Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir $10.99 @ Amazon.com

Not even worth 10 bucks.

Possibly the worst 3ds game there is, next to Steel Diver.

Plus, you need to be on a location or a room with bright light in order to play the game because your 3ds gyroscope won't detect shit in the dark, which completely destroys the purpose of playing horror game in a first place.

It's one of those games with a great idea of using augmented reality for gameplay, but the execution is piss poor.

I think its worth a quick play through then flip it to Best Buy for $14 after the 100% bonus. Time-wise I think it took about 3-4 hours for me to beat. The story was decent and enjoyable for me, but below the standards for a Fatal Frame game. The ghost battles I admit are flawed and difficult because of the augmented reality. Just don't expected to be scared when playing game.

I picked it up ... for $11, why not? I love trying out new stuff -- and, as has been posted, I can just trade it back in.

[quote name='zeonmx']
Plus, you need to be on a location or a room with bright light in order to play the game because your 3ds gyroscope won't detect shit in the dark, which completely destroys the purpose of playing horror game in a first place.

It's one of those games with a great idea of using augmented reality for gameplay, but the execution is piss poor.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much what I've heard everywhere. Still picked it up for $10 awhile back at a local used game/DVD retailer. Haven't gotten to it yet.

Headphones will definitely enhance the experience. Can you play it in the dark if you use a flashlight / candles / lantern of some kind? That'd be an acceptable compromise for me.

I wish that they'd incorporate the AR feature into a good game. (Ignoring Kid Icarus as I've not played, nor have I read anything about, the AR features in that card game). Whatever happened to Bravely Default? I'll have to see whether or not that game turned out to be any good (not that it will ever be released in the US).

bread's done
Back