heads up falcintor! Just snagged one for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

You're very welcome Bro Bendu, glad you got in on one!

I'm kinda tired out on these artbooks, certainly after paying extra for the Singularity Comic. With this one, for $10 more I'd just as soon buy THREE comics. These books just collect dust, take up space...after flipping through them. Not like they're prints that could be mountable....

fuck Target. Seriously, fuck them. Since gamestop only has used copies theyre passing off as new to sell i checked walmart.. they were sold out. Then i checked Target and they actually had a couple copies. But when i tried to get them to price match they refused. Their price match policy is a joke, with an absurd number of restrictions. The most idiotic being you need a NEWSPAPER print add. It doesn't matter if the ad is for a regular brick and mortar store, if they dont shell out for stupid newspaper adds they wont price match. I had printed the ad out but it wasn't good enough i guess. No stores do newspaper adds anymore. The only adds i get in Sundays paper are Target and Best buy.. thats it. Walmart doesn't even do them anymore.

They wouldn't call and check, or do anything, just kept paroting that it has to be a newspaper add. Friggin ridiculous. Their electronics section has been going to crap for a while now, and this is probably the last straw, i think im done buying anything from them other than the occasional clearance find

*sigh* so alll i have now is a PS3 version from gamestop that I dont want. I guess i'll probably just return it, i was hoping to get the 360 version. Especially since my ps3 has been broken for months. I dunno if amazon will have it for 20 bucks again.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You can see the art book here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lHwTq-FknY

It has some cool art in it but it is a bit short.[/QUOTE]

thanks.. looks neat but not sure if its worth an extra 10 bucks. Its VERY short

Amazon started taking orders again for the PS3 version. In stock on 10/8.

Since stores aren't accepting printouts of the GS ad for price matching, and no GSs in my area have sealed copies, this was what I was hoping for....

bread's done
Back