Splashtop Android app free today (use to play PC games on tablet/phone; normally $5)

Thanks. I've stopped looking at the amazon daily apps since i barely used any of them and they were just making my phone messy. This app is actually something i was looking for.

This may be a dumb question, but if I get something from the market for my phone can I still use it if I were to pick up a tablet later on?

I only ask because I bought something from the market website for the first time recently (as in not using the app on my phone) and you have to specify which device you're getting it for. My phone is my only device currently, but it made me wonder if I would have to rebuy games and such if I get a tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Monroeski']This may be a dumb question, but if I get something from the market for my phone can I still use it if I were to pick up a tablet later on?

I only ask because I bought something from the market website for the first time recently and you have to specify which device you're getting it for. My phone is my only device currently, but it made me wonder if I would have to rebuy games and such if I get a tablet.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't have to re-buy them. As far as I know you would only have to log into your Amazon account and re-download them.

[quote name='Monroeski']This may be a dumb question, but if I get something from the market for my phone can I still use it if I were to pick up a tablet later on?

I only ask because I bought something from the market website for the first time recently (as in not using the app on my phone) and you have to specify which device you're getting it for. My phone is my only device currently, but it made me wonder if I would have to rebuy games and such if I get a tablet.[/QUOTE]

All your apps are just linked to your account, not the device so it shouldn't be an issue.

I only ask because I bought something from the market website for the first time recently (as in not using the app on my phone) and you have to specify which device you're getting it for. My phone is my only device currently, but it made me wonder if I would have to rebuy games and such if I get a tablet.[/QUOTE]

I think Amazon lets you have one Amazon account linked to 5 different Android devices. So you're good, no need to rebuy as long as you only have your account on a couple devices.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I think Amazon lets you have one Amazon account linked to 5 different Android devices. So you're good, no need to rebuy as long as you only have your account on a couple devices.[/QUOTE]
Thanks to everybody that answered my question, seems the apps are tied more to account than device.

I'm assuming it's the same for the regular Android Market?

[quote name='Monroeski']Thanks to everybody that answered my question, seems the apps are tied more to account than device.

I'm assuming it's the same for the regular Android Market?[/QUOTE]

Yes although I believe anytime you buy an app on Android it has to start a download to at least one device the first time, though you can always cancel it before it's done I suppose.

With Amazon when you buy (or get for free) an app on Amazon.com it will add it to your account but does not download to your device. You can do that later from the app.

Also, I *think* you have to have at least one Android device registered to your Amazon account with the app installed and attached to your account before you can add apps to your account via Amazon.com.

[quote name='Motoki']Yes although I believe anytime you buy an app on Android it has to start a download to at least one device the first time, though you can always cancel it before it's done I suppose.

With Amazon when you buy (or get for free) an app on Amazon.com it will add it to your account but does not download to your device. You can do that later from the app.

Also, I *think* you have to have at least one Android device registered to your Amazon account with the app installed and attached to your account before you can add apps to your account via Amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

Just want to confirm that based on my experience you must have an android device linked to your account to purchase this. Also I've got two Galaxy Nexus phones and a Galaxy Tab and haven't hit any install limits, besides on one application in the Android Market (Where is my Droid).

bread's done
Back